Zimbabwe XI to Play South Africa "A"

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Zimbabwe XI to Play South Africa "A"

Post by TapsC2 »

They have dropped Wes for Shumba a few times and I think one day Wes will be left scratching his head when Shumba scores a century whilst he is carrying drinks. Maybe in a test match. It will click that he has underperformed

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 5:55 am
I don't know why they ever shelved Tinker. He coached Bennett and Muyeye. Need I say more?
Does anyone have a list of other development coaches and their list of good players they worked with? If you can't spot a player with potential and get the most out of him then you aren't doing your job. End of.
I don't even know who is still active or not. We have worryingly few coaches at all levels, and the few we do have are mostly low quality.

Reggie Mutare brought through Myers & Bawa, but is always overlooked and seemingly unknown. If I was opening an academy he's one of the first people I'd be on the phone too.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Tinks is at PH. He also had a bit to do with Sam Curran, Welch Snr, Murray, Curtis, Mubaiwa. Knows his beans.

Bhawa and Myers were St George's, but Mutare is Hellenic?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Mutare has been at St George's for at least the last few years I think. Was Myers' personal coach from a young age as well

Craig Evans is Hellenic?

Anyone any idea who coaches at PE or Churchill these days?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Marshmallow wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 1:38 pm
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 12:36 pm
I just saw in the scorecard that Wellington stopped midway in the last match. Was that an injury? Any update on that?
Injury
Thanks. Any idea how bad it is?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

BostonZimbo wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 10:19 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 10:05 pm
Googly, just on the grassroots thing, I was speaking to an old sage at the ground on Saturday who informed me that ZC are funding an entire new cricket square and renovating the facilities down at Milton School in Bulawayo. Nearly complete apparently. And there's another 2-3 schools supposedly in the pipeline.

They need to sort Churchill first!
Milton? There hasn't been cricket at Milton for decades
I've just been sent this; https://www.sundaynews.co.zw/zimbabwe-c ... ts-fields/

Googly

Post by Googly »

With that guy they're looking at a 1.2m rehabilitation exercise :lol:

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Marshmallow wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:16 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:08 pm
Except Andile Phehlukwayo, all are members of SA third string side, doesn't get enough chance. Zim can't defeat them despite playing with most of their senior team regulars Raza, Chatara, Masakadza, Madhevere, Tiripano

No excuse for this brutal thrash. Namibia Cricket is definately in better position then Zimbabwe
Rickelton is SA future star player.
Reeza, klassan, fortuin,zondo are standout performers of this year domestic tournament. Tbh all we know SA domestic system much more competitive than zimbabwe. So it's predictable that SA has upper hand in this tournament, even though zimbabwe played good game.
So it's not so worrying.

As a fan am too excited about Namibia growth. But compering Namibia with zimbabwe, zimbabwe has upper hand. Waiting for upcoming Namibia series and soon you realize that.
Yes :lol: