2022 U19 World Cup Thread

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: 2022 U19 World Cup Thread

Post by sam_ahm »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:38 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:53 pm

In the subcontinent, almost everyone has two DOBs 😂 one official and one real.
I know Bangladeshis and Pakistanis do this all the time...but is this still a thing in India???
Mostly yes mate, esp in smaller cities and Rural areas this is massively prevalent. In bigger cities we get checked for valid documents from hospital and all that but in smaller cities and villages it is easy to get this manipulated as they like.

Most cricketers come from small towns.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:00 am
slcricfan1 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:35 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:38 pm

I know Bangladeshis and Pakistanis do this all the time...but is this still a thing in India???
Really, Bangladeshis do it? I thought the BD u19 kids were all genuine and it was just the Pakistanis and Afghans with the odd Indian
Yeah Bangladesh used to do it, they made efforts to stop several years back. I'm sure the odd player might do still do it. But I think for ICC events there is a medical Test involved but not sure if you can legally force someone to undergo a test merely for record keeping sake.

For example Mushfiqur Rahim [originally] made his Test debut at age 16 in 2005, meaning he should be 33 now. However, his cricinfo profile corrected his age about 10 years ago. His age is now reported as 35, meaning he was 18 on Test debut and not 16, as was reported for many years.

Mushy probably still has 5 years left in the tank I would imagine. He will probably retire from T20s after this years WC and focus on Tests and ODIs until the 2027 WC. That would be my guess.
Wow I didnt realise Mushys age changing until now lol. Makes much more sense though.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Mohammad Nabi who is playing in the AFG ODI side is listed on cricinfo as 37 years old. Thats old as fuck...now if he's cheating as much as ZCF guesses the average Afghan player does...it would mean his real age would be somewhere around 40-42. IMO, that is way too old to be playing top flight cricket (really old players can play for the rank minnows in Division 3 or amateur cricket).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

Defending the indefensible to the bitter end :lol:

ilovearsenal04
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by ilovearsenal04 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:29 am
Mohammad Nabi who is playing in the AFG ODI side is listed on cricinfo as 37 years old. Thats old as fuck...now if he's cheating as much as ZCF guesses the average Afghan player does...it would mean his real age would be somewhere around 40-42. IMO, that is way too old to be playing top flight cricket (really old players can play for the rank minnows in Division 3 or amateur cricket).
Ok thats trying to hold on straws, i think Nabi started cricket way back and maybe back then there was no advantage in age cheating and he might have not cheated at all. Or you are right and he cheated but hell he is just a good cricketer even at old age! Look at the world Boss, he was until very recently, still playing even though he is well into his 40‘s so there are always exceptions to the norm and we have to accept those as well. But Rashid is no way 23 years old comon‘ Krit
The higher you go the cooler it becomes.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:39 am
Defending the indefensible to the bitter end :lol:
I'm still a pupil, Professor.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ilovearsenal04 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:49 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Ok thats trying to hold on straws, i think Nabi started cricket way back and maybe back then there was no advantage in age cheating and he might have not cheated at all. Or you are right and he cheated but hell he is just a good cricketer even at old age! Look at the world Boss, he was until very recently, still playing even though he is well into his 40‘s so there are always exceptions to the norm and we have to accept those as well. But Rashid is no way 23 years old comon‘ Krit
Gayle has barely represented Windies in the last 7-8 years...well before he turned 40.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

ilovearsenal04 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:49 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
My gut says Rashid isnt 23 but that picture of him at the same age as Sam Curran is eh. I`ve seen heaps of middle eastern blokes at the same age with heaps of facial hair. Sam Curran looks way younger than the normal 14 year old in that too.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

This is literally ridiculous. Who even ever mentioned Nabi?

So you are saying because Nabi isn't a cheat, nobody else from Asia is? :lol: Is that your point? That must be why you randomly mentioned him.

That's like saying Madhevere has never run over and killed someone before, so therefore Musakanda must be innocent

I really hope you don't work in the legal system. You could get a job in the Zim police or courts with that kind of thinking tbf :lol:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:33 am
This is literally ridiculous. Who even ever mentioned Nabi?

So you are saying because Nabi isn't a cheat, nobody else from Asia is? :lol: Is that your point? That must be why you randomly mentioned him.

That's like saying Madhevere has never run over and killed someone before, so therefore Musakanda must be innocent

I really hope you don't work in the legal system. You could get a job in the Zim police or courts with that kind of thinking tbf :lol:
I'm just saying it's not really that big an issue.