English Domestic Season 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: English Domestic Season 2022

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 4:47 pm
Not many games for some of the Zim players so far this season. They'll probably get more game time when the white ball stuff starts.

Ben Curran - playing this week, only his second game of the season.
Dane Schadendorf - hasn't played
Nick Welch - played once in April, but not seen since. Strange because Leicester are awful
Tawanda Muyeye - Dropped after averaging 17 from three matches at the start of the season
Ed Byrom - Hasn't played yet. Maybe injured?
Ryan Higgins - played every game, averaging 40 with the bat and taken 15 wickets. No idea who he is never in any England discussion.

I don't know if Nathan Gilchrist really counts but he tops the Kent bowling charts so far this season. pretty good for a youngster.

Ben Compton is in unreal form - 786 runs at 112.28 and counting.....
Dustin Melton hasn't played this season either.

Googly

Post by Googly »

He's just lost his contract. Absolutely gutted for him. Politics. Never gets an opportunity. He could open for any county.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Who?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Dusty. Great guy. Apparently at a complete loss. He's going to go back to trying to get Two's games for other counties.
He's got a bit of a dodgy ankle. Bowls quick.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Ah I’m gutted for him. Hope it works out for him, I know he’s had various issues over the years. Unfortunately the family suffered a tragedy on their farm in Zim at the back end of last year, which has probably put him off ever coming here.

The good news is he must be England qualified now, finally? Might be easier to get a gig.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

He’s one I’ve always been hoping to try and get back to the fold, but I have evidence to suggest those around him are not happy with ZC’s ways.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

No he was playing as an overseas. Gets his ILTR only next week, then another year of not clapping anyone who deserves to be clapped and then a passport. Derbyshire fast tracked him basically then obviously decided he wasn't good enuf or too injury prone or whatever their bullshit reason was.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 4:47 pm
Not many games for some of the Zim players so far this season. They'll probably get more game time when the white ball stuff starts.

Ben Curran - playing this week, only his second game of the season.
Dane Schadendorf - hasn't played
Nick Welch - played once in April, but not seen since. Strange because Leicester are awful
Tawanda Muyeye - Dropped after averaging 17 from three matches at the start of the season
Ed Byrom - Hasn't played yet. Maybe injured?
Ryan Higgins - played every game, averaging 40 with the bat and taken 15 wickets. No idea who he is never in any England discussion.

I don't know if Nathan Gilchrist really counts but he tops the Kent bowling charts so far this season. pretty good for a youngster.

Ben Compton is in unreal form - 786 runs at 112.28 and counting.....
Schadendorf played second X1 t20 matches and scored 39, 51

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya he's playing very well. Got 3 hundreds on the trot in red ball as well. He's at Notts and the incumbent keeper is Moores. Firstly he's a very good player himself and secondly his father is the Notts coach. The only opportunity Dane will get is when Moores plays The Hundred or gets injured. He's going to have to ramp that up to double hundreds and hope Moores has a domestic dispute with his father at the same time. That's planet alignment right there :lol:
If you though there was nepotism here England is no different, just a lot more subtle.
Dane has got time on his side though.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya Compton got off to a flyer, then a serious patch of low scores and now on 125 no.
Bell-Drummond (black dude, think he may have played here once?) is one serious batsman, I don't know how he hasn't had international opportunity. I've watched him a few times, he's absolutely top drawer. Kent have more black players than all the other counties combined :lol: