Zimbabwe "A" Squad to Tour Nepal

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe "A" Squad to Tour Nepal

Post by secretzimbo »

And now they've just obstructed the field. Changed the course of his run to obstruct. Same guy should have been run out twice now. Bit of a joke. Our lads should be furious.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 11:47 am
Zimbabwe were atleast 25 runs short after the start they got.
Isn't this every single game we've ever played? :lol:

Although if we hadn't have dropped three catches and also had two terrible decisions against us, the runs would have been enough.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

For me only Innocent Kaia, Marumani and Evans should play against Namibia. The rest have been dreadful. Jongwe looks like a spent force, Nyauchi hasn't done much, Mavuta still has 2 bad deliveries an over, Madande dropped the probable match winner before he even got to 5 and was dreadful with the bat. Same story for Campbell.

Those were the guys I think we were all looking at and 5 out of 8 of them have shown they are far from ready. Innocent is even 50/50 for me but he hasn't played badly and Kaitano is struggling. Madande for me has been the biggest disappointment whilst Evans has been the best player.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 11:05 am
Suddenly the angle the third umpire needs for a runout can't be found :lol:
And for a stumping which the guy was not out the angle suddenly appeared :lol:

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

And now the most obvious edge ever is given not out. Our lads have been very hard done to here. Cheating fuckers.

Imagine if Chivanga was there :lol: There'd be on-field murders

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I understand why they can be upset but they should have never found themselves in such a position in the first place. A lot of dodgy calls

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I did not see the match today, but it looks like there were quite a few bad decisions which doesn't do Nepal any good, because this is not an international series, it is List A and they need to be looking to improve here rather than be biased.

Having said that, this is no excuse, Zimbabwe have been bad. Brad Evans was hands down the best player of the series, I agree, and Marumani looked good in patches which is a good sign.

For me Nyauchi was a bigger disappointment, he was expected to do a lot better here and equally Jongwe, who was the most experienced of the lot.

While the result is disappointing, let's not forget that this is only a Zim A Team. A full strength Ireland team lost twice to UAE in the Global Group A Qualifiers 3 months ago. So these opponents in Asian conditions can be tricky. Again not an excuse, I still admit this is a poor result for Zim.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Was anyone expecting our inexperienced third string to beat Nepal’s best team in Nepali conditions though?

As appropriate for an ‘A’ side, we showed bits in glimpses and were there or thereabouts in most games apart from that disaster the other day. Should be a big learning curve for some of these boys.

Evans and Marumani have probably secured places in the Namibia squad.

That will be the true test. They are a good side. But we should be expecting our first team (minus Blessing?) to win that series.

Marumani really does punish poor or average bowlers, and there will be plenty of them in the qualifiers. He cashes in when the opportunity is there. He still hasn’t quite figured out shot selection against good balls though. I still think he and Ervine is a very good, balanced opening partnership in the shortest format and I’d like to see it tried.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Zim is really playing a huge role in lifting the game of weak teams in asia. First they did it with Bangladesh, then Afghanistan, now Nepal is targeting Zimbabwe for their rise in international stage

Googly

Post by Googly »

And you are raising the profile of unlicensed vegetable vendors the world over.