2023-2031 FTP news, updates, etc

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Pat_Bee

Re: 2023-2031 FTP news, updates, etc

Post by Pat_Bee »

Then we can get beat by Vietnam in a test. :lol:

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

5 T20I’s in Bangladesh XI firmed starting 3rd May.

As I mentioned a couple of months ago, there are no Tests.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Tests moved to 2025. Bangladesh are fairly good at sticking to their commitments to be fair.

So confirmed fixtures for the next few months

May: 5 x T20s Bangladesh (Away)
July: 5 T20s India (Home)
August: 1 Test, 3 T20s and 3 ODIs Ireland (Away) Number of white ball games TBC

Not bad to be fair. Teams are still willing to play us.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Rubbish teams that Kriterion_BD would chop if he was sat on the ICC board :lol:

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Bangladesh tests moving to 2025 is a bit disappointing but not a disaster as Bangladesh generally keep their commitments and we can be very hopeful of those games happening.

So March, May, July, August, we've got fixtures, fair enough. What we need now is for some good results!

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I wonder if Raza will miss some of these games because of his commitments. Not much rest for the younger guys either as they have the Africa games, Bangladesh and then a tour to the UK as well

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

https://twitter.com/saifahmed75/status/ ... JyVLA&s=19

🎙️| Sikandar Raza who has been passing a dream time since the last couple of years and getting opportunity in almost every cricket league in the world told Cricwick:

"My performance in the last 2-3 years is going well because Zimbabwe cricket is managing me very well. I promised that I'll not miss a while-ball game for my country no matter which league I have to leave for it."

"If Zimbabwe tells me now that we have a series after 3 days and the opponent is even Nigeria, I don't care. If Zimbabwe has picked me, I will leave PSL. If a series comes during IPL, I'll leave IPL. GT20, CPL, ILT20...no matter which league it is."

Raza, the man of all loyalty.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Ireland's Test match against Zimbabwe, pencilled in for Stormont in late July, is reportedly being scrapped as the beleaguered Board are yet again struggling with their finances.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I actually think becoming a full member has made Ireland stagnate a bit. It’s very costly, from the competitive salaries you have to pay, the domestic tournaments you have to organize and the quality of the broadcasts you have to organize for matches against other full members.

I also don’t think Ireland can get away with paying domestic players substandard wages because of the cost of living there. Then there is making the womens game go pro as well. It’s a real struggle. The administrators who might have been running the game for not much gain will start asking for more too once they see millions hitting the bank account.

I think with the way T20s are dominating now being a top associate like Scotland or The Netherlands might be better. Their top players are paid and trained by county teams, no pressure to pay a million for a test series and they still get to play us and go to the World Cup

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:19 am
I actually think becoming a full member has made Ireland stagnate a bit. It’s very costly, from the competitive salaries you have to pay, the domestic tournaments you have to organize and the quality of the broadcasts you have to organize for matches against other full members.

I also don’t think Ireland can get away with paying domestic players substandard wages because of the cost of living there. Then there is making the womens game go pro as well. It’s a real struggle. The administrators who might have been running the game for not much gain will start asking for more too once they see millions hitting the bank account.

I think with the way T20s are dominating now being a top associate like Scotland or The Netherlands might be better. Their top players are paid and trained by county teams, no pressure to pay a million for a test series and they still get to play us and go to the World Cup
Yeah that's a good post. I agree.

If we look at it, Ireland and Afghanistan have barely done anything to justify their test status. Which is why I never compare Zimbabwe with these two, because Zimbabwe have done a bloody good job as a test playing nation over the last 30+ years. Something which Ireland and Afghanistan can only dream of as of now.

Afghanistan's lack of support for women's game is appaling to say the least and there is no reason why they shouldn't be stripped off test status. I'm just being fair here. They instead enjoy spending all the money on Men's game without having to worry about women and get a greater share than a team like Zimbabwe who have historically been a far greater and bigger test nation than Afghanistan can dream of.

Anyways, I think we are going to see another all white ball tour of Ireland come August.