Taylor Retirement Story

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Bulawayo Boy
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Taylor Retirement Story

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:27 pm
Bulawayo Boy wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:12 pm

Ah Christ. It seems an absolute shambles. What a pity.

Zimbabwe Ruins!

not many are old enough, or Rhodesian enough, to get that comment. :lol:
I like it when people make me feel young! 8-)

Seeing as some were complaining recently about all the negativity, I'll offer this to lighten the mood;

This team of drinkers, stoners and KFC-eaters just performed pretty well for 5 of the 6 innings in Sri Lanka with no preparation or anything. And Our U19's are playing tomorrow and have a good chance of winning the world cup 'Plate' despite the worst preparation of any team we've ever sent.

The positive is that it wouldn't take much to improve stuff and be better!

Wouldn't be hard to find a coach who' can be around permanently and makes the boys do fitness tests once in a while.
Wouldn't be hard to check up on players and help identify and deal with any problems around drugs/drink/health anything else.
Wouldn't cost much for the board to bury the hatchet, stop being racist and divisive, and welcome everyone to the game.
To sleep – perchance to dream: ay, there’s the rub…

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Bulawayo Boy wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:23 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:19 pm
ilovearsenal04 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:12 am

So now after 12 years of thinking, Mr Doggy does killing a duck equate to killing a bug/ant? 😂
Got more ridiculous with time.
Thought he was trolling at the time but in hindsight he was thinking he was mr philosophy.
IMO - Kicking anything to death is worse thank killing a bug. As I said before - that oke wasn't beaten enough as a laatie. Spare the rod....

BTW - I never burned ants with a magnifying glass - maybe I'm a statistical outlier? Seems an odd thing to do.

I heard our very own "BRMTaylorAdmin" founder / administrator is changing his on-screen name to "Duck-kicking Cokehead" but..... that is yet to be fully confirmed. I believe that Adam Theo chap is looking into it as a possible story...... :lol:
Well that’s the other issue.
It’s been 48 hours since the story broke, on top of a competitive Sri Lanka series and Under 19 campaign, and we are yet to be visited by BRMTAdmin.
This just shows how much he cares nowadays about Zim cricket. He used to have a Brendan Taylor dedicated webpage FFS.
Both admins don’t give a shit anymore and it’s time we had someone appointed here who actually visits.
We haven’t had a new member approved in 6 months and we have the other idiot who’s name I won’t mention trying to destroy this forum with his 4 alt accounts whos still running amok.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

https://www.newsday.co.zw/2022/01/count ... st-taylor/

This is going to get messy. Really messy. Now the businessman is saying BT took 40k not 15

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I got a feeling the ICC report is going to have some serious findings. Let's wait and see what it says before we condemn or clear anybody

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:09 am

This is going to get messy. Really messy. Now the businessman is saying BT took 40k not 15
Oh shit now!!! The plot thickens!!! The cabal strikes back. 40k is a huge chunk of change.if true, Im starting to fear for Brendans life, this who transaction has organised crime written all over it, hope he doesn't end up involved in an "accident" like Hansie

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:09 am

The ICC report in due course will reveal all the accurate details.

However I see absolutely no reason why BT would release an untrue statement. He has nothing to gain from it. 15k or 40k, he's fucked, he's ruined. I can't see why he would hide anything in his statement.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Why are we hiding the name of this businessman? Why is he protected, he should be charged.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Flurzt
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Flurzt »

I hope brendan does not stress about this. Considering his career is over now anyways, he shouldnt take the ban to heart imo

MGN

Post by MGN »

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/bren ... atform=amp

Brendon Taylor says he failed drug test after his final international game in September 2021

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

A lack of legal consequences and the complexities detailed out here makes for a good read in the context of why there are many "suspicious bookies" involved with the game: https://indianexpress.com/article/sport ... t-7741679/

This is true of all the subcontinental countries and not only India, where the authorities try to interpret the archaic British laws they have inherited almost as-is to apply to the present day context. The Sri Lankan law passed in 2019 could be a way forward for other governments to look at.