U19CWC: Zimbabwe U19s Vs Pakistan | 17th Jan 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
slcricfan1

Re: U19CWC: Zimbabwe U19s Vs Pakistan | 17th Jan 2022

Post by slcricfan1 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:54 am
slcricfan1 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:40 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:55 am

Naseem and Shaheen genuinely look like youngsters. Maybe not their stated age, but they were teens on debut, I can believe that. Same with Mujeeb of Afghanistan.

Rashid Khan's listed age is 23. If he starts to suck in another 7 years and retires or is dropped due to extended poor form, we can say he really was 5+ years older than his listed age. He might be...I'm just saying I don't know one way or the other. I'm agnostic.

Do Asian teams cheat with their ages? Yes, but its not every player. At least not anymore.
Has SL cheated?
What about Milton Shumba, Wes Madhevere, ? 3 world cups without crossing 19 :lol:
That can make sense though. Their school progression has been tracked. They definetely look extremely young too

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
slcricfan1 wrote:
Kriterion_BD wrote:

Naseem and Shaheen genuinely look like youngsters. Maybe not their stated age, but they were teens on debut, I can believe that. Same with Mujeeb of Afghanistan.

Rashid Khan's listed age is 23. If he starts to suck in another 7 years and retires or is dropped due to extended poor form, we can say he really was 5+ years older than his listed age. He might be...I'm just saying I don't know one way or the other. I'm agnostic.

Do Asian teams cheat with their ages? Yes, but its not every player. At least not anymore.
Has SL cheated?
What about Milton Shumba, Wes Madhevere, ? 3 world cups without crossing 19 :lol:
For some crazy reason we can seem to trace the entire career trajectories of our kids, whereas we have Dravid, the great Dravid saying age cheating is a pandemic in Indian cricket
Attachments
B1F5AF77-6FF1-4DC7-A26F-EC17EFD909E6-min 2.png
B1F5AF77-6FF1-4DC7-A26F-EC17EFD909E6-min 2.png (277.27 KiB) Viewed 917 times

Googly

Post by Googly »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:23 am
https://cricketaddictor.com/cricket-new ... an-pacers/

Mohammad Asif. As controversial as he was accusing Pakistan bowlers of being 28 instead of 17 or 18. Their own guy.

Then there is Naseem Shah who was seen as a bright 16 year old prospect in 2016 by Andy Roberts. Then you have Saj Sadiq saying he is a highly rated 17 year old at the beginning of 2018. His "official" age as it stands right now in 2022 is 18 somehow. He qualifies for this world cup :lol:

Shahid Afridi has confirmed he was born in 1975. He had an extra 5 years on him his whole career. Had him claiming to be 16 when he scored a 37 ball hundred against Kenya when he was actually 21. You literally have a 46 year old playing in the PSL.

Indian fast bowler Mohammad Shami's own wife says he has 4 documents with different ages. The oldest being from 1982. He is "officially" 32 this year but just look at him.

The one that takes the cup for me is the picture of Sam Curran at 14 and then Rashid Khan at "14" .

Look these are all great cricketing nations. We are not saying Zimbabwe is better, we are saying there is no need to cheat at that age. Yes I'm sure the competition for places is so stiff in these countries that people will do anything for a chance but the respective boards and the ICC need to do something about it. If not then Afghanistan will become the Nigerian version of cricket where they will win the u19 world cup regularly but never turn into a world class senior team.

Imagine we cut 5 years off Blessing and Ngarava's ages and had them playing at this world cup. What kind of damage do you think they would be doing? It's ridiculous.

I thought this conversation bored you, and yet here you are?

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
slcricfan1 wrote:
Kriterion_BD wrote:

Has SL cheated?
Morning, dickhead. The problem you knobs never understand is that we have less than 100 school children playing cricket in the entire country at any one time. Less than half of those have any potential. Half of those again will be on the world cup radar.

It's not difficult to follow them through their school years. Our cricketing community is tiny as well. Everybody knows everybody. I've literally physically watched most of that 2016/2018 batch grow up and play cricket a lot. Cheating here is very difficult. One of our top schools tried it one year, and everyone knew instantly. It's kind of impossible to do it. So no, Wes and Shumba were not cheats. We all knew what year of school they were in throughout and therefore their genuine ages. Whenever you come up with some spurious claim about the seniors its the same. Someone tells you some factual on-the-ground info, but then you reject it because you think you know better looking at a scorecard from 5,000 miles away. People inside the zim community know way more about players on a personal level than you ever would in India.

Unlike you lot who have several million school cricketers and nobody can keep up or have any idea about them. These cheating wankers deserve punishment.

And yeah, I agree India are pretty decent btw - I don't think they cheat much. It's the Muslim countries that seem to struggle with ages. Pakistan and Afghanistan are a disgrace. Anyone who thought those Pakistanis yesterday were bad, wait until you see the pensioners wheeled out by Afghanistan in our next game.

We put in a good effort and a bit of fight against a load of professional senior cricketers yesterday. I thought it was a great performance when you consider that. Maybe we would have beat the actual Pakistan U19's?

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:43 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
slcricfan1 wrote:

Has SL cheated?
Morning, dickhead. The problem you knobs never understand is that we have less than 100 school children playing cricket in the entire country at any one time. Less than half of those have any potential. Half of those again will be on the world cup radar.

It's not difficult to follow them through their school years. Our cricketing community is tiny as well. Everybody knows everybody. I've literally physically watched most of that 2016/2018 batch grow up and play cricket a lot. Cheating here is very difficult. One of our top schools tried it one year, and everyone knew instantly. It's kind of impossible to do it. So no, Wes and Shumba were not cheats. We all knew what year of school they were in throughout and therefore their genuine ages. Whenever you come up with some spurious claim about the seniors its the same. Someone tells you some factual on-the-ground info, but then you reject it because you think you know better looking at a scorecard from 5,000 miles away. People inside the zim community know way more about players on a personal level than you ever would in India.

Unlike you lot who have several million school cricketers and nobody can keep up or have any idea about them. These cheating wankers deserve punishment.

And yeah, I agree India are pretty decent btw - I don't think they cheat much. It's the Muslim countries that seem to struggle with ages. Pakistan and Afghanistan are a disgrace. Anyone who thought those Pakistanis yesterday were bad, wait until you see the pensioners wheeled out by Afghanistan in our next game.

We put in a good effort and a bit of fight against a load of professional senior cricketers yesterday. I thought it was a great performance when you consider that. Maybe we would have beat the actual Pakistan U19's?
Bastard.... if you have so many issues why you point other ? Only excuses. Shut your mouth and get lost instead of raising finger on others

Googly

Post by Googly »

We had a thread in 2013 called Busted!!!
Our over age guys were Burl, Lake, Bell, Kunje and Musoko.
In this instance we were probably talking months and not years. Its happened since then but thats opening yet another can of worms . On this occasion the ICC itself actually helped ZC find a loophole and it was branded a misunderstanding. :lol: Zimbabweans have been fully guilty of this throughout all age groups and in quite a few sports, particularly rugby, cricket and soccer. One of my all time favorites was when some franchise players pitched up to play for Churchill in the St George's T20 and got well beaten. Under shameless in the dictionary should be a description of this event, and under Karma should be the outcome. :lol:
This age controversy rears its head every WC.
It will never end until the corrupt ICC implement real repercussions for the guilty players and their respective Boards.
You could almost excuse Zim because we are trying to send a team that does not embarrass us from a pool of 50-100 players, but these Asian teams are choosing from millions.
It also seems to matter less when you cheat and get smashed, thats human nature for you. :lol:

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:58 am
We had a thread in 2013 called Busted!!!
Our over age guys were Burl, Lake, Bell, Kunje and Musoko.
In this instance we were probably talking months and not years. Its happened since then but thats opening yet another can of worms . On this occasion the ICC itself actually helped ZC find a loophole and it was branded a misunderstanding. :lol: Zimbabweans have been fully guilty of this throughout all age groups and in quite a few sports, particularly rugby, cricket and soccer. One of my all time favorites was when some franchise players pitched up to play for Churchill in the St George's T20 and got well beaten. Under shameless in the dictionary should be a description of this event, and under Karma should be the outcome. :lol:
This age controversy rears its head every WC.
It will never end until the corrupt ICC implement real repercussions for the guilty players and their respective Boards.
You could almost excuse Zim because we are trying to send a team that does not embarrass us from a pool of 50-100 players, but these Asian teams are choosing from millions.
It also seems to matter less when you cheat and get smashed, thats human nature for you. :lol:
That’s my point though. It’s so obvious here it’s almost impossible, get found out straight away. Churchill have always been bad for it. They often send 18 year olds to the U16’s.

I’m pretty sure our new national thing Clive Madande was one who was put into younger teams at one stage.

I don’t think our last 3-4 batches have seen any cheating though at the WC? I’d be pretty confident of most of their ages since the 2016 batch.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

We may send some guys 19y 2m sometimes but that’s not in the same league as sending 30 year olds haha

Googly

Post by Googly »

Were I able to implement the punishment it would be the death penalty for the player, parents, staff and sporting body in the know, but thats probably a bit excessive :lol:
You'd only have to do it once :lol:
But in all seriousness they need to find a way to stop this, and if ICC gave the players a 3 year ban and fined their boards a million bucks it would stop instantly. It should be administered retrospectively as well. Guys like Rashid Khan should face consequences, even years later, there should be no statute of limitations. It should be considered a crime and not a misdemeanour.

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:03 am
We may send some guys 19y 2m sometimes but that’s not in the same league as sending 30 year olds haha
There I have to disagree. There should be no degrees to this. Cheating is cheating.