New Coaching Structure

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: New Coaching Structure

Post by sam_ahm »

Great to see Zulu back in the set up. He has quit the Afghan job for this one so surely must have seen as something more beneficial.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Seens to be some right steps, but then again, we've "right steps" in the past.

Rajput keeping his job is criminal though. For a country that's all about empowerment of people from Africa, I am sure there would have been plenty of SA coaches capable of the role available.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

I’m going to put out a controversial point for discussion here, regarding Williams remaining as test captain:

If we played a Test tomorrow I wouldn’t even pick Williams in the squad let alone name him captain. Some considerable effort has been made to put on a decent domestic season and try to improve the standard somewhat. Williams hasn’t bothered to play a single game. Sorry but he doesn’t deserve to even be picked. How the hell is he captain?! I know the Logan cup is shit and not beneficial to him, but him playing would be beneficial to everyone else. I wouldn’t pick him.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Lol they’ve done a U turn and kept Prosper in his job :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://zimcricket.org/outcomes-of-zc-b ... arch-2022/

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:29 am
I’m going to put out a controversial point for discussion here, regarding Williams remaining as test captain:

If we played a Test tomorrow I wouldn’t even pick Williams in the squad let alone name him captain. Some considerable effort has been made to put on a decent domestic season and try to improve the standard somewhat. Williams hasn’t bothered to play a single game. Sorry but he doesn’t deserve to even be picked. How the hell is he captain?! I know the Logan cup is shit and not beneficial to him, but him playing would be beneficial to everyone else. I wouldn’t pick him.
Lets see if he turns up for the domestic T20 in a couple of weeks.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Elton now a selector I see.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Klusener was head coach of the same franchise Raza played for in the BPL a couple of weeks ago.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Elton and Prosper as selectors...we are so screwed.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:58 am
I've never understood how Chawaguta has never had a main coaching role in franchise, he's the assistant? He's been around a long time.
He has been Rhinos head coach at some point. Last year or the year before from memory. Seems to have stepped aside for whatever reason. He can't be any worse than Ncube has been this year!
I'd really like Gary Brent to have been involved in the National set up or a franchise. It's our men's cricket that needs a kick in the arse, the women are brand new and have lots of time.
Presumably they are testing him. If he does a decent enough job without upsetting anybody or causing any problems then he'll probably be a contender for the mens job when Rajput finally fucks off.
In DH we have a guy who was a high quality cricketer, has coached for years, is internationally respected and yet his role is coaching the coaches? Why does Hondo have to go overseas to be coached on how to coach when Dave Houghton is in-house? You can only coach the coaches for so long before they have to go and coach.
What a waste of a man with much more to offer current and up and coming international players.
Maybe he doesn't want to be involved in coaching players anymore? He was in an admin role at Derbyshire for the last few years as well. I think ZC only offer level 1 and 2 quals so makes sense for Hondo to go to the ECB for his level 4.
It is a bit of a waste of DH though. Our actual director of cricket is MIA and is clearly being sidelined. Maybe DH will end up in that bigger role when they finally force Hami out.
sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:11 am
Great to see Zulu back in the set up. He has quit the Afghan job for this one so surely must have seen as something more beneficial.
Closer to home isn't it. He can probably live in SA and just commute across the border when needed. We should always target SA coaches for this reason - it's very appealing for them.
zimbos_05 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:18 am
Elton and Prosper as selectors...we are so screwed.
Prosper has been on the selection panel for a couple of years unfortunately. Although at least selection has improved over the past year or so generally.
I still think Ewing should be more involved with the u19 selection rather than the senior team, seeing as he is a school teacher and has coached half the current youngsters

Googly

Post by Googly »

Thanks for the info!
The last thing we ne3d is LK commuting from SA. He needs to work with guys during off times and earn his keep, not pitch up the day before.
What I don't enjoy about school coaches being involved in u19 either as coaches or selectors or managers is it guarantees whatever school it is has at least two players in the side regardless of ability :lol:, it seems to be part payment for the job.