2023-2031 FTP news, updates, etc

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Saint_Mel

Re: 2023-2031 FTP news, updates, etc

Post by Saint_Mel »

Oh no, not the sanctity of T20 statistics. The storied history of the format has been ruined. How will anyone ever take the format seriously because Nepal hold the highest score.

Crastle_cog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Crastle_cog »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:43 pm
The ICC made a mistake by giving everyone T20I status in my not so humble opinion. I am for expanding the game, but they should have kept T20I status for perhaps the top 30-40 sides. And or give to everyone but don’t recognize Asian Games, Africa Games, or the Olympics as T20I.

One of the consequences is that records and statistics begin to lose meaning. The highest team total in T20I cricket now belongs to Nepal…not India or Australia. That to me just doesn’t make sense.
Probably the most idiotic thing I've ever read. You bringing us bengalis down lad :lol: :lol:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

On second thought you guys are kinda right.

I don’t really rate the T20I format apart from it being somewhat entertaining. But to me it’s not really *cricket*, so what if Nepal holds a world record?

As long as they continue to preserve the sanctity of ODIs and Tests, we’re good. 20 teams have ODI status currently and that’s plenty. Furthermore 32 teams are in the running for the ODI World Cup via Leaue 2 and the Challenge leagues. And with the WC going back to 14 teams, overall we’re in a good space.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

Whether you rate it or not, whether we like it or not. T20 is the only future of the game. The more inclusive, the better.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Crastle_cog wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:42 am
Whether you rate it or not, whether we like it or not. T20 is the only future of the game. The more inclusive, the better.
Inclusivity is bad for the BCCI and their control of the game. There is very little justification to give Vietnam the same status in any format of the game as New Zealand. Having 30-40 teams is expansion enough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

Having had the trots from Vietnamese Street food is no reason to be xenophobic.

pillowprocter

Post by pillowprocter »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:49 am
As long as they continue to preserve the sanctity of ODIs and Tests, we’re good.
On the contrary, I'd love to see all teams given ODI status in the same way. Maybe not Tests since I doubt any lower ranked sides can afford to stage any, but if ICC remove some of the red tape around it maybe that'll be possible too.

The official status gives much needed attention to Associate games, makes people sit up and take notice. If you look at the history of international cricket, so many teams and players have been lost to the game due to unnecessary gatekeeping. A world where you can play ODIs and Tests for your country, whether you come from India or Japan or Nigeria is definitely something I'd like to see.

As for the statistics thing, it is ridiculously easy to filter statistics to only include matches played against the top 10 or top 20 or whatever teams.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

^ Agree completely

aydee

Post by aydee »

pillowprocter wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:25 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
As long as they continue to preserve the sanctity of ODIs and Tests, we’re good.
On the contrary, I'd love to see all teams given ODI status in the same way. Maybe not Tests since I doubt any lower ranked sides can afford to stage any, but if ICC remove some of the red tape around it maybe that'll be possible too.

The official status gives much needed attention to Associate games, makes people sit up and take notice. If you look at the history of international cricket, so many teams and players have been lost to the game due to unnecessary gatekeeping. A world where you can play ODIs and Tests for your country, whether you come from India or Japan or Nigeria is definitely something I'd like to see.

As for the statistics thing, it is ridiculously easy to filter statistics to only include matches played against the top 10 or top 20 or whatever teams.
100%

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

pillowprocter wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:25 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:

Top post, fully agree