U19CWC: Zimbabwe U19s Vs Pakistan | 17th Jan 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: U19CWC: Zimbabwe U19s Vs Pakistan | 17th Jan 2022

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:02 am
Googly wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:58 am
We had a thread in 2013 called Busted!!!
Our over age guys were Burl, Lake, Bell, Kunje and Musoko.
In this instance we were probably talking months and not years. Its happened since then but thats opening yet another can of worms . On this occasion the ICC itself actually helped ZC find a loophole and it was branded a misunderstanding. :lol: Zimbabweans have been fully guilty of this throughout all age groups and in quite a few sports, particularly rugby, cricket and soccer. One of my all time favorites was when some franchise players pitched up to play for Churchill in the St George's T20 and got well beaten. Under shameless in the dictionary should be a description of this event, and under Karma should be the outcome. :lol:
This age controversy rears its head every WC.
It will never end until the corrupt ICC implement real repercussions for the guilty players and their respective Boards.
You could almost excuse Zim because we are trying to send a team that does not embarrass us from a pool of 50-100 players, but these Asian teams are choosing from millions.
It also seems to matter less when you cheat and get smashed, thats human nature for you. :lol:
That’s my point though. It’s so obvious here it’s almost impossible, get found out straight away. Churchill have always been bad for it. They often send 18 year olds to the U16’s.

I’m pretty sure our new national thing Clive Madande was one who was put into younger teams at one stage.

I don’t think our last 3-4 batches have seen any cheating though at the WC? I’d be pretty confident of most of their ages since the 2016 batch.
Mmmm.... I'd have to disagree about this as well.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

I'd be very intrigued about that.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

As for the 2014 group, Didn't we claim we thought we were an associate member suddenly or something? :lol: I think associates used to be able to send U21's, and ZC claimed an 'error' thinking we weren't full members wtf. That was your man, Mr Singo if I recall :lol: :lol:

But anyway, it was called out on here and in the press almost instantly so that's my point to Raj or whoever - like it's often obvious when it happens here because ultimately you always know someone who knows someone who knows the player in question. But with such a gigantic player pool in Asia nobody really knows for sure, until they pitch up for the first game with a wedding ring, five wives, and a beard down to their knees.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya indeed, here there's always people that know- usually the headmaster, coaching staff, and the entire school body.
It makes it a lot worse when people with assumed integrity turn out to be cheating c#$ts.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

If one of these 25 year old 140 pacers hurt or even phil Hughes a poor 17 yr old kid from Nepal or somewhere, this is going to be one hell of a legal controversy.

The problem is now that it is rife, so actual 19 yr olds feel pressure to cheat.

Imagine being the only female 100m swimmer when the other 7 have 6 packs, a beard, are 6 ft tall and have blonde wigs.

Or imagine being the only actual 19 year old trying to fight against 25 yr olds for a 19 spot and 20 yr olds for a 17s spot. Youd feel you have to do. it too just to get a chance.

ICC needs to step in but whos pressuring them to do so.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:07 am
Were I able to implement the punishment it would be the death penalty for the player, parents, staff and sporting body in the know, but thats probably a bit excessive :lol:
You'd only have to do it once :lol:
But in all seriousness they need to find a way to stop this, and if ICC gave the players a 3 year ban and fined their boards a million bucks it would stop instantly. It should be administered retrospectively as well. Guys like Rashid Khan should face consequences, even years later, there should be no statute of limitations. It should be considered a crime and not a misdemeanour.
Are you able to use your connections in the school system to try and get the message out to ZC/Prosper to pick it up wit the ICC?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

I don't think you can do that without actual proof, it's just an assumption, albeit a concrete one. I'm sure the other big boards may have something to say when they come up against these guys. The problem is it happens all the time and ICC will roll out their stock answers.

Plus all ICC have ro say to us is - we let you off once, get back in your box.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:37 am

Are you able to use your connections in the school system to try and get the message out to ZC/Prosper to pick it up wit the ICC?
The ICC don't care. It happens at every single WC every single time.

The ICC are a rotten organisation in general, not just this issue, and the sooner people realise, the better.

Googly

Post by Googly »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:36 am
If one of these 25 year old 140 pacers hurt or even phil Hughes a poor 17 yr old kid from Nepal or somewhere, this is going to be one hell of a legal controversy.

The problem is now that it is rife, so actual 19 yr olds feel pressure to cheat.

Imagine being the only female 100m swimmer when the other 7 have 6 packs, a beard, are 6 ft tall and have blonde wigs.

Or imagine being the only actual 19 year old trying to fight against 25 yr olds for a 19 spot and 20 yr olds for a 17s spot. Youd feel you have to do. it too just to get a chance.

ICC needs to step in but whos pressuring them to do so.
Yeah that would be a game changer if someone got badly hurt or worse. It can happen as well. You've got guys bowling as fast as anyone in world cricket up against batsmen that are sometimes only 15 years old.