Logan Cup: Rocks v Tuskers & Rhinos v Mountaineers (12th-15th Feb)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Tinah09

Re: Logan Cup: Rocks v Tuskers & Rhinos v Mountaineers (12th-15th Feb)

Post by Tinah09 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:43 pm
After seeing Regis rise from the ashes I think we can try Chari again. Very similar players actually. Regis just gained a lot of confidence. There is a reason why every single coach over the last 7 years has tried Chari.
Ummm No!! Please No! Come on guys, No!! Chari? Y’all think he will come good at the international level?? He had more than enough chances, his only route back to the chevrons must be performances at Zim A level. Some of our senior players have mastered the art of playing Logan cup & other domestic comps such that guys like Maruma put up Kholi numbers…get call up…are exposed by 3rd tier bowling attacks…dropped…dominate domestic cricket…get recalled…wash, rinse repeat. Nah, enough of those folks. Let’s get Madande integrated first, middle-order and groom him as Regis successor..then move on to the next prospect. Let’s move forward

Googly

Post by Googly »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:01 am
Googly, the point is not looking for someone who's never said racist stuff (everyone has said bigotted shit at some point in their life)...its about making the proper amends for it. There's no way to 100% tell who's genuinely remorseful, but you can usually tell.
There's no way to tell, but you csn usually tell? :lol:
I'm assuming by amends you mean people want money because that's the ultimate act of contrition.
You can't just throw in 10 Hail Mary's and work in a soup kitchen for a week?
Lest we forget the Pakistani was also caught making anti semitic remarks and yet the money and support continues to pour in for him. In your new world order you need to explain who can be subjected to racism and who can't :lol:

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:01 pm
Chakabva's first class career average is 36, Chari averages 24. I don't think they are that similar.
Chari mainly for 50 over cricket. He actually has a better list A average than Regis. We will need to try every option we have soon. We might only have Ervine, Williams and Raza for another year if we get knocked out at the world cup qualifiers. Regis will have to be the main man and he is old himself. Who know what he decides.

I can't see Wes and Shumba being ready for that kind of responsibility any time soon. We will have try some other guys too. Experience and maturity can do a lot of good. Maybe thats why Mutombodzi is also in the picture. It took Williams and BT 5 or 6 years to get consistent and they had a lot more talent.

People don't realize it yet but we will need these older guys for a couple of years. Importing is not that easy. Chances of bringing all the guys we need at the same time are low.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Would love to see senior welch and the bennets in the world cup qualifiers especially brian. Could be electric... Dreaming but hey ho

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Fair point about Chari, Taps.

Unfortunately though it brings me back to Googly's point that we may literally never win a game ever again after the big three retire, especially if Chari is the best we can offer as a replacement!!

Currently we have Ervine, Williams, Raza, Burl, Shumba and Madhevere in the middle order, with perhaps Evans and Madande next in the queue. There's 2, maybe 3, batsmen from the u19's that hopefully will be absorbed into the system and given some chances in a similar way the last batch were. I think Chari is behind all of them in the pecking order.

Don't get me wrong, Charis is a solid enough player and far better than I could ever dream of being, but ultimately he's in the same group as Maruma, Mutombodzi, both Kaia's, Mutumbami etc. He'll never quit cut it at the highest level.

I'd rather give extended chances to Shumba/Wes/Madande - at least they have 10 years on him and may be able to improve somewhat.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:56 am

There's no way to tell, but you csn usually tell? :lol:
I'm assuming by amends you mean people want money because that's the ultimate act of contrition.
You can't just throw in 10 Hail Mary's and work in a soup kitchen for a week?
Lest we forget the Pakistani was also caught making anti semitic remarks and yet the money and support continues to pour in for him. In your new world order you need to explain who can be subjected to racism and who can't :lol:
Yeah you can tell if you want to. Unless you actively try not to of course. You and I have never met, but it wouldn't be too hard to figure out which one of us believes in things like science, mathematics, or logic.

Rafiq should absolutely be required to make amends of his anti-semitism. But that doesn't mean he wasn't racially abused himself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Weren't you complaining about threads always going off-topic recently?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:04 am
Weren't you complaining about threads always going off-topic recently?
I don't believe that I would have done such a thing. I was complaining about the constant whining about the same old topics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:55 am

Rafiq should absolutely be required to make amends of his anti-semitism. But that doesn't mean he wasn't racially abused himself.
Or we let them say what he thinks.

Rafiq can hate the Yehudi's all he likes for all i care as long as he doesn't get violent. Ballance can joke around all he wants about race too, and from what I can tell thats all it was.

Silencing people wont make them a better or different person, just puts them underground. But if people say what they want then we can openly talk about it. It is healthier.

The loudmouth Imam wanting to stone Shia's for example isnt going to change his views after being cancelled, he is just going to get more angry and hold secret meetings and then nek minnit little Shaboob has joined ISIS and his mum is talking to the media and saying 'I dont know what happened he was a good boy he gave no clues'.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:47 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:55 am

Or we let them say what he thinks.

Rafiq can hate the Yehudi's all he likes for all i care as long as he doesn't get violent. Ballance can joke around all he wants about race too, and from what I can tell thats all it was.

Silencing people wont make them a better or different person, just puts them underground. But if people say what they want then we can openly talk about it. It is healthier.

The loudmouth Imam wanting to stone Shia's for example isnt going to change his views after being cancelled, he is just going to get more angry and hold secret meetings and then nek minnit little Shaboob has joined ISIS and his mum is talking to the media and saying 'I dont know what happened he was a good boy he gave no clues'.
Wait wait, are you okay with open racial abuse?