The many silences of Heath Streak

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
slcricfan1

The many silences of Heath Streak

Post by slcricfan1 »

https://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story ... ath-streak

Created this because I didnt know where else to post

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: The many silences of Heath Streak

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

ZC can't carry and act on plans of best coaches, they loves to blame them. David Houghton will also face the same consequence

Streak if worked with BCB, by now they could have been a good test side with quality fast bowling talents. Streak had major role in shaping the Fizz, Taskin, Al Amin, Abu Haider and Bangladesh were looked to have some fire power with fast bowlers in that 2014-15 season

Googly

Post by Googly »

Good article by Firdose Moonda. Her bread and butter is usually polarising articles about SA cricket issues. Heath Streak must have sleepless nights over his bad decisions.
I wonder if he ever seriously considered trying to bring the house down when all of this came to light, there must have been a number of people holding their collective breaths.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:55 am
https://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story ... ath-streak

Created this because I didnt know where else to post
Had tears reading this article ..8 years is indeed a harsh punishment who has done so much for the country and clearly was the best coach ..the team that had assembled to play the qualifiers was the best in years (even though it was bad luck that they didn't qualify) ..his ban term should be reduced

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Still hurts. I'm still angry.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Yeah Firdoose is painting a sympathetic picture, but I still think this is moreso a privacy and security breach as opposed to match fixing.
If it were me I would reduce it to 4. That is harsh but more fair.

Why did they say Jonathan Connolly Is unsef 19 captain?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Heath always cared for Zimbabwe cricket. I hope his ban is reconsidered and reduced. Zimbabwe cricket itself needs more people who genuinely want to take ZC forward.

The first and foremost priority should be regular fixtures throughout the year even if it means playing some of the top associate nations. This itself will retain a lot of talent and ZC will produce better results overtime.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

'Frank' or whatever hiss real name is, didn't like the article :lol: He's kicking off on twitter along with some other usuals

I think it's perfectly acceptable to be both utterly disappointeed and angered by Streak's actions whilst also hating 'Frank', his cousin Tavengwa and the rest of the board btw. It's not either/or.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:18 am
'Frank' or whatever hiss real name is, didn't like the article :lol: He's kicking off on twitter along with some other usuals

I think it's perfectly acceptable to be both utterly disappointeed and angered by Streak's actions whilst also hating 'Frank', his cousin Tavengwa and the rest of the board btw. It's not either/or.
He's right, there are a few errors in the article. And he's right, it is weird that the article seems to be trying really hard to paint Streak in a good light. Perhaps it's just a bit too soon? I mean, I agree, a big cricket publication publishing a positive article on a guy currently serving an 8-year ban is a bit weird. If it was some cricketer from another country - and not my childhood hero - I would be thinking 'oooh, that's not cool, at all'.

But as usual the response from these cretins is that he was a big racist, he fixed the UAE match (absolutely no evidence.....although yes it was suspicious), the board have never done anything wrong, and that its Whites Vs Blacks again. Sigh.

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

The Frank guy really has an axe to grind with any and all white people associated with Zim cricket. His name and surname are familiar, I just can’t remember where I heard about him years ago. His twitter account is a war zone. In a twitter thread, he accuses Any Flower of racism and part of his “evidence “ is that Andy is using Muzarabani!!. If being racially abused is being afforded a lucrative Pakistan T20 and most likely an IPL contract (hopefully later this year), then please give me some of that racism, pump it directly into my veins