Tarasai musukanda arrested

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Tinah09

Re: Tarasai musukanda arrested

Post by Tinah09 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:26 pm
I still can’t get over the coincidences here.

So of all the thousands of pedestrians in Harare to run over, it just happens to be the nephew of the former board chairman?!?!

And also it just happens to be a guy who was at the same dinner as you half an hour earlier?

Wtf all round
This is less of a coincidence, more of a thermodynamic miracle. Anyone who could have predicted this can win consecutive lottery draws

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly with the post of the month there.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Is it too late to change the attitude/culture?

Googly

Post by Googly »

They took a couple of weeks to decide whether they were going to prosecute? Maybe that's standard and they were doing some investigations and finding and interviewing witnesses, if there were any. The police would have had to find them, or someone would have had to come forward. I would doubt Mr Chingoka was walking on his own, he would likely have been with a friend.
An accident is reportable within 24 hours, that's an offence right there, but I don't know what the charge is.
You can't make drunk driving stick if you've got no legal proof of the driver being intoxicated. Being seen rolling drunk an hour before I don't think is legal proof.
I'm sure you can only make culpable homicide stick if there are reliable witnesses to negligent driving.
A really good lawyer would either get him off or plead a lesser charge. In the absence of a good lawyer he's in big trouble.
Our legal system is not too shiny, any outcome is possible, it depends who's pushing in the background.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I'd be curious to know where Musakanda took him. All good emergency centers require you to have proof of medical aid or a serious cash deposit. People don't generally walk around with either. If he took him to a hospital with no facilities that would admit him then there's no chance of a good outcome.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Chingoka would have had to have been conscious and gotten onto his phone to get a relative or friend to bring his card and/or money. Or Musakanda would have had to have gotten someone to bring cash. You have to get to one of these good trauma centers. The gov facilities are shocking.

Googly

Post by Googly »

You can be three quarters dead and if you don't have proof you can pay most of these centers will not assist.

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:07 am
Is it too late to change the attitude/culture?
It's a top down fix, isn't it. There's your answer.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Googly wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:33 am
A Langer type coach will never work here, particularly a white South African. The days of using Zim to further your coaching career are done. Let's face it, we've been through a number and not one has made a difference. Granted they've faced massive problems outside of just coaching, but how how do you take very mediocre internationals to the next level? I'm not being harsh, that's what we have, and that's just the few good ones, the rest are simply not equipped. I'm excluding our 3 best players.
They've tried black coaches, white coaches, Sri Lankan coaches, West Indian coaches, white coaches with black wives to try and take race out of it, Indian coaches, overseas coaches, local coaches, South African coaches with no credentials, local coaches with no credentials etc. Nothing has worked.
Either the coach is not the issue and/or he's not getting the necessary support. We need better players and better admin and neither are on the horizon. If we had those in place THEN we'd need a better coach. We've got the coach we deserve. Fact.

Firstly there's not enough cricket to be in boot camp 24/7 with extended periods between games.
Secondly they probably don't get paid enough to feel they need to accept that.
Thirdly there's been a laissez-faire culture for so long that to try and turn that around would meet resistance from all quarters. Our plodding c'est la vie culture is deeply ingrained. I'm not sure what French has to do with this but it works! :lol:

I think to buy into that approach you have to believe that as a team its going to bear dividends. We are almost at a point where these guys go into a game knowing the planets really have to align in order to even get into a winning position, and cricket does throw that up once every 10 games.

In Butcher's book he made mention of old school type white coaches not understanding the culture here and the big disconnect between black players and white coaches. That was his take on it anyway, it has some merit. The issue was more that the white coaches would probably have more in common with the white guys and of course immediately that's perceived as a problem because the black guys believe they're on the outside looking in. That mistrust is ingrained and unfortunately there's also traction if things aren't going a player's way and he pulls that ace. This whole black white thing is such a mess. That mistrust is a two way street.

The real issue here is that nobody amongst the players desperately wants to win, and now possibly no longer believes they can. They may hope and think they can do well individually, but its a team sport! Everybody wants a central contract only because they can make a living out of it. Survival is priority, winning is very secondary. And anyone on a decent salary is either making plans for life after cricket or ingratiating themselves so there's a staff role for them.

That Flower era had guys that believed that with hard work they could compete with the big teams. The crazy part was that was basically as amateurs. That belief attitude and possibly even that skill set are gone. They knew they were only as strong as their weakest link. That vital fact has cost us dearly over the last 3 decades throughout our age groups, through club, franchise and to our national sides. You can maybe hide one passenger but you can't hide two, let alone five.

A new coach demanding hard work, better facilities etc is going to meet resistance from all fronts. The goal is to continue to exist. Rajput has read the room, from admin to his coaching staff to the players themselves. The only people he's had a problem with are a couple of the senior white players and Raza and clearly nobody cares what they think.

I wonder what the players think when they watch international cricket on TV, particularly the white ball stuff? If they were honest they'd be thinking- jeez this is next level stuff. How many would be thinking- with a lot of hard work and game time we can be as good as these guys?. They've become admiring spectators. The cricketing world rolls on and we are not on the bus.
Players like blessing are not far off the standard though., Especially becoming really good at one particular format. I also believe the players want to win initially at least. They play all that age group cricket full of passion.

I'm more talking bout the disciplinary issues. I think a coach and manager can have an influence on that particularly on younger blokes. But if the younger players see the senior players messing about yeah then it would most likely permeate through

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Googly wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:23 am
They took a couple of weeks to decide whether they were going to prosecute? Maybe that's standard and they were doing some investigations and finding and interviewing witnesses, if there were any. The police would have had to find them, or someone would have had to come forward. I would doubt Mr Chingoka was walking on his own, he would likely have been with a friend.
An accident is reportable within 24 hours, that's an offence right there, but I don't know what the charge is.
You can't make drunk driving stick if you've got no legal proof of the driver being intoxicated. Being seen rolling drunk an hour before I don't think is legal proof.
I'm sure you can only make culpable homicide stick if there are reliable witnesses to negligent driving.
A really good lawyer would either get him off or plead a lesser charge. In the absence of a good lawyer he's in big trouble.
Our legal system is not too shiny, any outcome is possible, it depends who's pushing in the background.
I think he will walk if he plays his cards right