ZIMBABWE vs NAMIBIA T20I

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: ZIMBABWE vs NAMIBIA T20I

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

ZIMBABWE SQUAD FOR T20I SERIES VERSUS NAMIBIA:

Craig Ervine (captain), Ryan Burl, Sikandar Raza Butt, Regis Chakabva, Tendai Chatara, Tanaka Chivanga, Bradley Evans, Luke Jongwe, Innocent Kaia, Wessly Madhevere, Tadiwanashe Marumani, Ernest Masuku, Brandon Mavuta, Tony Munyonga, Richmond Mutumbami, Victor Nyauchi, Milton Shumba, Donald Tiripano

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Finally squad up, but why Donald Tiripano in t20 squad who doesn't played single t20 against SA :roll:

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 8:10 am
Much will depend on the availability of Williams, Masakadza, Ngarava and Muzarabani.

The latter three in particular - without them our bowling will really struggle. (Along with our standard batting struggles :lol: )

If everyone is available we should win.
All four unavailable. Ouch. Missing our three best bowlers and our best batter is going to be tough. Really exposes our lack of depth.

Why can we never get our best 11 cricketers on the field ffs?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

We've managed to pick ALL of our mediocre medium pace trundlers :lol: Tiripano, Jongwe, Masuku, Chatara. They are going to make Evans look like Shaoib Akhtar :lol: Surely we only need 1 or 2 of them in a T20 squad?!

Picking 18 players, even when the 4 best players are unavailable - reeks of selectors who have literally no idea who to pick or who their best squad is.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

What's the reason for Sean Williams' omission SZ? Is he injured or overlooked?

I understand Ngarava and Wellington are injured and Blessing is in IPL so couldn't have done much there.

CalZim

Post by CalZim »

The bowling attack concerns me. Knew the big names weren’t going to be back in time. My 11 then:

Marumani
Chakabva
Madhevere
Ervine
Shumba
Raza
Burl
Evans
Masuku
Chatara
Nyauchi

Raza and Madhevere will have to take the primary spin role. Hoping for seam friendly conditions.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Innocent Kaia racking up those frequent flyer points.

Flew to the UK for 1 club game in April, then flew out to Nepal. Flew back to the UK for 1 club game (yesterday) again and now flying back to Zim. :lol:

https://fordhouses.play-cricket.com/web ... ts/5021564

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 1:24 pm
What's the reason for Sean Williams' omission SZ? Is he injured or overlooked?
His dad passed recently. I think he's been having a tough time away from cricket for quite a while now. I'm not sure when we will next see him tbh. He's made himself unavailable for the time being.

Hopefully he'd be back for Afghanistan or more likely the qualifier, but with the NPL season ending soon and the Bulawayo league finished, I don't know where he's going to get any time in the middle.

Rajkumar Sharma

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Seems ZC has issue with Sikandar Raza in handing over captaincy to him. He is the best man to lead Zimbabwe in shorter format, the most experienced guy as he had played shorter format nearly every part of the World and has got better idea then others in reading shorter format cricket

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 1:21 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 8:10 am
Much will depend on the availability of Williams, Masakadza, Ngarava and Muzarabani.

The latter three in particular - without them our bowling will really struggle. (Along with our standard batting struggles :lol: )

If everyone is available we should win.
All four unavailable. Ouch. Missing our three best bowlers and our best batter is going to be tough. Really exposes our lack of depth.

Why can we never get our best 11 cricketers on the field ffs?
Disaster. Those 4 were obviously the first 4 names on the team sheet.