Taylor Retirement Story

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Taylor Retirement Story

Post by sam_ahm »

lobsang wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:51 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:15 am
lobsang wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:05 am

Lol I was born well before he died I reckon. As regards my off drive, I was not that bad at the game. Used to bat at number 7 during my schooling days and bowl medium pace, in fact in early 20s I was considered quite quick at my university. Who here on the forum played club cricket?
There are some forum members here who play the game very competitively and are publically known and their identities are secret so ill respect that.
Of the ones who arent undercover, Sloan plays at a highish level. i played till last year. I also believe Zimco does too.

I guess you can count Burl, nicolson and Sean Ervine who have made cameo appearances here and Joseph Madyemba and aliseni used to post here who are former or current players.

Then of course this one mysterious poster who showed up months after for two posts and was never seen again after current test player liam dawson reneged on a Logan cup deal.
Ok at what level you played cricket? Played in Zimbabwe for any of the club?, Sean Ervine was one of my favorite Zim player. Still remember vividly him hitting like 4 or 5 consecutive boundaries off Nehra at VB tri-series involving India and Australia. And that century he hit against India almost took them home, Carlisle and Ervine put on a great partnership in that match.
I remember those days when Zimbabwe regularly played cricket and often played in countries like Australia, India, South Africa... Really good days those when cricket was a sport and not a business and so many competitive countries the gulf between teams was very small. Now it is purely driven on commercial purposes and the difference in quality of cricket between top 4 or 5 and the rest and the lower ones is huge.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:55 pm
Flakeman wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:19 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:48 am

Ah, so because he does things differently makes him beta male?

From all sounds, it's not good for BT. Can we stop emboldening Mukhulani and his crew. Their egos are big enough.
Unsure as to what “things he does differently” you are referring to, but I know him reasonably well and he’s just a weak, arrogant, little liberal-type soy boy. Sorry if thats offended you.

https://twitter.com/AdamTheofilatos/sta ... 90/photo/1

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lol, I find it charming how he constantly seeks approval in his echo chamber. Might need a new alias, Zimbo5.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

So after Kwirirayi made a relatively fair and reasonable podcast response to the BT news yesterday,

He’s obviously been told to ramp it up by his masters at HQ. His tweets today are way harsher. He’s gone from yesterday ‘I wish him the best and hope he gets peace’ to, today: ‘Nah, fuck BT man’.

The ZC media operation in full swing today.

Bulawayo Boy
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:19 pm
ilovearsenal04 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:12 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:27 am
Bulawayo check out this thread from 11 years ago and we were talking about it then. He was kicking it to death apparently. not belting it with a bat.

viewtopic.php?p=21407#p21407

Im also curious what else I was referring too. I didnt speak very highly about his personality then and something would have prompted me to be that strongly worded, something about of Zim. Not just duck.
So now after 12 years of thinking, Mr Doggy does killing a duck equate to killing a bug/ant? 😂
Got more ridiculous with time.
Thought he was trolling at the time but in hindsight he was thinking he was mr philosophy.
IMO - Kicking anything to death is worse thank killing a bug. As I said before - that oke wasn't beaten enough as a laatie. Spare the rod....

BTW - I never burned ants with a magnifying glass - maybe I'm a statistical outlier? Seems an odd thing to do.

I heard our very own "BRMTaylorAdmin" founder / administrator is changing his on-screen name to "Duck-kicking Cokehead" but..... that is yet to be fully confirmed. I believe that Adam Theo chap is looking into it as a possible story...... :lol:

Bulawayo Boy

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

Who's the other cokehead? Is it Williams? It seems bizarre to me that it hasn't been clamped down upon. How do you compete internationally on drugs?

I hope to God Hami hasn't been involved in this kuk as well. Why do we think that's the case?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Bulawayo Boy wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:27 pm
Who's the other cokehead? Is it Williams? It seems bizarre to me that it hasn't been clamped down upon. How do you compete internationally on drugs?
No I don’t think I’ve heard anything like that about Williams. He’s mad enough without mind-altering substances!

The dozen or so national team contract players are rather handsomely paid these days and they are living lives of excess as a result. Look how fat some of them have gotten recently and unfit.

Not having a full time national coaching setup is surely a problem. Most of these players spend most of their time with the amateur franchises. The national setup has been reduced to an overseas based coach, two assistant coaches who are best pals with the players, and a fitness coach who’s hours were recently reduced to part time.

There’s no discipline and no standards and no professionalism.

The boys are being paid well and are having a great time on the booze and gear.

It’s something we really need to get a grip of and try and drive up standards again.

Banning obviously isn’t the way forward because we’d lose 6 or 7 of our best players. But we just need high fitness standards, proper nutritionists, sports science etc. all the stuff every other full member has but we don’t :(

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Flakeman wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:19 pm

Lol, I find it charming how he constantly seeks approval in his echo chamber. Might need a new alias, Zimbo5.
You're the one who has the issue. Don't bring me into your pettiness. Live in petty yourself.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Just read a story from im tatenda taibu that ahead of their crunch game with west indies in the world cup qualifiers in 2018 half the team did not turn up for practice as they had not been paid their daily allowances.

Kinda goes against ZC latest statememt on simply a 20-30% wage cut in the streak era.

Think there is a lot that is still unsaid

Bulawayo Boy

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:46 pm
Bulawayo Boy wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:27 pm
No I don’t think I’ve heard anything like that about Williams. He’s mad enough without mind-altering substances!

The dozen or so national team contract players are rather handsomely paid these days and they are living lives of excess as a result. Look how fat some of them have gotten recently and unfit.

Not having a full time national coaching setup is surely a problem. Most of these players spend most of their time with the amateur franchises. The national setup has been reduced to an overseas based coach, two assistant coaches who are best pals with the players, and a fitness coach who’s hours were recently reduced to part time.

There’s no discipline and no standards and no professionalism.

The boys are being paid well and are having a great time on the booze and gear.

It’s something we really need to get a grip of and try and drive up standards again.

Banning obviously isn’t the way forward because we’d lose 6 or 7 of our best players. But we just need high fitness standards, proper nutritionists, sports science etc. all the stuff every other full member has but we don’t :(
Ah Christ. It seems an absolute shambles. What a pity.

Zimbabwe Ruins!

not many are old enough, or Rhodesian enough, to get that comment. :lol:

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Bulawayo Boy wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:12 pm

Ah Christ. It seems an absolute shambles. What a pity.

Zimbabwe Ruins!

not many are old enough, or Rhodesian enough, to get that comment. :lol:
I like it when people make me feel young! 8-)

Seeing as some were complaining recently about all the negativity, I'll offer this to lighten the mood;

This team of drinkers, stoners and KFC-eaters just performed pretty well for 5 of the 6 innings in Sri Lanka with no preparation or anything. And Our U19's are playing tomorrow and have a good chance of winning the world cup 'Plate' despite the worst preparation of any team we've ever sent.

The positive is that it wouldn't take much to improve stuff and be better!

Wouldn't be hard to find a coach who' can be around permanently and makes the boys do fitness tests once in a while.
Wouldn't be hard to check up on players and help identify and deal with any problems around drugs/drink/health anything else.
Wouldn't cost much for the board to bury the hatchet, stop being racist and divisive, and welcome everyone to the game.