U19CWC: Zimbabwe U19s Vs Afghanistan | 22nd Jan 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: U19CWC: Zimbabwe U19s Vs Afghanistan | 22nd Jan 2022

Post by Googly »

I wonder if they took a good look at Chirwa's action here in Zim? Super slo mo on a phone tells you all you need to know. You send some clips off to an expert and listen to what they've got to say. Mitchell is the one that fascinates me. He's got a huge elbow bend, but obviously there's virtually no straightening on release. That's a skill all on its own because straightening your arm is how your body actually works on release.

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

Like their own failed careers, Chigumbura and Utseya are also failing in their coaching roles. Should have promoted Wolhuter at the fall of first wicket, four left spinners in the Afghan side and Wolhuter would have been a better option to tackle those lefties in the middle overs.

Googly

Post by Googly »

So the batting order should surely be Welch, Saul, Bawa, BB, DB, Wolhuter. Spreading the line up a bit thinner by inserting lesser batsmen inbetween I'm not sure is a good strategy.
I don't know what you guys think?
I just heard that Welch was eligible to play that first game after his covid isolation but wasn't picked :lol:
We're into the Plate and only just sorted our batting line up.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If we had a pinch hitter I'd understand, but we don't. The guys that hit a real long ball are Bawa and Welch and you can't give either of them that role.

Googly

Post by Googly »

lobsang wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:50 pm
Like their own failed careers, Chigumbura and Utseya are also failing in their coaching roles. Should have promoted Wolhuter at the fall of first wicket, four left spinners in the Afghan side and Wolhuter would have been a better option to tackle those lefties in the middle overs.
That's harsh, those guys were decent players. Utseya was one helluva containing bowler.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:53 pm
So the batting order should surely be Welch, Saul, Bawa, BB, DB, Wolhuter. Spreading the line up a bit thinner by inserting lesser batsmen inbetween I'm not sure is a good strategy.
I don't know what you guys think?
I just heard that Welch was eligible to play that first game after his covid isolation but wasn't picked :lol:
We're into the Plate and only just sorted our batting line up.
He was definitely available. Was photographed with the rest of the team two days before! All the Covid lads were out of isolation 2 or 3 days before the PNG game. I think Saul had Covid and he even played against Canada in the warm-up.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:57 pm
lobsang wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:50 pm
That's harsh, those guys were decent players. Utseya was one helluva containing bowler.
Proper did achieve it by cheating though, at least late in his career when he started turning it and getting wickets.

I still remember in the post rebel years Prosper had almost a God like status here and in the media for his ability to churn out 1/40 type spells from his ten when everyone else would get hammered. Sometimes a lot less, perhaps even in the 20’s after ten overs!
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

With Muralitheran around and legal I don't think anyone should have been judged too harshly.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:35 pm
With Muralitheran around and legal I don't think anyone should have been judged too harshly.
Last edited by ZIMDOGGY on Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:35 pm
I might have a drink with the cunt soon he’s coming around my area for a few days. He would have a hell of a story.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.