English Domestic Season 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: English Domestic Season 2022

Post by Googly »

sloandog wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:17 am
And will never represent Zim, so sho cares.
Carse is fast but does fuck all with it. He scraped an ODI fiver but honestly looked docile, regardless of the fact he his 87mph
Other people like to know if there's a zim background to cricketers. I did point out that we are ok in the seam dept as well, it wasnt a recrruitment drive. The thread is English domestic season so its worthy of mention. He'll be the first bowling 87mph docile deliveries, that's a rare feat all on it's own. That would be an interesting commentary- and here comes Carse ambling in from the commentary box end with his 90mph docile deliveries, shouldn't trouble the batsman one bit.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Compton scored another century. Century in both innings :o

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Marshmallow wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:13 pm
Compton scored another century. Century in both innings :o
“I went away this winter and it did a lot for my cricket. I played in Zimbabwe and both the cricketing experience and the life experience, being in a different part of the world, was good for me and stood me in good stead for this first game.”

Good quote from Ben

Googly

Post by Googly »

He broke a few County records with those 3 innings, had he had a not out it would have been a whole bunch more. That was epic. If they'd batted another 10 overs they could have rescued that game against all odds.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

It's a bloody great advert for Zim - ZC should be all over this! We should be oversubscribed for those overseas slots next season!

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Almost carried his bat twice in the same game! Amazing effort!

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

So maybe we are not weak :lol: on a serious note its a good advert for ZC. We could see some real prospects coming through next season. We just need a proper schedule to be released months before and most importantly stick to the schedule

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Kent seems to have dropped Muyeye. Lets see if they bring him back in a few weeks time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

Hes had 7 FC games and averages 25 and 7 list A games and averaging 23. Not a great start, it's tough out there.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Not many games for some of the Zim players so far this season. They'll probably get more game time when the white ball stuff starts.

Ben Curran - playing this week, only his second game of the season.
Dane Schadendorf - hasn't played
Nick Welch - played once in April, but not seen since. Strange because Leicester are awful
Tawanda Muyeye - Dropped after averaging 17 from three matches at the start of the season
Ed Byrom - Hasn't played yet. Maybe injured?
Ryan Higgins - played every game, averaging 40 with the bat and taken 15 wickets. No idea who he is never in any England discussion.

I don't know if Nathan Gilchrist really counts but he tops the Kent bowling charts so far this season. pretty good for a youngster.

Ben Compton is in unreal form - 786 runs at 112.28 and counting.....