Tarasai musukanda arrested

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Tarasai musukanda arrested

Post by Googly »

Apparently he took him to the hospital. First World you stabilise the guy in position and wait for the ambulance and Police to arrive. Third World you bundle him into the car and drop him off at best. If you run someone over here in Zim, regardless of circumstances you're often at risk of some street justice if you hang around. The number of drivers that just drive away or go directly to a police station for their own safety is high. If you were to stagger out of your car to inspect the damage you've caused, the bystanders (who appear by their hundreds from nowhere) can turn on you and half kill you if there's some sort of trigger.

If you run over a pedestrian in a crowded, down market area you're in deep deep trouble here.

Drink driving is a national past time here. I literally know of nobody that says they're not having a drink because they're driving later. People would look at you as if you were mad. It's a really poor culture.

The odds of running over a Chingoka? Well you know the cricketing gods are not with you.
There was little mention of Gwinyai Chingoka and the loss to their family, the focus was on Musakanda, isn't that typical reporting the world over!

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:15 pm
ZC has a culture problem.
Drugs,
KFC,
Murder
Match fixing
Rape
Arson
Drink driving

Have i missed anything?
Desperate people do crazy things. But yes some of these things are even cultural and structural issues of Zimbabwe in general. That Vice YouTube video on codeine use in Zimbabwe highlights the reasons pretty well.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

The entire episode is really sad. All I can say is that the law should take it's course. Accidental but obviously you have to drive responsibly, someone has lost his life.

This is terribly sad.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

I still can’t get over the coincidences here.

So of all the thousands of pedestrians in Harare to run over, it just happens to be the nephew of the former board chairman?!?!

And also it just happens to be a guy who was at the same dinner as you half an hour earlier?

Wtf all round

Donald

Post by Donald »

Its very sad all around and im glad forum recognises this. Can only imagine what some of the trolls on twitter would do if this was 'certain zimbabwe players'

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Drugs,
KFC,
Murder
Match fixing
Rape
Arson
Drink driving

Have i missed anything?
Losing

I’d like to think it was relatively minor hit and Chingoka’s death was very unexpected? Did they know each other?

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Drugs,
KFC,
Murder
Match fixing
Rape
Arson
Drink driving

Have i missed anything?
We probably do need a Langer type coach

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Zimco wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:48 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Drugs,
KFC,
Murder
Match fixing
Rape
Arson
Drink driving

Have i missed anything?
We probably do need a Langer type coach
Mickey Arthur...

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

For Zimbabwe it should always be a Black or if we are really desperate an Asian coach.

A white man will always be accused of racism by the under performing Black players.

South Africa has a few options for us,it should always be a black coach

Googly

Post by Googly »

A Langer type coach will never work here, particularly a white South African. The days of using Zim to further your coaching career are done. Let's face it, we've been through a number and not one has made a difference. Granted they've faced massive problems outside of just coaching, but how how do you take very mediocre internationals to the next level? I'm not being harsh, that's what we have, and that's just the few good ones, the rest are simply not equipped. I'm excluding our 3 best players.
They've tried black coaches, white coaches, Sri Lankan coaches, West Indian coaches, white coaches with black wives to try and take race out of it, Indian coaches, overseas coaches, local coaches, South African coaches with no credentials, local coaches with no credentials etc. Nothing has worked.
Either the coach is not the issue and/or he's not getting the necessary support. We need better players and better admin and neither are on the horizon. If we had those in place THEN we'd need a better coach. We've got the coach we deserve. Fact.

Firstly there's not enough cricket to be in boot camp 24/7 with extended periods between games.
Secondly they probably don't get paid enough to feel they need to accept that.
Thirdly there's been a laissez-faire culture for so long that to try and turn that around would meet resistance from all quarters. Our plodding c'est la vie culture is deeply ingrained. I'm not sure what French has to do with this but it works! :lol:

I think to buy into that approach you have to believe that as a team its going to bear dividends. We are almost at a point where these guys go into a game knowing the planets really have to align in order to even get into a winning position, and cricket does throw that up once every 10 games.

In Butcher's book he made mention of old school type white coaches not understanding the culture here and the big disconnect between black players and white coaches. That was his take on it anyway, it has some merit. The issue was more that the white coaches would probably have more in common with the white guys and of course immediately that's perceived as a problem because the black guys believe they're on the outside looking in. That mistrust is ingrained and unfortunately there's also traction if things aren't going a player's way and he pulls that ace. This whole black white thing is such a mess. That mistrust is a two way street.

The real issue here is that nobody amongst the players desperately wants to win, and now possibly no longer believes they can. They may hope and think they can do well individually, but its a team sport! Everybody wants a central contract only because they can make a living out of it. Survival is priority, winning is very secondary. And anyone on a decent salary is either making plans for life after cricket or ingratiating themselves so there's a staff role for them.

That Flower era had guys that believed that with hard work they could compete with the big teams. The crazy part was that was basically as amateurs. That belief attitude and possibly even that skill set are gone. They knew they were only as strong as their weakest link. That vital fact has cost us dearly over the last 3 decades throughout our age groups, through club, franchise and to our national sides. You can maybe hide one passenger but you can't hide two, let alone five.

A new coach demanding hard work, better facilities etc is going to meet resistance from all fronts. The goal is to continue to exist. Rajput has read the room, from admin to his coaching staff to the players themselves. The only people he's had a problem with are a couple of the senior white players and Raza and clearly nobody cares what they think.

I wonder what the players think when they watch international cricket on TV, particularly the white ball stuff? If they were honest they'd be thinking- jeez this is next level stuff. How many would be thinking- with a lot of hard work and game time we can be as good as these guys?. They've become admiring spectators. The cricketing world rolls on and we are not on the bus.