The many silences of Heath Streak

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: The many silences of Heath Streak

Post by zimbos_05 »

Bulawayo Boy wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:30 pm

Ja but we all know this @Zimbo 05. It's hardly news. That's why "we" have to be totally above reproach - being unfit, lazy, having poor discipline, dealing with dodgy Indian businessmen, taking coke, pissing it up and dopping all the time, womanising, smoking bladdy boom, kicking ducks, all that kuk can't be done by "us". Because ZC/ZanuPF will weaponise it, and use it against us! And we all KNOW that. Most of us have had our skins held against us for years - sometimes since childhood. Behaving like a nut is just giving them ammo.

I was telling my much older brother about this story and he calmly said, "if in doubt - WWIDSD - What Would Ian Douglas Smith Do?" :lol:

But there's truth in that - act properly FFS.
Hammy was unfit, lazy, had poor discipline and used to piss it up, but never saw a single article against him.

I totally agree, but some people can be shining lights and ZC will still find a way to make an issue for them. They are hell bent on destruction and taking down everyone who is not the same skin colour as them.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:46 am
Bulawayo Boy wrote:

Ja but we all know this @Zimbo 05. It's hardly news. That's why "we" have to be totally above reproach - being unfit, lazy, having poor discipline, dealing with dodgy Indian businessmen, taking coke, pissing it up and dopping all the time, womanising, smoking bladdy boom, kicking ducks, all that kuk can't be done by "us". Because ZC/ZanuPF will weaponise it, and use it against us! And we all KNOW that. Most of us have had our skins held against us for years - sometimes since childhood. Behaving like a nut is just giving them ammo.

I was telling my much older brother about this story and he calmly said, "if in doubt - WWIDSD - What Would Ian Douglas Smith Do?" :lol:

Hammy was unfit, lazy, had poor discipline and used to piss it up, but never saw a single article against him. Even putting Hami in the same conversation as people banned for corruption does not sit well with me.

I totally agree, but some people can be shining lights and ZC will still find a way to make an issue for them. They are hell bent on destruction and taking down everyone who is not the same skin colour as them.
Don't put Hami in this conversation unless you have proof of him being corrupt. Also if you want to talk about fitness, poor discipline and pissing it up then please also include Brendan Taylor. No article was written about him too.

Imagine our chairman was caught taking cocaine and being given 15k in India. Of if he was caught giving bookies players' contact details and being paid in bitcoin? Then Mehluli writes an article sanitising everything. Would you have been saying "oh let's not kick a man when he is down"

Has it ever crossed your mind that Heath Streak sharing player contact details might be root cause of other problems. Do you know its possible that Shakib, Cremer and BT's contact details could have been obtained that way? This is a very serious issue. He exposed us badly and he tried to hide it by the way. Never turned himself in.

This is not a small issue and Firdose is a seasoned journalist. All she had to do was ask them some of those things. Their response is heavy handed as this is clearly personal but let's not sanitise anybody here. All sides have serious issues, cricket legend or not.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

An unnecessary original article by Firdose, and an unnecessary derogatory response by ZC. No gain, more pain.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:46 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Bulawayo Boy wrote:

Hammy was unfit, lazy, had poor discipline and used to piss it up, but never saw a single article against him. Even putting Hami in the same conversation as people banned for corruption does not sit well with me.

Don't put Hami in this conversation unless you have proof of him being corrupt. Also if you want to talk about fitness, poor discipline and pissing it up then please also include Brendan Taylor. No article was written about him too.

Imagine our chairman was caught taking cocaine and being given 15k in India. Of if he was caught giving bookies players' contact details and being paid in bitcoin? Then Mehluli writes an article sanitising everything. Would you have been saying "oh let's not kick a man when he is down"

Has it ever crossed your mind that Heath Streak sharing player contact details might be root cause of other problems. Do you know its possible that Shakib, Cremer and BT's contact details could have been obtained that way? This is a very serious issue. He exposed us badly and he tried to hide it by the way. Never turned himself in.

This is not a small issue and Firdose is a seasoned journalist. All she had to do was ask them some of those things. Their response is heavy handed as this is clearly personal but let's not sanitise anybody here. All sides have serious issues, cricket legend or not.
Even then a professional organization cannot write such a derogatory article mate. That too against someone who is a legend of Zimbabwe cricket.. comparing him to a rapist, come on. The world is watching, what impression is ZC creating here? I'm OK for them to oppose what Firdous has written, but in a dignified manner.

A classic case here is of Mohammed Azharuddin and the BCCI. The case was handled very well. Initially BCCI just distanced itself from Azhar but never spoke Ill about him, Azhar simply fought the case without much mud slinging. Eventually when the High Court made the ban untenable the BCCI decided to let by gones be bygones and did not challenge the verdict in supreme Court and went on the remove the ban.

Azhar was widely accepted within the BCCI and also I would say amongst fans, he was invited to all BCCI events and functions, was even honored as a former captain and player. Currently he is the president of Hyderabad Cricket Association.

If you see the entire Azhar episode. It is one that has ended well and there are no hard feelings at all.
Last edited by sam_ahm on Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Nobody is defending Streak, Taps. And I agree the Firdose article was strange and probably uncalled for. Certainly too soon.

But this response from ZC goes behind pathetic. It is embarrassment of the highest order, and it shows what a toxic organisation it really is at every juncture. To compare him to a rapist? Gross. Low.

This ‘response’ is the absolute pits. I wonder who wrote it - it sounds like a Darlington job, but then the language is reminiscent of the old articles and open letters Makoni used to write.

Either way, to publish it as an official statement on an official website of a professional multi million dollar organisation is absolutely rank. They should be ashamed.

They don’t own cricket in this country.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Obviously they would never write something like this if any of their boys club got done for corruption.

Wait until you see what they’ve got in store for BT.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:59 am
Nobody is defending Streak, Taps. And I agree the Firdose article was strange and probably uncalled for. Certainly too soon.

But this response from ZC goes behind pathetic. It is embarrassment of the highest order, and it shows what a toxic organisation it really is at every juncture. To compare him to a rapist? Gross. Low.

This ‘response’ is the absolute pits. I wonder who wrote it - it sounds like a Darlington job, but then the language is reminiscent of the old articles and open letters Makoni used to write.

Either way, to publish it as an official statement on an official website of a professional multi million dollar organisation is absolutely rank. They should be ashamed.

They don’t own cricket in this country.
It is definitely wrong and personal. But there is no need to start Hami is unfit etc. When BT was just that same. All sides are in the wrong as far as I'm concerned.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:56 am
TapsC2 wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

Even then a professional organization cannot write such a derogatory article mate. That too against someone who is a legend of Zimbabwe cricket.. comparing him to a rapist, come on. The world is watching, what impression is ZC creating here? I'm OK for them to oppose what Firdous has written, but in a dignified manner.

A classic case here is of Mohammed Azharuddin and the BCCI. The case was handled very well. Initially BCCI just distanced itself from Azhar but never spoke Ill about him, Azhar simply fought the case without much mud slinging. Eventually when the High Court made the ban untenable the BCCI decided to let by gones be bygones and did not challenge the verdict in supreme Court and went on the remove the ban.

Azhar was widely accepted within the BCCI and also I would say amongst fans, he was invited to all BCCI events and functions, was even honored as a former captain and player. Currently he is the president of Hyderabad Cricket Association.

If you see the entire Azhar episode. It is one that has ended well and there are no hard feelings at all.
Did he ever try take down the whole board? This is a very personal war which is unfortunately playing out in the public now. A lot happened behind the scenes. Nobody is clean

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC2 wrote:

Calm down chamo. I never said Hammy was corrupt, I just said he was unfit and lazy. There are big differences here. I also did not say that BT was not unfit. It was very clear that he was, especially towards the latter part of his career.

Our chairman has stolen funds, spoken ill of Zim cricket on many occasion, and engaged in active racial division, and Melhuli and co always sanitise everything he does. So don't pretend like one article is bigger than the years of sanitising that Melhuli has been doing.

We all agree that what Streak did was wrong and he should pay the punishment handed out to him. There is not one person disagreeing with this.

What ZC are making out of this article is a non issue. Firdose is an independent journalist who owes nothing to ZC. She can write whatever article she wants and it's up to her editors to decide to publish it or not, not ZC.

Every single cricketing country that has had some sort of saga has never acted in the way ZC has. Journalists will write article upon article expressing their view and opinion, but none of the cricketing boards have reacted in the way ZC has. What ZC effectively wants is a public hanging of Streak. They want to drag him through the streets and have people lined up throwing stones at him. That is not the way a national sporting body should act.

When the Aussies ball tampered, the media was all over those lads, but CA never once demanded they be publicly shamed and humiliated in the way ZC is of Streak.

Streak did wrong, but ZC are acting like petulant little children because someone wrote an article and they have a personal vendetta against the person the article was written about. It is not up to ZC to be a propaganda machine but to serve in the best interests of cricket. This is not doing that.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Whoever said ZC don't own the cricket here is emphatically wrong. That's the problem right there, they do! . They own every last aspect of it and run it like their own personal fiefdom, and the soul of everybody in any position and they have the players by the throat. Hence they can do and say as they please with no repercussions whatsoever other than attacks by inconsequential people such as ourselves on this forum.