Pro50 Championship Thread 2021-22

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Pro50 Championship Thread 2021-22

Post by secretzimbo »

Revised fixture list. Players have gone into a strict Covid bubble for the next 10 days to complete the tourney.

FFwoicEXoAkKDee.jpeg
FFwoicEXoAkKDee.jpeg (540.7 KiB) Viewed 1086 times

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

I must admit, ever since Hamilton went to ZC they've been qlot better generally. The fact they're actually finishing the pro50 deserves praise rather than just binning it off.

Googly

Post by Googly »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:22 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:47 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:18 pm

Could be any other reason still. All we know is that tomorrows fixtures have mysteriously disappeared from cricinfo and also that Rocks were still in Masvingo/Harare as of quite late this afternoon/evening when usually they would have travelled to Mutare around lunchtime.

Word is that there are a number of positive Covid cases amongst players currently. Not sure which teams or who. Or how many.
That's really bad and makes sense to cancel the fixtures for now.
Young cricketers have got more chance of getting killed by a meteorite than by any form of covid.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Googly wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:23 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:22 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:47 pm

Word is that there are a number of positive Covid cases amongst players currently. Not sure which teams or who. Or how many.
That's really bad and makes sense to cancel the fixtures for now.
Young cricketers have got more chance of getting killed by a meteorite than by any form of covid.
😂😂 I think the competition is restarting tomorrow which is good news.

Googly

Post by Googly »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:59 am
As usual Zimbabwe will suffer a lot more than South Africa due to this travel ban and all.

African nations in general have been very slow on vaccination, that certainly doesn't help.
I've done some stupid shit in my time, one thing I really regret is having had this vaccination. Hopefully the Sino capsule was full of water and not something vaguely resembling a vaccine. Its an absolute load of horseshit. We are headed towards daily booster shots for the muppets that buy into this, we need to thin the herd. You could tell these guys to run three times round the house barking like a dog and it will strengthen their immunity and they'd do it.
The next world war needs to be fought between mask wearers and non mask wearers. I'd have dealt with my quota before breakfast.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:11 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:59 am
As usual Zimbabwe will suffer a lot more than South Africa due to this travel ban and all.

African nations in general have been very slow on vaccination, that certainly doesn't help.
I've done some stupid shit in my time, one thing I really regret is having had this vaccination. Hopefully the Sino capsule was full of water and not something vaguely resembling a vaccine. Its an absolute load of horseshit. We are headed towards daily booster shots for the muppets that buy into this, we need to thin the herd. You could tell these guys to run three times round the house barking like a dog and it will strengthen their immunity and they'd do it.
The next world war needs to be fought between mask wearers and non mask wearers. I'd have dealt with my quota before breakfast.
Yeah fucking with the body’s immunity with an untested vaccine is just…. Risky. But yet the pressure to do this is just unheard of and it’s farrrrrked.
I got the vaccine myself just so I can go back to Australia and not be treated like a leper everytime I go kfc, but to hell I’ll be taking these boosters if I can avoid it.
This omicron is eating the delta and seems to be better so wtf is this fuss?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Crikey :shock: is one of the symptoms of covid being turned into Michael Chinouya?

Donald

Post by Donald »

Good innings from Ben Curran and kaitano.

Would like to see kaitano in one day side soon. I think he will surprise many as he can turn it on in one day games.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Donald wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:22 am
Good innings from Ben Curran and kaitano.

Would like to see kaitano in one day side soon. I think he will surprise many as he can turn it on in one day games.
Yeah, he looks like a pretty decent player by Zimbo standards. Nice strike rate, scoring a fair amount of runs. Young enough too

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Captain Wellington in at 3 according to cricinfo. Interesting