Domestic T20 Thread 2022 | 24th-30th March

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Domestic T20 Thread 2022 | 24th-30th March

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:36 pm
Full registered Eagles Squad:
Chamu Chibhabha (C), Matt Welch, Brad Evans, Ali Hamid, Faraz Akram, Aisha Chibanda, Brighton Zhawi, Regis Chakabva, Daniel Jakiel, Gareth Chirawu, Kuda Munyede, Kudzai Maunze, Wessly Madhevere, Marshall Takodza, Tino Mutombodzi, Richard Ngarava, Tadiwanashe Nyangani, Tanaka Chivanga, Tapiwa Mufudza, Tinashe Kamunhukamwe, Tinashe Nenhunzi

And their match day squad for tomorrow: https://www.instagram.com/p/CbdGrfQM0QJ/

And Tuskers registered squad;
Craig Ervine (C), Sean Williams, Mgcini Dube, Sheunopa Musekwa, Ainsley Ndlovu, Alvin Chiradza, Brian Chari, Charlton Tshuma, Clive Madande, Ernest Masuku, Luke Jongwe, Milton Shumba, Nkosana Mpofu, Steve Chimhamhiwa, Tafara Mupariwa, Tanu Makoni, Tanatswa Bechani
sloandog wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:44 pm
I'm just going to say this. The white lads always seem to find it tougher to break into these squads than black cricketers. Can't believe the Bennetts aren't there
I think there are one or two more u19's in other squads as well. Let's wait and see. The Bennett's are off to college in South Africa at some point though - so not sure if we will see them.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Hope the new commers are preferred over proven failures and get included in the Playing XI to make a demand for representing Zim.

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

Are both matches scheduled today going to be played concurrently?

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

Cricinfo suggests both matches are going to be at 5 pm IST ( Indian Standard Time)

Googly

Post by Googly »

lobsang wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:27 am
There's two venues and the women are also playing so it's just back to back cricket from morning to evening for the next few days. I don't even know if they're allowing spectators? I don't know what the latest covid scam is. It does seem to be less deadly now there's a war on, the genuine deaths seem to be down to about 1 a day worldwide so gatherings may well be still restricted.
Its going to be interesting to see what plans there are for new decks. Even a second game on the same pitch is an entirely different prospect. Zim pitches seem to vary considerably between morning and afternoon. It's the strangest thing. Usually a bit of movement and bounce in the morning and then low and slow in the afternoon, which is actually more difficult to bat on.

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

Googly wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:16 am
lobsang wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:27 am
There's two venues and the women are also playing so it's just back to back cricket from morning to evening for the next few days. I don't even know if they're allowing spectators? I don't know what the latest covid scam is. It does seem to be less deadly now there's a war on, the genuine deaths seem to be down to about 1 a day worldwide so gatherings may well be still restricted.
Its going to be interesting to see what plans there are for new decks. Even a second game on the same pitch is an entirely different prospect. Zim pitches seem to vary considerably between morning and afternoon. It's the strangest thing. Usually a bit of movement and bounce in the morning and then low and slow in the afternoon, which is actually more difficult to bat on.
I am talking about men's two T20s to be played this afternoon

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Yeah the pitches will be interesting. It would be nice some to some batting friendly conditions in this format, or else we will get the usual Zimbabwean 130-7 off 20 overs. Let’s see.

And yes it’s two womens games in the morning and two mens games in the afternoon.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

So, this is like a rare celestial wonder. If the folks are awake this week, they can witness a rare event called Zimbabwean domestic T20!

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Where is Chakabva? Is he injured? If he is how bad is it? Hasn't played for a while

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:04 am
Where is Chakabva? Is he injured? If he is how bad is it? Hasn't played for a while
Injured I think but nobody seems to know