Northerns Vs Southerns (Sri Lanka Pre-Camp)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Northerns Vs Southerns (Sri Lanka Pre-Camp)

Post by secretzimbo »

50-over matches.

Jan 3rd
Jan 5th
Jan 7th

All in Harare.

Northerns:
Ryan Burl, Regis Chakabva, Tendai Chatara, Kevin Kasuza, Timycen Maruma, Tadiwa Marumani, Ernest Masuku, Nyasha Mayavo, Tony Munyonga, Blessing Muzarabani, Ainsley Ndlovu, Milton Shumba, Donald Tiripano, Sean Williams, Victor Nyauchi, Tari Musakanda

Southerns:
Jonathan Campbell, Tanaka Chivanga, Craig Ervine, Luke Jongwe, Innocent Kaia, Takudzwa Kaitano, Clive Madande, Wesley Madhevere, Wellington Masakadza, Brandon Mavuta, Carl Mumba, Tino Mutombodzi, Richard Ngarava, Sikandar Raza, William Mashinge

secretzimbo

Re: Northerns Vs Southerns (Sri Lanka Pre-Camp)

Post by secretzimbo »

No Chibhabha and Mutumbami - I think this is official confirmation their international careers are definitely over. Great news.

Not happy to see Kaia and Maruma but the rest are fine. Delighted to see Campbell and Madande included.

Evans deemed not fit enough/sharp enough unfortunately. Bad blood remains between ZC and PJ, although he hasn't done much to deserve a call-up anyway.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Is this like ZCs version of state of origin ?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

It really could be if they put effort into it and did it each year.

But no haha, half of the players in each team aren't even from that region. They are just random teams really.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Would have liked to see Evans and Moor but that's the way it is. Hope the best squad is selected.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:45 pm
No Chibhabha and Mutumbami - I think this is official confirmation their international careers are definitely over. Great news.

Not happy to see Kaia and Maruma but the rest are fine. Delighted to see Campbell and Madande included.

Evans deemed not fit enough/sharp enough unfortunately. Bad blood remains between ZC and PJ, although he hasn't done much to deserve a call-up anyway.
Same with Brian Chari and Roy Kaia.

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Nothing bad blood between Moor & ZC. Moor is the victim of racial politics and has been dropped after scoring 141 runs in 6 matches in pro 50 whereas Maruma has been picked scoring just 78 runs in 5 matches.

Serious case of Racism in selection
Robo to rule :oops:

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Good one Raj.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I know I'm repeating this, but I have a feeling that Brad Evans will be a brilliant addition to this side and will make a massive difference which can prove to be significant in terms of 2023 WC qualification.

Understand he is not fully fit as of now, but is he in the selectors plan once fit? That is one thing. Other thing is that is he himself willing to commit to Zimbabwe cricket?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:01 am
I know I'm repeating this, but I have a feeling that Brad Evans will be a brilliant addition to this side and will make a massive difference which can prove to be significant in terms of 2023 WC qualification.

Understand he is not fully fit as of now, but is he in the selectors plan once fit? That is one thing. Other thing is that is he himself willing to commit to Zimbabwe cricket?
He's committed. And he's on the selectors radar. As long as he doesn't go and play club cricket in the UK summer, he will play for Zimbabwe this year. I'm certain of it.