1ST ODI SRI LANKA VS ZIMBABWE

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
lobsang

1ST ODI SRI LANKA VS ZIMBABWE

Post by lobsang »

My ideal line-up for the first ODI against the Lankans tomorrow would be;
1) T Kaitano
2) R Chakabva
3) C Ervine
4) S Williams
5) W Madhevere
6) S Raza
7) R Burl
8) W Masakadza
9) T Chatara
10) B Muzarabani
11) R Ngarava

sam_ahm

Re: 1ST ODI SRI LANKA VS ZIMBABWE

Post by sam_ahm »

Shumba has to be there.

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

I do really fancy a very great opportunity for the boys to win the series, this Sri Lanka team on paper looks way more than a beatable team. Massive lack in experience plus majority of their seasoned campaigners like Kusal Perera, Hasaranga, DJ Silva and Kumara all are missing either due to fitness issue or Covid sickness. Let me take you guys back to that 2017 tour, during that series, Asela Gunaratne was in form of his life, scoring heavy runs in the shorter formats and finishing games, what a shame that he lost his way after a couple injuries, Mathews was fit and performing, and Malinga was slinging as viciously as he had ever been and the offie Akila Danajaya was in top form. A series win here against Sri Lanka, and at home, Zimbabwe have every chance to beat Afghanistan if they could curate a pitch that will not become Rashid Khan and co's den. And then the Netherlands series, again more than possible to pull off another series win. Then a win here or there against other teams that Zimbabwe are going to play as part of ODI WSL.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Jongwe or burl is gonna be the number 8 i think.

Good opportunity for a series win i think. positive thinking

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Can't really believe we have a match on

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Hope guys like Jaybro and Eugene come back!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:52 am
I’m here 😅

Anyone how to watch in Aus?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

lobsang wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:10 pm
I do really fancy a very great opportunity for the boys to win the series, this Sri Lanka team on paper looks way more than a beatable team. Massive lack in experience plus majority of their seasoned campaigners like Kusal Perera, Hasaranga, DJ Silva and Kumara all are missing either due to fitness issue or Covid sickness. Let me take you guys back to that 2017 tour, during that series, Asela Gunaratne was in form of his life, scoring heavy runs in the shorter formats and finishing games, what a shame that he lost his way after a couple injuries, Mathews was fit and performing, and Malinga was slinging as viciously as he had ever been and the offie Akila Danajaya was in top form. A series win here against Sri Lanka, and at home, Zimbabwe have every chance to beat Afghanistan if they could curate a pitch that will not become Rashid Khan and co's den. And then the Netherlands series, again more than possible to pull off another series win. Then a win here or there against other teams that Zimbabwe are going to play as part of ODI WSL.
In 2017 series Streak had a plan, Mire used to bat aggressively at the top as a result run rate after powerplay used to be 5 or 6@ over that made the middle order to play freely without taking any risk. Williams & Raza was in top form followed by experience of Malcolm Waller. In bowling, Cremer was unplayble for Sri Lankan batters in some of the game. Pressure given by him kept Raza & Williams among wickets throughout the series

Fate of the series will be decided on how Zim batters handle mystery of Maheesh Theekshana, Ranesh Mendis & Praveen Jayawickrama. All these three are among wickets and have done well recently. Jeffrey Vandersay the leggie, has also been given another to go revive his career

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:34 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:52 am
I’m here 😅

Anyone how to watch in Aus?
Ill find it somewhere and send

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I wonder whether they will give Kaitano a debut or stick Wes up there to make space for Shumba. Interesting to see what they decide