North-South Regional T20 Series | 12th-14th Apr 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: North-South Regional T20 Series | 12th-14th Apr 2022

Post by CalZim »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:38 am

A Squad (Nepal):
A Ndlovu (C), B Phiri, J Campbell, M Welch, A Chibanda, T Marumani, K Maunze, B Chipungu, L Jongwe, T Musekiwa, T Munyonga, T Chivanga, J Masara, E Masuku, M Dube

No point sending the old boys anywhere.
I disagree, that squad would get completely smashed by Nepal, yes they might have bright futures but without any real experience they will crumble.

What do you learn from a battering? Not much other than a crush in confidence.

Having players like Tiripano and Mutumbami in there should really help the rest of the squad especially the younger players.

Plus this is an ‘a’ team not a development squad, which means it should contain fringe players that just miss the cut on the 15, players like Dube, Campbell, Chibanda and chipungu are just not ready for the National team.

We need a squad that can beat Nepal and show that we have a bit of depth, alongside developing some of the younger players like Marumani who are almost there.

That’s my opinion anyway and why I put players like mutumbami, Chatara, dt and Maruma in there. Notice I still left out Chibhabha :lol:

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

We sent the old boys to Namibia last year and they still got battered!

I think the A squad should be for players who realistically could graduate to the first team within the next couple of years. I don’t want mutumbami, Maruma, mutombodzi, tiripano anywhere near first teams ever again! I actually think there’s enough talent in my A squad to do relatively okayish in Nepal.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Playing SA and Nepal simultaneously is going to stretch our resources and unfortunately expose us, but we need to finally play some international cricket and see how we stack up after what seems like a year of self imposed isolation.
That's one record we will hold forever- the longest a member nation has gone without an international fixture post WW 2. We slip further behind with each passing month. We're damned if we play and damned if we don't.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Good to see another bag for Evans. He's managed a couple at the back end of the season.