Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka 3rd ODI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
slcricfan1

Re: Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka 3rd ODI

Post by slcricfan1 »

A lot of positives from the series all round for me for both sides lol. Only thing I`m disappointed with is Madhevere, Burl and Shumba not hitting runs. The bowling attack looks very potent. All the bowlers barring Chatara will almost definitely improve. Happy he reached 100 though. Now I can support him being dropped without a bit of guilt

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Now I've calmed down from that debacle yesterday, yeah on reflection it was still a good series. We competed all the way until the last innings of the last game. We were in a really strong position though and had a great chance to get a series win. No excuses: that batting display was embarrassing, utterly embarrassing. We can't expect only Ervine and Williams to deliver EVERY game. Others need to step up, big time.

We've shown in this series that we have a group of good cricketers. Everyone contributed at some point. We can compete. But then how do we eliminate that occasional disastrous collapse? That wilting under pressure? That completely wrong game plan?

With good coaches.

I know I bang on about this relentlessly, but that's how we get to the next level.

Is it any coincidence that the only game in the series that we embarrassed ourselves was the only game in the series that our esteemed Head Coach contributed to?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:12 pm
Top football teams win some of their away games and then wipe the floor at home.

Zimbabwe need to do this against Netherlands and Afghanistan

No fkin dustbowl for mujeeb and rashid. A green mamba will be nice and even throw in chivanga if conditions are ripe instead of Wellington.

Go hard or go home
I don't think the Afghanistan series is happening anytime soon. But I agree, a million percent. Whenever they do turn up, I hope we give them the greenest pitch they've ever seen, and we pick Blessing, Ngarava, Chivanga and Jongwe, and give them instructions to try and knock their fucking heads off.

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:31 am
Now I've calmed down from that debacle yesterday, yeah on reflection it was still a good series. We competed all the way until the last innings of the last game. We were in a really strong position though and had a great chance to get a series win. No excuses: that batting display was embarrassing, utterly embarrassing. We can't expect only Ervine and Williams to deliver EVERY game. Others need to step up, big time.

We've shown in this series that we have a group of good cricketers. Everyone contributed at some point. We can compete. But then how do we eliminate that occasional disastrous collapse? That wilting under pressure? That completely wrong game plan?

With good coaches.

I know I bang on about this relentlessly, but that's how we get to the next level.

Is it any coincidence that the only game in the series that we embarrassed ourselves was the only game in the series that our esteemed Head Coach contributed to?
So our absentee coach flies back to India to his comfortable home, sipping mai-tais whilst continuing to receive a cheque from the dead broke ZC, for continuing to do nothing??

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

With all these match fixing syndicates ALL coming out of India, is it really wise for us to continue with a coach from there?? I mean, the dude is in India more than 11 months a year yet he’s supposed to be the Zim coach. Not to cast aspersions, but how does someone who spends all his time in the hornets nest come out unscathed??

Poverty makes for strange bedfellows but as most have asked on this forum,” What’s the deal with this supposed coach and the suits at ZimCricket HQ”. Is it outside the realm of reality to suggest a sinister dynamic between these parties?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Tinah09 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:07 am
With all these match fixing syndicates ALL coming out of India, is it really wise for us to continue with a coach from there?? I mean, the dude is in India more than 11 months a year yet he’s supposed to be the Zim coach. Not to cast aspersions, but how does someone who spends all his time in the hornets nest come out unscathed??
We are a country of 1.3+ billion people, and that doesn't mean that everyone here get up every day and start wondering which match to fix next and which international cricketer to snap up for such activities. Surely, there are better ways of expressing this?

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:00 pm
Tinah09 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:07 am
We are a country of 1.3+ billion people, and that doesn't mean that everyone here get up every day and start wondering which match to fix next and which international cricketer to snap up for such activities. Surely, there are better ways of expressing this?
I didn’t imply that all Indians are crooks. If it took the matchfixing cartel having to FLY Brendan to INDIA to complete the transaction, it’s not outside the realm of possibility that an India-based coach of the very same highly corrupt able team, who is in close proximity (same region, same sport) to these cartels will not be approached. The truth is, the Indian cricket sphere is toxic, rife with dark money and matchfixing. Because they bring billions of $$ to the ICC, thier indiscretions are swept under the table. Azharuddin, Handie Cronje, Nicky Bohr, Heschelle Gibbs, Heath Streak and now Brendan Taylor all lured and corrupted by Indian bookies.

I think in honesty, associating with India beyond playing matches with them is I’ll-advised at this point. Zim supporters have always been suspicious about the MANNER in which the team loses, the way some wickets fall, it’s comical verging on the deliberate. We convinced ourselves that our players can’t possibly be corruptible, now we have learnt the truth the hard way, our best bowler and arguably our best batsman have been exposed as cheats. So yeah, Rajput must be relieved of his services, we just cannot trust him at this point

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:00 pm
The ZCF forum has become increasingly radicalized from an ideological standpoint in recent years. Anything foreign will be attacked in an off-hand casual way and if called out will either be brushed off as light-hearted jokes or a simply doubling down. 1.3 billion people is just a level of nuance for such folks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Idk, I reckon saying it's okay for 30 year old men to masquerade as children is pretty ideologically radical too. I guess it's all relative.

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

Yeah, don’t call out matchfixing and the mere coincidence that it’s rich Indian cartels at the centre of it. Don’t complain about blatant age cheating. Don’t criticise a well-paid absentee India-based Zimbabwe coach because it casts aspersion on 1.3 billion Indians Let’s all pretend everything is okay. Let’s bury our heads in the sand and get along to get along. There’s time for nuance and time for blunt honesty. Y’all are failing to point where are the lies? If these opinions are based on lies, tell us