1ST ODI SRI LANKA VS ZIMBABWE

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 1ST ODI SRI LANKA VS ZIMBABWE

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:34 pm
And who is Patrick Gada? Isn't he a UK based ex cricketer? Older guy?
Whats the issue between them?
Yeah, UK based - doubt it's safe for him to even come back. He made a lot of very nasty enemies after the WCQ debacle and the ensuing board fallout, suspension, elections etc. He had a giant whatsapp group on the go and was the anti-Makoni/Mukuhlani campaign ringleader. Tried really hard to change things and bring the board down. He's also been really vocal on anti-Zanu politics stuff generally over many years online. Think he's been silenced now, or just given up.

Tried hard to wipe that whole 2018-2019 period from my memory lol. The board and management right now are a shower of incompetent, thieving racists of course......But at least things aren't as toxic as that period and everything is kinda calm.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Think we should cut the team some slack given its the first SL tour for several key players. Take out Chatara and Im pretty confident Zim can chase some big scores against us

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:39 pm
I reckon nick welch will give it a crack at some stage. He was at HSC recently watching his little brother score some runs and he's clearly very patriotic.
If we can get Bawa, Welch, Evans maybe Ben Curran and Byrom (long shot) in the next 3 years, we have a chance of sustainability.
If I was ZC this is how I would play it.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Googly wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:49 pm
Ngarava is over rated. Doesn't think. Why the fuck does he keep bowling short????

I agree on dropping Madhevere as well. Shumba is hungry like a lion. Madhevere has put on weight, has a million dollar hair do and thinks he's an incumbent.
jeez, it was his first game here in Sl and batted and fielded pretty decently. Didnt bowl too well but still

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Well, that was pretty mediocre captaincy by the looks of it. Not opening with Ngarava and not finishing Wellington's quota. Basics not done right.

Also, Shumba must play the next two.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

lobsang wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:49 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:13 pm
lobsang wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:33 pm

Shut up
Can't you admire a good talent ?
Honestly you are getting on my nerves and many others' for sure, just too annoying.
Asalanka, got shades of Jayasuriya :lol:

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:20 am
lobsang wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:49 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:13 pm

Can't you admire a good talent ?
Honestly you are getting on my nerves and many others' for sure, just too annoying.
Asalanka, got shades of Jayasuriya :lol:
:lol:

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I'm not a sadist 😁 but I admit I'm a bit upset over Ireland getting 20 points against WI and sitting 3rd in WSL.

I don't want Zimbabwe to finish last even if there are no consequences. Just doesn't look good. I won't mind Afghans sweeping the Dutch, which looks likely anyways, so that Netherlands are at risk of finishing 13th. 😒

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

A team which produced the likes of Viv Richards, Lara, Marshall, Holding, Lloyd are now losing to Ireland. Can you believe how the WI have fallen guys. This is just hard to watch as a cricket fan.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:05 am
A team which produced the likes of Viv Richards, Lara, Marshall, Holding, Lloyd are now losing to Ireland. Can you believe how the WI have fallen guys. This is just hard to watch as a cricket fan.
Players you mentioned were the ambassadors of longer format cricket, all these legends had huge demands and have played lots of league cricket in English County & Australia,but had never given leagues a priority over international cricket throughout their career. But their modern stars like Gayle, Pollard, Russell, Bravo, Narine has'nt taken international cricket seriously as a result youths idolising them following their paths thats hurting West Indies Cricket

West Indies mentality is very much simple. Who will field 50 overs ? Who will field for 5 days ? if you get what you deserve by playing only four overs