Mountaineers vs Eagles

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
andy24
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Mountaineers vs Eagles

Post by andy24 »

LTGM i think read somewhere that one of the overseas players found him one of the most difficult to face, due to his hieght. SO he seems to be an obvious replacement to Mpofu

betterdays
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by betterdays »

andy24 wrote:LTGM i think read somewhere that one of the overseas players found him one of the most difficult to face, due to his hieght. SO he seems to be an obvious replacement to Mpofu
They are going to cut the squad, not add to it! Shingi took a 5fer and has been looking good for couple of seasons...post-NZ i should expect/hope that Bobby returns to his rightful place ... but, yes, i suppose it's always good if the guys know someone is waiting at the door.

andy24
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by andy24 »

betterdays wrote:
andy24 wrote:LTGM i think read somewhere that one of the overseas players found him one of the most difficult to face, due to his hieght. SO he seems to be an obvious replacement to Mpofu
They are going to cut the squad, not add to it! Shingi took a 5fer and has been looking good for couple of seasons...post-NZ i should expect/hope that Bobby returns to his rightful place ... but, yes, i suppose it's always good if the guys know someone is waiting at the door.

yes i knew there not going to put him in the squad, i just ment that maybe we have another Mpofu in the ranks

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

What a shock to see a Chigumbura ton! :o Good on him.

aydee

Post by aydee »

Paul Horton. He'd said he was quite a handful with the new ball, but that Waller had been the most consistent. This was after he got a ton vs Eagles.

Boundary
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Boundary »

betterdays wrote: They are going to cut the squad, not add to it! Shingi took a 5fer and has been looking good for couple of seasons...post-NZ i should expect/hope that Bobby returns to his rightful place ... but, yes, i suppose it's always good if the guys know someone is waiting at the door.
I think Shingi might have leapfrogged Meth as Mpofu's replacement in the starting XI. He has always been around but I think he needed more experience, which's got now. Plus he had a stint, no matter how short, with Allan Donald. I would like to know his speed though.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

I have copied and pasted the below comments from Allan donald regarding zimbabwes pace attack and mention of shini masakadza potential after the bangladesh test match. comment below

Together with Jarvis, Vitori formed a promising partnership, with his swing and Jarvis' pace the key elements of their pairing. "I am so happy for Kyle, especially because he had such trouble with his back last year," Donald said, referring to Jarvis' stress fracture, which kept him out of the game for several months and is said to have cost him a yard or two in pace. "All he did was hang around the grounds and try and learn."

With two such determined characters taking the new ball for Zimbabwe, Donald thinks they may have found the ideal combination, after having been through a fair number of seamers recently. That list includes Shingirai Masakadza, younger brother of Hamilton, who Donald thinks will come back strongly after being dropped for this series, although he was part of Zimbabwe's World Cup squad. "He gets some serious gas, he's up there at about 138 or 140 [kph] and is a very good athlete," Donald said.

hhm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by hhm »

Boundary wrote:
betterdays wrote: I think Shingi might have leapfrogged Meth as Mpofu's replacement in the starting XI.
Mark my words, this guy will be one half of our long-term Test opening bowling duo. The other half, Nicholson, has been missing in action, but he'll be back!

Not sure about Shingi replacing Meth, I think it should be one of Jarvis or Vitori - two guys who haven't bowled enough and have already proven to be injury prone, not to mention POOR first innings bowlers! FACT :!:
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis

betterdays

Post by betterdays »

hhm wrote:Not sure about Shingi replacing Meth, I think it should be one of Jarvis or Vitori - two guys who haven't bowled enough and have already proven to be injury prone, not to mention POOR first innings bowlers! FACT :!:
One of Shingi or Meth will be warming the Bench in the NZ test - the other will be playing (unless, topically, Streaky seeks to curry political favour with his future Umzingwane voters, as he eyes a future politcal career standing as MP [minister of sport] by going with a Ncube :D ) if fit, I think we're safe to assume that Vitori, Jarvis, Price and Elton are 4 of the last 5)

hhm wrote:Mark my words, [Shingi] will be one half of our long-term Test opening bowling duo. The other half, Nicholson, has been missing in action, but he'll be back!
He looks good for it - these young upstarts of KJ and BV have their work cut out, as it should be. must admit, i've seen almost nothing of Nicholson so no idea

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

Good game in vain from Shingi. Eagles hunted as a pack. Chigs got the runs for them.