2022 U19 World Cup Thread

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 2022 U19 World Cup Thread

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:51 pm

Americans have irreconcilable differences. If ever there was justification to split a country down the middle this is it.
They wont because that would be exactly what russia and chins want.

its been virtually proven the woke stuff was a cold war soviet initiative to destabilise america.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

Hopefully they round them up and send them to Canada.
Hope Kriterion escapes the net. :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

https://thecricketlounge.com/trending-c ... e-divided/
Here's a great pic of Curran and Rashid Khan as 12 year olds.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

its extremely obvious Rashid is lying about his age. If other players are playing BBL and first class at 12 or so, then that should be immediately obvious. Not even up for debate. The players have said so themselves how many times now?
has Rashid been asked in public about it?
There are more images of him on the internet at age 12, and he does look closer to 20 there.

I think the 5 year difference is probably accurate.

What is the bigger mystery is why it is being overlooked at an official level.
Very much a safety issue in grade cricket, also ruins honest players careers in development, and even in seniors it has an effect.

imagine if 36 year old craig ervine said he was 30. I reckon he could get away with it on looks and agility, but management would be budgeting for two world cups, maybe 3, from him and not 1.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:42 am
its extremely obvious Rashid is lying about his age. If other players are playing BBL and first class at 12 or so, then that should be immediately obvious. Not even up for debate. The players have said so themselves how many times now?
There are more images of him on the internet at age 12, and he does look closer to 20 there.

Very much a safety issue in grade cricket, also ruins honest players careers in development, and even in seniors it has an effect.

imagine if 36 year old craig ervine said he was 30. I reckon he could get away with it on looks and agility, but management would be budgeting for two world cups, maybe 3, from him and not 1.
Icc are a bunch of lazy pricks. Not much else to say about the age fudging discussion I reckon

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:42 am

ICC has to draw the line regarding this predominantly Asian scourge of age cheating. Sparing rich, powerbroker nations feelings doesn’t help anyone. The sport is perpetually engaged in a struggle for legitimacy with so much matchfixing, dubious results etc adding such blatant age cheating to the mix further ruins the game for everyone. What is strange is that it’s the nations with the least incentive to cheat that do so!! Afghanistan is a darling of the ICC and has been treated with kid gloves thus far. All through the past decade plus, Zimbabwe has been under threat to have its test/full membership status revoked whenever they suffered the misfortune of being bowled out for a score Uber 100. Now we are having our high school cricketers getting crushed by clearly 30 year old “progidies”, so-called “wonderkids” and the bloody ICC is turning a blind eye.

When there were rumours of possible political interference in ZC, the ICC banned Zim from the T20 WC within a week of the allegations being made public. Yet these Afghani geriatrics are allowed to cosplay as U19 cricketers in what is supposed to be a prestigious U19 World Cup?? Given these allegations, Rashid should be subjected to appropriate testing, this is the bloody 21st century, there is a lot of appropriate, non-invasive scans that can be done. If predictably, he is found to have lied about his age, Afghanistan must be handed a significant ban from youth tournaments. Is that unfair? Is that racist? Is attempting to salvage an ounce of credibility racist? Is justice racist? Is the pursuit of fairness racist?

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Googly

Post by Googly »

Nothing happens to these c#%ts. Should get a life ban and India forfeit the trophy and get banned 5 years from competing in u19.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

If he is 21 then I can tell you some of the guys we saw playing were at least 25. To be honest I'm not surprised at all. The ICC clearly doesn't care

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

cricfit is an unheard of site. I mean there's people out there that won't trust actual news media outlets with their rigorous standards but we are just supposed to believe some random cricket site on the net?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)