New Coaching Structure

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: New Coaching Structure

Post by secretzimbo »

Men:
Captain - Craig Ervine (confusion around Sean Williams.....?)
Vice Captain - Regis Chakabva

Head Coach - Lalchand Rajput
Assistant Coach - Stuey Matsikenyeri
Batting Coach - Lance Klusener
Bowling Coach - TBA
Fielding Coach - Shepherd Makunura
Data Analyst - Mufaro Chiturumani
Physio - Trevor Wambe
Team Manager - Dilip Chouhan
Media Consultant - Darlington Mujonga
Logistics Co-ordinator - Lovemore Banda
Doctor - Dr Solomon Madzogo

Women:
Captain - Mary Ann Musonda
Vice Captain - Josephine Nkomo

Head Coach - Gary Brent
Batting Coach - Sinikiwe Mpofu
Assistant Coach - Trevor Garwe
Fielding Coach - Trevor Phiri
Data Analyst - Keith Kulinga
Physio - Farai Mabasa
Fitness Trainer - Clement Rizhibowa
Team Manager - Caroline Nyamande
Media Consultant - Yvonne Magunda
Doctor - Dr Solomon Madzogo
sloandog wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:11 pm
What's going to happen to Dougie Hondo
Not sure. He's in England doing a coaching badge at the moment. Maybe they'll give him the U19's or something.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Hope we get some news on the selection panel soon, it's all very secretive. I think it was reformed last year but no announcement ever made.

Confusion about Williams too. Masakadza was on the radio a month back saying he had retired from test matches, so it's a bit odd that he's suddenly retained as Test captain?! The first press release described Ervine as all-format captain but it was revised and all the newspapers are now saying Williams is staying for Tests. Weird. But then a month is a long time in Willo's world :lol: :lol: Frank on Twitter seems to have confirmed it

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Finally, something concrete regarding Williams. It was all speculation until now.

Nice to see Lance is coming back.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Coaching isn't an issue in Zim cricket. Real problem is the talents running away and representing other nations. Zimbabwe performances improves when they get their talents back. Houghton needs to fix this issue and try to bring back those talented players back to Zim

Googly

Post by Googly »

It's still not clear who the u19 coach is.
Guys have always had dual roles in franchise and the national side. With a shortage of staff I get this, but is this one of the reasons domestic cricket always seems to grind to a halt when our national side occasionally play?
I've never understood how Chawaguta has never had a main coaching role in franchise, he's the assistant? He's been around a long time.

I'd really like Gary Brent to have been involved in the National set up or a franchise. It's our men's cricket that needs a kick in the arse, the women are brand new and have lots of time.
In DH we have a guy who was a high quality cricketer, has coached for years, is internationally respected and yet his role is coaching the coaches? Why does Hondo have to go overseas to be coached on how to coach when Dave Houghton is in-house? You can only coach the coaches for so long before they have to go and coach.
What a waste of a man with much more to offer current and up and coming international players.

After all the talk of match fixing and looking for scapegoats after that UAE game and firing Klusener did they decide there was no match fixing after all or that he wasn't involved. You fire a guy for supposed non performance and then offer him his old job back? That must have been an interesting interview. I wonder if LK extracted an apology out of ZC?

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Yes I wonder what role Hondo will have. Maybe u19s. I suspect he dashed off to England in order to save his job and say he is qualified for a big role now. What qualifications does Prosper have?

The bowling coach will also be a key appointment. We got a number of fast bowlers now. I think we need somebody who can take them to the next level. For spin we can hire a consultant here and there

Googly

Post by Googly »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:41 am
Coaching isn't an issue in Zim cricket. Real problem is the talents running away and representing other nations. Zimbabwe performances improves when they get their talents back. Houghton needs to fix this issue and try to bring back those talented players back to Zim
Coaching is always an issue at every level. Which other players have run away to represent other nations?
Why do you always post the same old rubbish?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:16 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Coaching is always an issue at every level. Which other players have run away to represent other nations?
He probably saw the ad nauseum obsession with Afghan U19 player ages and figured when in Rome...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

The only really nauseous thing was that you defend it.
I'd love that team to shave their beards, grow their hair, wear hijabs, identify as trans and win the women's WC and watch you defend that. :lol:

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Googly wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:16 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Gary Ballance, Currans, Cartwright, Colin de Grandhomme. Coach can't play for Zim in the field and win games. Players requires skill & talent to perform, can't win games with skill less players, no matter how much expensive or top coach is given a contract

I don't see Kluesner or even Houghton getting a long go if some upsets happen in upcomming T20 Qualifers