Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka 3rd ODI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka 3rd ODI

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:20 pm
Personally, I have much larger body of posting history (mostly on cricket topics) than the bigotry brigade combined. These topics only surfaced once ya'll started posting, and the proof is in the fact that I've got 5K posts dating back to 2009. I was here back when HHM was spouting his delusional theories (and he sounds perfectly decent by the forums current standards).
You also have ideological radical views in one direction. Reading the last few messages I’m not as sure you know this as I had assumed.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:57 pm
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:08 pm

A couple of days back, I did try salvaging the match thread which we won from a doom and gloom marathon to no avail. So, there's no point. 3. There has always been elements of it.
There is a difference between a small subset of people going off topic and a majority of the forum activity becoming what Kriterion and foreignfield have mentioned. There is a fundamental difference in scale.

Anyway, there is no point in arguing this. Please carry on and enjoy your banter. Probably some of us just don't have the ability to appreciate this.
Yeah when you can't tell if you've stumbled onto a cricket website or Parler, there are issues that go well beyond moderation. Its sad to see so many of the OG posters here leaving in droves.
Come on!! You know this isn’t true…Parler??? You don’t have to take the nuclear option to make your point. Parler=ZCF?? That’s goes beyond false equivalency, that’s just plain false. “Doom and gloom” and Zimbabwe go hand in hand.. that was before covid showed up. Are you expecting 24/7 lollipops and rainbows on a forum about Zimbabwe cricket?? Do you know anything about Zim?? Isn’t it inevitable that people will go on tangents? Discussions will always go off-topic and to be honest, sometimes y’all lack the context and insight that someone like sectretzimbo has, hence what you may think is off-topic is actually someone more informed than you providing context you’re not privy to

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:20 pm
Personally, I have much larger body of posting history (mostly on cricket topics) than the bigotry brigade combined. These topics only surfaced once ya'll started posting, and the proof is in the fact that I've got 5K posts dating back to 2009. I was here back when HHM was spouting his delusional theories (and he sounds perfectly decent by the forums current standards).
From this snide response I can only assume you aren't interested in my suggestion for us all to draw a line under things, try to all get on better with each other, and try to improve the place together. Oh well.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Anyway chums, there is a big game for the baby chevrons tomorrow. Hope to see everyone tuning in to support, and posting their thoughts. The more the merrier.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:36 pm
It’s funny how a couple of the people who complain about certain posts or posters, can usually only ever be found contributing to those ‘off topic’ discussions or arguments, and are very rarely seen contributing to anything actually relating to cricket.

To say the ‘majority’ of stuff on here is racist/off topic/terrible, or that you think this is ‘basically Parler’, is a gross over exaggeration. The overwhelming majority of discussion on here is cricket related, and it remains a place with more information around on Zim cricket than pretty much anywhere else. Unfortunately Kriterion or whoever else only seems to contribute to the discussions he proclaims to hate.

We have had lengthy debates and insights around the u19’s, going back 3-4 months across several threads. We have had lengthy discussions around selections. Long discussions around governance and administration and coaching.

We have Logan Cup threads every single round - only about three people ever post in them. Stats are regularly posted. News and insight is regularly posted. People chat about favourite players.

Yet a couple of posters only actually turn up to wade into the minority of debates about race or politics. I see you wanting ‘serious discussion’ but I struggle to see your recent contributions to them. So complaining seems a little strange.

Foreignfield, you would be a great poster to have back. Ultimately the vibe is always going to be a shit if there’s only 5 active members and a troll with 8 accounts.
We need more people posting and contributing and ultimately that’s what improves things. The more the merrier imo. If you want things to be different then try.

We need to stick more to cricket but ultimately many other issues relate and impact the game here. People should be more sensitive with their language on both sides.

I agree a line should be drawn and we should try to get along and talk only about cricket.

If anyone reading this still cares about Zim cricket, thinks this is a valuable place to discuss it, and wants to ‘improve the vibe’ , then be a part of that change.
Every Zim cricket topic that could be posted is posted here. Rather than moaning about old posters who do not post anymore, we should be getting new people, new generations who probably have links to the new generation of cricketers for fresher insight. This forum will continue! and I feel everything that has to be discussed here on Zim cricket is discussed, whether one chooses to participate or not that is on them not on some assumed decay of the forum. Lack of game time yes, that makes the place dull, but definitely far from this place losing its mojo. 11/12 years reading on here now and we have not deviated from the norm by much, except the robot pandemic.

We actually do not need everyone posting a topic. People with relevant information should do most of the posting, some can comment, others can just read. We cannot have people moaning about say Dr Situ not posting a topic that SZ has posted because he is a forum legend from 2007. We move. We invite more Zim cricket mad okes and keep it going. I have invited a few guys but they are apparently stuck in the hallway no one admitting them on.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:33 am
secretzimbo wrote:
It’s funny how a couple of the people who complain about certain posts or posters, can usually only ever be found contributing to those ‘off topic’ discussions or arguments, and are very rarely seen contributing to anything actually relating to cricket.

To say the ‘majority’ of stuff on here is racist/off topic/terrible, or that you think this is ‘basically Parler’, is a gross over exaggeration. The overwhelming majority of discussion on here is cricket related, and it remains a place with more information around on Zim cricket than pretty much anywhere else. Unfortunately Kriterion or whoever else only seems to contribute to the discussions he proclaims to hate.

We have had lengthy debates and insights around the u19’s, going back 3-4 months across several threads. We have had lengthy discussions around selections. Long discussions around governance and administration and coaching.

We have Logan Cup threads every single round - only about three people ever post in them. Stats are regularly posted. News and insight is regularly posted. People chat about favourite players.

Yet a couple of posters only actually turn up to wade into the minority of debates about race or politics. I see you wanting ‘serious discussion’ but I struggle to see your recent contributions to them. So complaining seems a little strange.

Foreignfield, you would be a great poster to have back. Ultimately the vibe is always going to be a shit if there’s only 5 active members and a troll with 8 accounts.
We need more people posting and contributing and ultimately that’s what improves things. The more the merrier imo. If you want things to be different then try.

We need to stick more to cricket but ultimately many other issues relate and impact the game here. People should be more sensitive with their language on both sides.

I agree a line should be drawn and we should try to get along and talk only about cricket.

If anyone reading this still cares about Zim cricket, thinks this is a valuable place to discuss it, and wants to ‘improve the vibe’ , then be a part of that change.
Every Zim cricket topic that could be posted is posted here. Rather than moaning about old posters who do not post anymore, we should be getting new people, new generations who probably have links to the new generation of cricketers for fresher insight. This forum will continue! and I feel everything that has to be discussed here on Zim cricket is discussed, whether one chooses to participate or not that is on them not on some assumed decay of the forum. Lack of game time yes, that makes the place dull, but definitely far from this place losing its mojo. 11/12 years reading on here now and we have not deviated from the norm by much, except the robot pandemic.

We actually do not need everyone posting a topic. People with relevant information should do most of the posting, some can comment, others can just read. We cannot have people moaning about say Dr Situ not posting a topic that SZ has posted because he is a forum legend from 2007. We move. We invite more Zim cricket mad okes and keep it going. I have invited a few guys but they are apparently stuck in the hallway no one admitting them on.
We cant get any more posters because no admin has logged in for 6 months, new members are screened and approved. Im pretty shocked by it all.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Agree. Everyone can set the pace here as they choose. If you do not want to talk about tranny rights, gay rights, shifty jews, black and white, then dont. Create something else to talk about. The last one is tough to avoid. If someone wants to highlight it its a problem, but then if you call for unity and seeing people beyond race youll get rhetoric like 'We MUST acknowledge that black lives matter! kneel cunt now' and then you cant avoid it. Damned if you do. Damned if you dont.
I personally dont care. I dont get offended easily. Is what it is.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:33 am

I can’t disagree with any of that Chole!

I don’t mean to moan about people not posting though! I just mean if they are moaning about the content on here then they are very welcome to make other content or contribute in a more meaningful way too. Many posters are sorely missed and would be welcomed back by all, I’m sure!

We definitely need new members but unfortunately none have been approved for over six months :( no wonder people say the forum isn’t the same as it used to be :/

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:09 am
Anyway chums, there is a big game for the baby chevrons tomorrow. Hope to see everyone tuning in to support, and posting their thoughts. The more the merrier.
I think the on has already started a page for that game, I will def be tuning in for most of the match. Hopefully the Bennet brothers and co will rise to the occasion