2022 U19 World Cup Thread

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMFAN

Re: 2022 U19 World Cup Thread

Post by ZIMFAN »

Thanks so much Marshmallow

Donald

Post by Donald »

I know maybe a few of the under 19 lads will be reading this so just do your best lads and leave everything out on the field. You have the capability to win today for sure. Do your best and everything else will take care of itself

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:25 am

I've always been behind a level playing field, whether it's issues of cricket or race. But in your world the way to make things equal is to pull others down in order to give others a leg up. You have to make it systemically racist in the other direction in order for there to be a chance of that happening because the rules are reasonably fair now and there's very little change to the status quo. Historical injustices are hard to rectify unless the playing field becomes heavily tipped in your favor and even then there's no guarantee.
HIstorical injustices are actually impossible to rectify, which is why people should be careful not to engage in them in the first place. Can't change the past, but you can try to fix the present/future. Many proposals only have instances of pulling people up without pulling anyone down. For example reparations for slavery...doesn't pull anyone down. Even the much maligned critical race theory...doesn't actually pull anyone down its just teaching a more accurate version of history. But when certian people oppose things, it can only mean its down out of malice. My neighbor wants to have chicken for dinner today...doesn't affect me at all but if I were to be opposed to it, it has to mean that I'm just being a dick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:18 pm
Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:25 am

I've always been behind a level playing field, whether it's issues of cricket or race. But in your world the way to make things equal is to pull others down in order to give others a leg up. You have to make it systemically racist in the other direction in order for there to be a chance of that happening because the rules are reasonably fair now and there's very little change to the status quo. Historical injustices are hard to rectify unless the playing field becomes heavily tipped in your favor and even then there's no guarantee.
HIstorical injustices are actually impossible to rectify, which is why people should be careful not to engage in them in the first place. Can't change the past, but you can try to fix the present/future. Many proposals only have instances of pulling people up without pulling anyone down. For example reparations for slavery...doesn't pull anyone down. Even the much maligned critical race theory...doesn't actually pull anyone down its just teaching a more accurate version of history. But when certian people oppose things, it can only mean its down out of malice. My neighbor wants to have chicken for dinner today...doesn't affect me at all but if I were to be opposed to it, it has to mean that I'm just being a dick.
Reparations?
https://youtu.be/vKddKLN8_Mg
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

BostonZimbo
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by BostonZimbo »

Sri Lanka have just bowled out the Afghanistan 040s for just 134

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Excellent news

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:01 pm
Excellent news
Spoke too soon haha. Afghans in pole position now

Googly

Post by Googly »

Watch this game!! Bloody fascinating. This Wellalage and Da Silva have a chance if rescuing this.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Would be the save of the century.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

SL team has looked very strong this year. They beat Australia. Still would be good for cricket if the Afghan U-17s make another semi-final appearance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)