1ST ODI SRI LANKA VS ZIMBABWE

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: 1ST ODI SRI LANKA VS ZIMBABWE

Post by Googly »

Surely the point is the 120 bouncer and not the caliber of batsman?

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:05 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:03 pm
Ngarava with the right bowling coach can actually become our best bowler. He just needs to work on a few things and get that in swinging delivery to the right handers correct.
I agree, and I think he has a higher ceiling than Blessing potentially.

But unfortunately he’s gonna be stuck with Hondo and whatever failed local cricketer coaches him at his franchise and therefore almost certainly won’t get anywhere near his potential.
Hes got to figure some shit out all by himself or he's not going anywhere. If he couldn't figure out he was bowling too short he's got problems. Agree that his good deliveries are really good.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

lobsang wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:33 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:21 pm
Asalanka is next big thing in Sri Lankan cricket. In recent T20 World Cup, he showed his talent as finisher.
Shut up
Can't you admire a good talent ?

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

So, in summary; disappointing.

But I don't think we were too far away really. I think we can be competitive in the remaining two games.

Chatara was a dreadful selection in the first place. Do our selectors and coaches not watch the domestic streams?!?! He's now well and truly in the same category as Tiripano sadly. It's aa shame, because Larry has been great over the years. But he looks finished unfortunately.
Even more of a crime was Ervine deciding to allow him to bowl out his full allocation of overs.

Burl was a passenger. Silly shot to get out, and then bowled one over of spin - the kind that fat hungover blokes bowl on Saturday afternoons at the local park. I'm not sure what he is offering to the team at the moment, especially with Raza also there. We definitely don't need both.

Jongwe and Shumba have to come in for Larry and Ponso then.

Captaincy left a lot to be desired, some decisions were less than smart. It was the same thing in the Ireland series.

I'm hopeful we can get a result in the remaining games. Both openers looked really good (A rarity for us), Williams was supreme, and would back Ervine and Raza to have a good knock at some point. Madhevere probably deserves another game.

Also, it can't be forgotten that we HAVE NO COACH. I mean we literally do not have one. The guy that is supposed to be, STILL hasn't seen the players since September in Scotland. Thought he'd rock up and meet them in Colombo, but of course conveniently he's got the 'rona and isn't around.

It's amazing we were as competitive as that today considering we have had no head coach since September.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Next time open with your best bowlers. Do not drop Jongwe on a batter friendly pitch. Drop Burl, leg spin is difficult craft, you have to be solely about it and not as an all rounder. Burl Should focus on competing for a slot to replace the senior citizens when they retire and quit this leg spin BS. Larry on a pitch without assistance should be carrying drinks. Shumba could actually be better than Wes as he appears to be more mature and responsible. We are in trouble if our main bowler is not striking. Raza should go back to his traditional action.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya that hiding the ball when he runs is is weird. It shouldn't affect his delivery coz it's such a small thing, but it actually seems to.
Those batters of Sri Lanka don't forget just paced that innings, they could have pulled the trigger at any stage, the bowling was that shit.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If we bowl like that on a batting deck if they're setting the total we'll chase 350 plus.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And if they've got any sense they'll now prepare batting decks.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Is Mutombodzi an option over Burl? and Shumba still comes in for Wesley.

I would say Zimbabwe need to expand the player base, absolutely no harm in trying Mutombodzi if he also is a Leg spinning all rounder.

I need fixtures for Zimbabwe guys, doesn't matter against whom, get Namibia, Nepal, USA (along with other top sides but ensure the are playing all year round) , it may not be profitable in short term but in long term it will make the team better, and players won't be starved of international games.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:45 pm
Is Mutombodzi an option over Burl? and Shumba still comes in for Wesley.

I would say Zimbabwe need to expand the player base, absolutely no harm in trying Mutombodzi if he also is a Leg spinning all rounder.
I really don’t rate Mutombodzi. It’s pretty bad that he’s even in the squad. And he doesn’t bowl at all anymore - he’s given it up.
I need fixtures for Zimbabwe guys, doesn't matter against whom, get Namibia, Nepal, USA (along with other top sides but ensure the are playing all year round) , it may not be profitable in short term but in long term it will make the team better, and players won't be starved of international games.
Who’s paying for it?