Zimbabwe "A" Squad to Tour Nepal

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe "A" Squad to Tour Nepal

Post by sloandog »

This was a day for Evans. Excellent performance with the ball and that inside out shot with the bat showed why he's probably the next all rounder on the block.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Will be interesting to see if they go all out in their selection for Namibia or they let a few guys battle it out against better opposition.

A team like this would be interesting because it would answer all the selection issues

Kaitano
Wes(c)
Munyonga
Shumba
Burl
Mutumbami (wk)
Jongwe
Evans
Wellington
Chatara
Chivanga

Reserves: Madande, Marumani, Nyauchi, Mavuta, Innocent Kaia.

I think we all know that Regis, Williams, Ervine, Raza, Blessing and Ngarava are the core of the team right now but on the other hand they need some match practice. Tough one

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 8:53 am
Will be interesting to see if they go all out in their selection for Namibia or they let a few guys battle it out against better opposition.

A team like this would be interesting because it would answer all the selection issues

Kaitano
Wes(c)
Munyonga
Shumba
Burl
Mutumbami (wk)
Jongwe
Evans
Wellington
Chatara
Chivanga

I think we all know that Regis, Williams, Ervine, Raza, Blessing and Ngarava are the core of the team right now but on the other hand they need some match practice. Tough one

These SA and nepal series are the try outs.

Pick our strongest 15 for Namibia and let’s start winning!

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Marumani, Madande and Campbell have to do better next match otherwise they will have to wait another year to crack the team.

Innocent Kaia is an interesting one. Doesn't look like he will set the world on fire but he also doesn't look too bad. That's why they called him last minute to play last year in Scotland

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 8:53 am

Kaitano
Wes(c)
Munyonga
Shumba
Burl
Mutumbami (wk)
Jongwe
Evans
Wellington
Chatara
Chivanga

Surely Wellington is a shoo-in. Guy always performs and deserves to be called part of the core. Can bat too

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 8:56 am
Marumani, Madande and Campbell have to do better next match otherwise they will have to wait another year to crack the team.

Innocent Kaia is an interesting one. Doesn't look like he will set the world on fire but he also doesn't look too bad. That's why they called him last minute to play last year in Scotland
Marumani a certainty for the T20 squad I think. Campbell isn't good enough and is arguably very lucky to even be in the A squad. Madande should be our back up wk. He shouldn't be playing any games, but I'd rather him running 12th man and training with the squad than richmond.

Kaia is a good solid pro, just like Roy, but doesn't have the ability to cut it against full members.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Campbell is good enough I think. He's got a lovely technique but he's not ready yet. He's a good two years away from understanding his game properly. Evans is there now, I think.

I was speaking to a mate last night who saw Madande bat. He said he's a precocious talent.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Oh yeah, Madande is a ridiculous talent for sure. Amazing domestic season. Needs time to go the next step though.

Campbell is 24 and has had a poor season domestically. Need to see something from him soon really.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I agree campbell hasn't lit the FC scene up, but he's absolutely got the potential to succeed.

Yvmnaidu
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Yvmnaidu »

we should introduce new t20 league in Zimbabwe. To improve our players