2022 U19 World Cup Thread

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Re: 2022 U19 World Cup Thread

Post by Donald »

Afghan game is winnable for Zimbabwe for sure. Will be tough but gotta believe

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Dewald Brevis played another splendid knock today.
I'm telling you now, if he doesn't play for at least a franchise side this year then we can kiss goodbye to ever seeing him play for the full national side. Absolute gun of a batter and so young, too.

Man. Van tonder, Breezke, Smith and now Brevis probably never going to represent the Proteas.
I'm just glad Malan has proven his quality and is getting the chances he's deserved for so long

Googly

Post by Googly »

So what other options does Brevis have?

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:25 pm
Dewald Brevis played another splendid knock today.
I'm telling you now, if he doesn't play for at least a franchise side this year then we can kiss goodbye to ever seeing him play for the full national side. Absolute gun of a batter and so young, too.

Man. Van tonder, Breezke, Smith and now Brevis probably never going to represent the Proteas.
I'm just glad Malan has proven his quality and is getting the chances he's deserved for so long
Why won’t they play for the Proteas?? Graeme Smith is a capable administrator, he will retain this talent. They will feature in a couple of T20I’s this year

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:26 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:14 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:59 pm

is he white?
yeah
It's time these tin pot Third World countries who perpetually whine about racism actually practice what they preach.
Why do you say that? I thought the Barbadian team wanted Bethell to continue in Barbados

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Is the SOuth African batting lineup essentially just Brevis?

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:15 pm
Bethell, 17, son of former outstanding domestic and Barbados Under-19 batsman Graham Bethell, and the grandson of Arthur Bethell who played 16 matches for the senior Barbados side between 1963 and 1970 went to England three years ago on a scholarship and is currently on the books at Warwickshire.

Jacob represented Barbados at the regional Under-15 level and was recognised by many – including batting great Brian Lara – as one of the top junior prospects in the Caribbean.

Today, Bethell was offered congratulations by the president of the Barbados Cricket Association (BCA) Conde Riley, who described the former Harrison College student’s preference to play for England as “nothing new” and said there was nothing the local cricket governing body could do about it.
A lot of people in the Caribbean have access to British passports somehow. I have noticed that. Must be a historical reason but I have met a few who have dual citizenship

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:44 am
slcricfan1 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:15 pm
Bethell, 17, son of former outstanding domestic and Barbados Under-19 batsman Graham Bethell, and the grandson of Arthur Bethell who played 16 matches for the senior Barbados side between 1963 and 1970 went to England three years ago on a scholarship and is currently on the books at Warwickshire.

Jacob represented Barbados at the regional Under-15 level and was recognised by many – including batting great Brian Lara – as one of the top junior prospects in the Caribbean.

Today, Bethell was offered congratulations by the president of the Barbados Cricket Association (BCA) Conde Riley, who described the former Harrison College student’s preference to play for England as “nothing new” and said there was nothing the local cricket governing body could do about it.
A lot of people in the Caribbean have access to British passports somehow. I have noticed that. Must be a historical reason but I have met a few who have dual citizenship
Maybe the windrush generation has something to do with it? I`m not particularly sure either

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Surprisingly decent performance by Scotland with the bat against Australia.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Apparently Victor Chirwa has been suspended from bowling for an illegal action?!?!?!

May be a typo - surely they are referring to Connor Mitchell? Either way, a Zimbo U19 has been banned.