Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka 3rd ODI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka 3rd ODI

Post by Donald »

Cmon Zimbabwe series and ranking points on the line

Do we stick or twist though?

Do we field an unchanged line up or bring in shumba for madhevere.

I am very impressed with Kaitano but I worry if they have figured him out a bit now and bring a spinner on very early. Might curtail any momentum in our innings

Tinah09

Re: Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka 3rd ODI

Post by Tinah09 »

Okay!!!! Let’s go!! It’s all or nothing!!! Go big or go home!!!. I reckon our conservative selectors will stick to the “winning team”. It’s a shame Shumba might not get an opportunity to test his ruthless aggression in the subcontinent. Larry came back well last match, bowled like an experienced leader, will he replicate it today???

It’s time Wessly came to the party, he’s the only batsman that’s done jack swat this tour, but I doubt he will be benched. I hope we chase this time, just for the novelty of it. It’ll be good to see how our opening pair fair in a run chase

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Have to stick and I'm pretty sure they will. Rarely are Zim in a decent position where they are coming off a win going into a decider. Gives a chance for Madhavere and Burl to prove themselves. Shumba is hardly knocking the door down for selection so it would almost be an injustice to drop Madhavere or Burl for him.

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

Mr Twig wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:13 am
Have to stick and I'm pretty sure they will. Rarely are Zim in a decent position where they are coming off a win going into a decider. Gives a chance for Madhavere and Burl to prove themselves. Shumba is hardly knocking the door down for selection so it would almost be an injustice to drop Madhavere or Burl for him.
To be fair, Shumba’s last performance was probably the first match-winning performance with the bat (chasing) we’ve seen in a long time. He carried the team to victory. As usual when we beat low tier teams, people will say “well, it’s only a Scotland”..but if we had lost!!!. I too would stick with Wessly for now, but the clock is ticking…

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Goodmorning guys ..really excited for a series decider after a long time ..this two days break felt like two years ..i think zimbabwe would probably go with the same team ..but my only concern as someone suggested is by now they would have known we are struggling against the leg spinner . So he might come as early as 11th over or maybe in the powerplay as well..I hope it's not a rank Turner cause our spinners anyway bowl flat..batting first a score of 300 plus is must ..and if bowling we need to restrict them to around 260 ..maximum of 275

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Dare I say it’s unchanged.
Burl will be a match winner if he hits north of 30 and doesn’t come in before the 40th.

Is it a good idea to bring in Shumba in this situation? Probably not.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Forum favorite player (Biased towards) :lol:

Doggy - Burl
SZ - Reggy
Donald - Donald Tiripano
Me - Wellington

Anyway, back to the game. Don't want to jinx it but we might lose the toss today and have to bowl first. Could be difficult to contain these wounded lions batting first but we have come of age and should back ourselves now. I would still have gone with Shumba in for Burl/Wes.

Crazy how the result today can make or break your weekend. All the best lads!

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:15 am

Doggy - Burl
SZ - Reggy
Donald - Donald Tiripano
Me - Wellington

Anyway, back to the game. Don't want to jinx it but we might lose the toss today and have to bowl first. Could be difficult to contain these wounded lions batting first but we have come of age and should back ourselves now. I would still have gone with Shumba in for Burl/Wes.

mmmm I dont think im the biggest burl champion. I think Sloan is. Hes largely an associate bully. I just recognise his X factor potential. The only leggie we have and with the bat he can pull off a very quick 30 odd.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:15 am

Doggy - Burl
SZ - Reggy
Donald - Donald Tiripano
Me - Wellington

Im not saying forum-ite Donald is Donald Tiripano, just, like Bruce Wayne and Batman, no-one has ever seen forum-ite Donald and Donald Triripano in the same room at the same time!!

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

If Donald is the Don he could talk himself up a bit more. Also why hasn't he taken my advice to open years ago?