2022 U19 World Cup Thread

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: 2022 U19 World Cup Thread

Post by Googly »

My issue is more with the ICC than with tin pot cheating countries that have no boundaries whatsoever. There's a 100% correlation between these countries that allow blatant cheating and the fact that they have thieving corrupt boards. It's like allowing your kid to be a twat and then wonder why he does a stretch as an adult.
It means that the ICC themselves are deeply corrupt, not that we need further proof, but if it was required then here it is. :lol:

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:25 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:00 pm
Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:38 pm

I'm not going to stop whining about this. Check out the reserves of both sides, they're visibly much
Well that's not true. A 25 year old bowling 140 sconning someone in a tournament is actually life threatening. There would be grounds for a law suit.
Secondly there are youngsters looking for Academy and pro contracts and runs are important so there goes the livelihood part as well.
How do you feel about Mankad?
Do you mind who cheats? I mean if someone cheats against your side would it be less palatable or are you OK with it across the board?
Are you ambivalent about it or would you actively encourage it if someone could get away with it?
For example would you teach your kids to cheat?
Where do you personally draw the line? A list of things that you are not OK with would help establish how much of a dipstick you actually are. :lol:
How is a 25 yo bowling 140 any more dangerous than a 19 yo bowling 140? In 2018, India had a 17 year old bowling 150. And another bowling 140-145.

Mankading is stupid. Totally against it. Its not cricket IMO.

I can get behind a level playing field for a tournament involving a couple of hundred cricketers if you can get behind a level playing field for stuff that affects millions of people (eg rooting out systemic racism against blacks and people of color) or billions (climate change denialism). Sounds reasonable no?

All I'm saying is maybe a level playing field is overrated. Like should we really punish the players born into a country we're age manipulation is commonplace? That would like punishing rich kids with higher taxes just for being born into wealth. Maybe we should let things be as is.
Well it's highly improbable that the Indians bowling 140 and 150 are 17 isn't it? :lol: A 6ft 8 Blessing can't get it up to 140 but a 17 year old kid can? :lol:

Absolutely its no less dangerous whether someone the right age can bowl that quick or not, but you're totally missing the point. A man bowling that fast against u19's is against the rules and there needs to be repercussions. The answer is in what that U stands for. If the kid plays in FC he signs up for that. If he plays in an Under 19 tournament he has a right to expect to face u19's.
If you're OK with over agers then you must be OK with under agers? So a 12 year old child soldier in Liberia is acceptable because he's killing people with an AK which is the same tool that his 25 year old counterparts use?

Your analogy of taxing the rich kid more is a bit weird because yes, they do get taxed more.

I've always been behind a level playing field, whether it's issues of cricket or race. But in your world the way to make things equal is to pull others down in order to give others a leg up. You have to make it systemically racist in the other direction in order for there to be a chance of that happening because the rules are reasonably fair now and there's very little change to the status quo. Historical injustices are hard to rectify unless the playing field becomes heavily tipped in your favor and even then there's no guarantee.

So your suggestion is to leave things be because that's how things are done there anyway? If the WC was being played in Afghanistan then maybe they would be entitled to set the rules - ok we've got a cricket comp here, in order to enter bring 3 reserves that are u19. But the comp is in another country organised by a world wide governing body- their venue, their rules.

You even lost Tinah here, not easy to do that, he/she would have blindly followed you anywhere :lol:
Googly as an anglo saxon, ive often wondered about the generational trauma your forefathers suffered at the hands of the vikings.

Just went through the six seasons of vikings and it was brutal how they just terrorized the english over 100's of years unprovoked and literally took over York and turfed the locals and just stayed.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Can’t actually get my head around the fact that there are people genuinely defending actual CHEATING. Wild.

Curious that the two people defending it are Asian themselves.

Googly

Post by Googly »

In fairness after I watched that I convinced myself I had Viking blood. :lol: I'm waiting for my reparations, shivering with excitement about evicting a thieving murdering Viking ancestor Swede and his nice family from his holiday chalet on a ski slope.

Why can't you get over it, Secret? It's the way of the world. You just have to say sorry and move on or Cry Terion will cancel you.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:56 am
Can’t actually get my head around the fact that there are people genuinely defending actual CHEATING. Wild.

Yeah lol, I mean by some of this logic, might as well play your national team in the u19 wc :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:56 am

If they lived in Papua New Guinea they'd be defending cannibalism :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:12 am
Also can’t wait to see your future 17 yr old son playing for the USA up against a 27 yr old 145 bowler.
Good thing you’re a medical professional if the bouncer hits his head.
In fairness he failed the last two modules because he couldn't figure out how to hack into the system, and clearly he tried :lol:
My First Aid CPR course that I completed in one day and for which I have a certificate for gives me more credibility :lol:

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Not all doom and gloom folks, let's hope the U19s pull one off tomorrow against Afghanistan. Although that's not going to be easy, but let's see.

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Can anyone tell me how I can watch the game in the UK?

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

ZIMFAN wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:02 am
Can anyone tell me how I can watch the game in the UK?
Sky sports cricket youtube