Match Thread - 5th ODI - Zimbabwe vs West Indies

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Match Thread - 5th ODI - Zimbabwe vs West Indies

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Date: December 9, 2007
Start of play: 07:30 GMT

Venue: Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe squad: Prosper Utseya (captain), Gary Brent (vice captain), Chamunorwa Chibhabha, Elton Chigumbura, Graeme Cremer, Keith Dabengwa, Terrence Duffin, Trevor Garwe, Blessing Mahwire, Timycen Maruma, Hamilton Masakadza, Stuart Matsikenyeri, Christopher Mpofu, Tawanda Mupariwa, Raymond Price, Vusimuzi Sibanda, Tatenda Taibu, Brendan Taylor, Sean Williams.

West Indies squad: Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Chris Gayle, Devon Smith, Denesh Ramdin, Dwayne Bravo, Daren Powell, Fidel Edwards, Runako Morton, Jerome Taylor, Rawl Lewis, Darren Sammy, Marlon Samuels, Narsingh Deonarine, Brenton Parchment, Ravindarnath Rampaul

Injury concerns: Chris Gayle (WI, 3 weeks), Shiv Chanderpaul (WI, unknown)

Live stream: http://livecricket.bollym4u.com/ (possible/unlikely)

Final ODI of the series. A good chance Zimbabwe could catch West Indies out, perhaps they will be complacent having wrapped up the series. I still think Chris Mpofu should come in to the team, but after Masakadza performed so well, perhaps it will need to be in place of Keith Dabengwa.

Tatenda Taibu is in terrible form. His last decent performance was his century against South Africa. He really needs to get some runs on the board.

andy

Re: Match Thread - 5th ODI - Zimbabwe vs West Indies

Post by andy »

There really needs to b atleast one change in the batting order. Williams has to come in.

Zimdan did you go to the game and how was it.

zimdan

Post by zimdan »

What a match, suvch a shame it had to go the way it did.

I cant believe i again saw some zimbabwean cricket history being made! and guess what! it was also in Bulawayo. The two openers played so well, the balls would have ran for 2 boundries had the outfield not been as dire as it was. to get 232 on an outfield like was pretty well done, however by the time WI went to bat it had dried out a bit, so they certainly had the easier conditions.

Pity but we can take some real positives from those two openers.

zimdan

Post by zimdan »

An admin has said the full match will be streamed tomorrow!

Lets hope for your sakes he is right. Ill be at the game but its always nice to reflect it if everyone has been able to watch it live.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

zimdan wrote:An admin has said the full match will be streamed tomorrow!
Excellent news!

Kopje

Post by Kopje »

Go Zimbo Go!!! Wish i was back home to watch this.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Oh, this has to be a joke.
Team news Two changes for Zimbabwe. Gary Brent and Elton Chigumbura out. Chris Mpofu and Tawanda Mupariwa are in.
This is unbelievable.

Zimbabwe have struggled most because they only have 2 pace bowlers, so instead of adding one more they take away two and add two new ones. This is unbelievable. Not to mention Elton Chigumbura is the leading wicket taker for Zimbabwe this series.

This is not a case of "resting" players. If it was, Tatenda Taibu who is in atrocious form would have been "rested" for Duffin.

I'm fuming at this decision. I'm all for the rest of the squad being given a go in the dead rubber games, but this is just stupid selection. A pace attack led by Mpofu and Mupariwa with NO CHIGUMBURA and NO BRENT? I hope we bat first otherwise we'll be conceding one massive score today.

Edit: nothing against either Mpofu or Mupariwa, I do believe one of them should be in the team. But having them both in the team, without a third pacer (ie, Chigumbura or Brent) is just stupid.

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

Shocking to say the least.
A team without Chigumbura and highly experienced ViceCapt Brent has to be a joke. M disheartned.
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Doesn't look like we'll be getting any Zim vs WI cricket soon. So in the meantime, watch India vs Pakistan. Ganguly is approaching 250, Pathan nearing his maiden Test century. This is great quality cricket (by India) !! :D

The bollym4u are finally showing some cricket, the match can be seen at http://www.bollym4u.com/sop2.htm

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Tatenda Taibu who is in atrocious form would have been "rested"
Indeed. It's not like we have to keep him in for his 'keeping... :)