Taylor Retirement Story

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Tinah09

Re: Taylor Retirement Story

Post by Tinah09 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:59 pm
This is a good point and should have been the card BT played. Even if these were friends of his.
Something is still weird though.
Why aren’t these businessmen the centre of scandal in the media?
Why aren’t they arrested?
Why aren’t they named?
Why did they casually have a confidential interview with that journo who said ‘it was actually 40k’.
Seems like peopel are treating those guys with the ‘lol these Indian bookies, always up to crazy tricks’ vibe.
I reckon the matchfixing kingpins are deeply entrenched within Indian politics, powerbrokers and elite. They are probably untouchable. With the widening gulf in cricketing wealth between the haves (England, Aussie, England) and the have nots (damn near everyone else), the scourge of matchfixing is only going to get worse. I’m getting to the stage where I don’t blame poor folks for considering to throw matches

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Tinah09 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:47 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
This is a good point and should have been the card BT played. Even if these were friends of his.
Why aren’t they named?
Why did they casually have a confidential interview with that journo who said ‘it was actually 40k’.
Seems like peopel are treating those guys with the ‘lol these Indian bookies, always up to crazy tricks’ vibe.
I reckon the matchfixing kingpins are deeply entrenched within Indian politics, powerbrokers and elite. They are probably untouchable. With the widening gulf in cricketing wealth between the haves (England, Aussie, England) and the have nots (damn near everyone else), the scourge of matchfixing is only going to get worse. I’m getting to the stage where I don’t blame poor folks for considering to throw matches
I dont think its the hardest crime to get away with and we have only seen the tip of the iceberg.
Most of what we know have come from whistleblowers.

Pakistan especially i reckon fixing is everyday life. Extremely inconsistent performances for years.

I almost think its at the point where kids dream of one day playing for Pakistan 'to play tests, play a world cup and get myself in position for bookie paydays'.

Their team huddles are like:
'mohammed you are going to be wicketless today, Shahzir you get out in the 40th over, Naseem you are free to kick on to a century, Saqlain 2 no balls your first over'.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya I agree about tip of the iceberg.
I just googled Chris Cairns on a whim because he was involved in match fixing. I had the misfortune of running in with him here once where his totally unsavoury behaviour towards the wife of a friend of mine warranted a reaction.
I don't think I've ever met a more arrogant cock-sure (pardon the pun) guy in my life.

That guy has not had it easy. He ended up on life support and then in a wheel chair.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:21 pm
Ya I agree about tip of the iceberg.
I just googled Chris Cairns on a whim because he was involved in match fixing. I had the misfortune of running in with him here once where his totally unsavoury behaviour towards the wife of a friend of mine warranted a reaction.
I don't think I've ever met a more arrogant cock-sure (pardon the pun) guy in my life.

That guy has not had it easy. He ended up on life support and then in a wheel chair.
I remember you told a story a few years ago of casually driving past him in a warm up game. Stuck in my brain.
Cairns actually played it well.
Lou Vincent was hell bent on rafting him out and he just played it cool and ‘died with the lie’.
I doubt Lou would have lied himself. Why would he? Ponting seems to think he did it too. But the difference between BT and him is he didn’t buckle and so got away with it, with just a slightly tarnish ? On his rep and not anything else. Been forgotten.
You can’t be half pregnant with this shit.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:08 pm
Tinah09 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:47 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Why aren’t they named?
I dont think its the hardest crime to get away with and we have only seen the tip of the iceberg.
Most of what we know have come from whistleblowers.

Pakistan especially i reckon fixing is everyday life. Extremely inconsistent performances for years.

I almost think its at the point where kids dream of one day playing for Pakistan 'to play tests, play a world cup and get myself in position for bookie paydays'.

Their team huddles are like:
'mohammed you are going to be wicketless today, Shahzir you get out in the 40th over, Naseem you are free to kick on to a century, Saqlain 2 no balls your first over'.
😂 No way mate. Ya agreed some pakistani players have been stupid enough to get into fixing but this team has a great legacy, historically they've been one of the most successful cricketing nations. I don't think they are fixing everyday, and this is coming from an Indian.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

If guys like Younis, Mohammed Yousuf etc were averaging 50+ while fixing, how ridiciously high would they be averaging if they didnt fix

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:31 am
If guys like Younis, Mohammed Yousuf etc were averaging 50+ while fixing, how ridiciously high would they be averaging if they didnt fix
That’s what they are telling their friends at the Shisha cafe at 1am ‘you know I could have averaged 60 but I made the cheese, baby’

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

kudet

Post by kudet »

Googly

Post by Googly »

I saw him the other day from a distance, looks slim and trim.