Logan Cup: Rocks v Tuskers & Rhinos v Mountaineers (12th-15th Feb)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Logan Cup: Rocks v Tuskers & Rhinos v Mountaineers (12th-15th Feb)

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:33 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:47 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:55 am

Rafiq should absolutely be required to make amends of his anti-semitism. But that doesn't mean he wasn't racially abused himself.
Or we let them say what he thinks.

Rafiq can hate the Yehudi's all he likes for all i care as long as he doesn't get violent. Ballance can joke around all he wants about race too, and from what I can tell thats all it was.

Silencing people wont make them a better or different person, just puts them underground. But if people say what they want then we can openly talk about it. It is healthier.

The loudmouth Imam wanting to stone Shia's for example isnt going to change his views after being cancelled, he is just going to get more angry and hold secret meetings and then nek minnit little Shaboob has joined ISIS and his mum is talking to the media and saying 'I dont know what happened he was a good boy he gave no clues'.
Wait wait, are you okay with open racial abuse?
Just to use common sense and freely debate ideas and merits.

Put it this way, if we are having a drink together and paying out each other and i call u an uber driver and you call me a white cunt i dont want some pink haired Newtown bitch observing in the corner and calling the police.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:47 pm

Or we let them say what he thinks.

Rafiq can hate the Yehudi's all he likes for all i care as long as he doesn't get violent. Ballance can joke around all he wants about race too, and from what I can tell thats all it was.

Silencing people wont make them a better or different person, just puts them underground. But if people say what they want then we can openly talk about it. It is healthier.

The loudmouth Imam wanting to stone Shia's for example isnt going to change his views after being cancelled, he is just going to get more angry and hold secret meetings and then nek minnit little Shaboob has joined ISIS and his mum is talking to the media and saying 'I dont know what happened he was a good boy he gave no clues'.
This all sounds good until you get the point where because anyone can say whatever they want, you have a society where a significant proportion of the population's minds have been poisoned. What happens when 75% of people start to believe in the tooth fairy? Absolutely nothing, its a harmless lie. Now what happens when 75% of a Western democracy's population rejects the outcome of elections, based solely on a lie? People will eventually take up arms against each other and then you have a Syria or Afghanistan on your hands. Is it really in the best interests of the Western world to turn themselves into Syria/Afghanistan.

People mention a marketplace of ideas concept, but forget one critical thing. Ideas aren't exactly like commodities to be bought and sold. A commodity gets bought, and consumed relatively quickly. If its defective, people usually recognize it and either return it for a refund or throw it away. Defective ideas are much harder to discern.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Really great Logan Cup chat lads.....

Googly

Post by Googly »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:55 am
Googly wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:56 am

There's no way to tell, but you csn usually tell? :lol:
I'm assuming by amends you mean people want money because that's the ultimate act of contrition.
You can't just throw in 10 Hail Mary's and work in a soup kitchen for a week?
Lest we forget the Pakistani was also caught making anti semitic remarks and yet the money and support continues to pour in for him. In your new world order you need to explain who can be subjected to racism and who can't :lol:
Yeah you can tell if you want to. Unless you actively try not to of course. You and I have never met, but it wouldn't be too hard to figure out which one of us believes in things like science, mathematics, or logic.

Rafiq should absolutely be required to make amends of his anti-semitism. But that doesn't mean he wasn't racially abused himself.
:lol: Your maths, logic, trust in the science is being not so slowly turned on it's head. You're like that Iraqi Minister, Chemical Ali, who was shouting about the blood nose America was getting and they were one city block away and you could see and hear them advancing. A few more months and pretty much everything you've said about Covid, America, your friend Biden, their elections etc will be debunked and you cant even fact check it with Snopes because they've been proven to be just as full of it as you are. :lol: You're becoming the Don Lemon of ZCF.

ilovearsenal04
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by ilovearsenal04 »

In other news, so Wellington is averaging 76 this season and he even played uptop a few times for the goats, how has he not yet delivered yet at the international stage? He is a very Handy batsman and as soon as he gets his confidence he might be the second Regis. His nickname is Jaddo so he should be able to hold a bat a bit right?
Last edited by ilovearsenal04 on Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The higher you go the cooler it becomes.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:47 pm
Really great Logan Cup chat lads.....
Thanks for trying.

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

ilovearsenal04 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:18 pm
In other news, so Wellington is averaging 76 this season and he even played uptop a few times for the goats, how has he not yet delivered yet at the international stage? He is a very Handy batsman and as soon as he gets his confidence he might be the second Regis. His nickname is Jaddo so he should be able to hold a bat a bit right?
Wellington has been in great from with the bat this season...but it is really a breakthrough for him with the willow. He's made a couple of half centuries here and there but his previous average was very low.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Jemisi wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:06 am
ilovearsenal04 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:18 pm
Wellington has been in great from with the bat this season...but it is really a breakthrough for him with the willow. He's made a couple of half centuries here and there but his previous average was very low.
He should be moving up the order slowly for sure. Definitely should come ahead of Shingi whenever he plays, and Sauramba (who shouldn't even be there really).

The good part is he has also rediscovered form in long format bowling, where he did not get as many wickets in the last couple of seasons. A sureshot in the test XI whenever we play the next one for sure.

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

Sauramba is doing well to still be getting games. He very rarely makes any runs.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

This might be saying a bit too much, but post the seniors era, I have found confidence in level headed approach and decent technique only among the following three (from whatever I have watched so far):

Shumba
Kaitano
Wellington

They seem to provide that calmness that you get when you are watching Ervine, for example. But one of the above is actually a bowler says a lot. I thought about adding the Don to this list, but his is more of doggedness than technique.