Domestic T20 Thread 2022 | 24th-30th March

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Domestic T20 Thread 2022 | 24th-30th March

Post by secretzimbo »

Fixtures: https://twitter.com/zimbabwewomen/statu ... 83/photo/1

Mens & Women's comps at the same time. Ridiculously only 4 games per side + final.

As reported elsewhere;
Williams may miss at least some games due to an 'illness'
Chari is unavailable - he's in Denmark
Raza is unavailable - he's in Bangladesh playing List A cricket
Hopefully Blessing plays
Hopefully Regis has recovered from his injury

Anyone heard anything else regarding squads yet? Surely some U19 or club players may get a chance here.

secretzimbo

Re: Domestic T20 Thread 2022 | 24th-30th March

Post by secretzimbo »

Someone asked about Ali Hamid on the club thread last week. Well he’s playing for Eagles in a warm up game today.

andrewn9

Post by andrewn9 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:11 pm
Someone asked about Ali Hamid on the club thread last week. Well he’s playing for Eagles in a warm up game today.
Thanks!

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbBxFcHI9po/

Our esteemed coach is already back home after he visited Zimbabwe a couple of weeks ago. Here's me thinking our 'T20 genius' coach might have stuck around for our T20 tournament in the lead-up to crucial T20WC qualifiers, but of course I expected too much :lol: :lol: :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:12 am

Our esteemed coach is already back home after he visited Zimbabwe a couple of weeks ago. Here's me thinking our 'T20 genius' coach might have stuck around for our T20 tournament in the lead-up to crucial T20WC qualifiers, but of course I expected too much :lol: :lol: :lol:
For time spent vs dollars earned this guy rivals Elon Musk.
One of these reporters needs to start asking masakadza and mukhulani some hard questions about this guy, its unbelievable. Surely he can't even be part of a selection process if he's never seen a single guy actually play? This is a disgraceful state of affairs.
I'd love to know what Raza thinks of Bangladeshi List A vs Zim's.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Googly wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:44 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:12 am

For time spent vs dollars earned this guy rivals Elon Musk.
One of these reporters needs to start asking masakadza and mukhulani some hard questions about this guy, its unbelievable. Surely he can't even be part of a selection process if he's never seen a single guy actually play? This is a disgraceful state of affairs.
I'd love to know what Raza thinks of Bangladeshi List A vs Zim's.
Hami basically said in an interview they wanted some kind of continuity in the coaching structure after replacing the other coaches. Larry pressed him more about what happens to Rajput if we don't qualify for the T20s. Evasive as expected. He clearly has their support

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya I saw that interview. Part 1 of 4 apparently.
He kept rambling on about "tinkering" but not "tinkering" too much :lol: What does that mean exactly? The word he's looking for is "overhauling!" He's under the illusion we are making progress when we are in reverse.
Surely Klusener should get his arse down here ASAP as well. Winter is on it's way, he's got about 3 weeks of decent fishing left.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Matsi is effectively our head coach 95% of the time now. The idea is Rajput just flies in for each series/tour. It's a bonkers idea.

We are paying this dude 8k a month for this :lol: Just sitting on his arse in Mumbai ffs. And none of the players even like him

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Considering we've been told for four years that the guy is a T20 mastermind and his main objective is to make us a world class T20 side......you'd think he would bother to appear for the 6 days of domestic T20 cricket we play annually.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I'm really not sure how he thinks there's progress when we don't play games? How do you tell if there's progress?
No players on the planet come off a 4 month lay off and continue to show progress. You're rusty as hell and you're back to square 1 is what actually happens.
The only guy on this earth who doesn't have to play or practice and maintain form is Williams. :lol:
He is the king of doing nothing and being able to perform, he's a machine.