[Match Thread] New Zealand vs Zimbabwe, Only Test

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
hhm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Match Thread] New Zealand vs Zimbabwe, Only Test

Post by hhm »

jimbo wrote:Dont whistel until the fat lady sings hhm
You actually expect our bowlers to do something they've NEVER actually done in the first innings against a Test team of note (Jarvis - more than one wicket), (Vitori&Shingi a single wicket)! Cremer might, but with a SR of 66 and Economy of 4.1, it will cost him 45+ runs to prise a wicket! By that time NZ should be 200/0!

The fat lady sang ages ago mate. Right now she's asleep, and will probably only wake up 0400GMT on Sunday in time for the presentation and formalities, as I will if this rubbish likely persists!

Thankfully the Aus massacre of India is running 'parallel', and I can be treated to some proper bowling!
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Ok, we've given NZ a handicap start. Now to get things moving.

betterdays

Post by betterdays »

FlowerPower wrote:
betterdays wrote:so, 132 for Jarvis and 134 for Vitori (that I saw) - what was shingi's quickest ball?

at least they are above 80 (it's minimum for yur openers)
Actually Vitori hit 137...but to be fair Shingi was concentrating on his line and length which he got spot on so no qualms from me there, but good to finally put some arguments to bed
was a genuine question aboout Shingi - he looked slower than i've seen him and I was only listeneing to commentary [ :) doesn't make sense ... i mean i was not looking at the top of the screen while he bowled so did not notice his speed]and didn;t hear metnion maybe he was instructed to get control!!??

FlowerPower

Post by FlowerPower »

hhm wrote:
jimbo wrote:Dont whistel until the fat lady sings hhm
You actually expect our bowlers to do something they've NEVER actually done in the first innings against a Test team of note (Jarvis - more than one wicket), (Vitori&Shingi a single wicket)! Cremer might, but with a SR of 66 and Economy of 4.1, it will cost him 45+ runs to prise a wicket! By that time NZ should be 200/0!

The fat lady sang ages ago mate. Right now she's asleep, and will probably only wake up 0400GMT on Sunday in time for the presentation and formalities, as I will if this rubbish likely persists!

Thankfully the Aus massacre of India is running 'parallel', and I can be treated to some proper bowling!
I've resisted for a long time, but can't anymore so here goes...who actually forces you to watch this rubbish?
1. Mawoyo 2. Duffin 3. Sibanda 4. Taylor 5. Masakadza 6. Williams 7. Chakabva 8. Creamer 9. Jarvis 10. Rainsford 11. Mpofu

betterdays

Post by betterdays »

hhm wrote: Thankfully the Aus massacre of India is running 'parallel', and I can be treated to some proper bowling!
meh, seen real bowling plenty, am still very curious about these boys

hhm

Post by hhm »

betterdays wrote:
FlowerPower wrote:Actually Vitori hit 137...but to be fair Shingi was concentrating on his line and length which he got spot on so no qualms from me there, but good to finally put some arguments to bed
was a genuine question aboout Shingi - he looked slower than i've seen him and I was only listeneing to commentary and didn;t hear metnion maybe he was instructed to get control!!??
FP, I was never under any illusions that this pair were sizeably faster, if at all, than the so called useless middle pace trundlers they've sidelined! Probably explains their poor FC records! So you've raise a good point in his defense - perhaps he's been instructed to focus on control. They're trying to replace Mpofu, fact is Mpofu does it naturallly, and with success! Shingi should be allowed to be himslef. We might be surprised to find he strikes better than his colleagues. No doubt Shingi looks subdued. We've seen him bowl consistently quicker in the ODI he's palyed for Zim. Your question couldn't have been more relevant betterdays!
FlowerPower wrote:....who actually forces you to watch this rubbish?
A cross of loyalty and curiosity! Unfortunately the forutunes of our team have made some of us develop immunity to such. Shingi's latest beamer which found itself in the stands must make you guilty of failing to resist longer! :lol:
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

Um, Shingi is only in because both Mpofu and Meth are injured. He was fifth seamer in line.

FlowerPower

Post by FlowerPower »

betterdays wrote:
hhm wrote: Thankfully the Aus massacre of India is running 'parallel', and I can be treated to some proper bowling!
meh, seen real bowling plenty, am still very curious about these boys
Oh yeah right Ind v Aus....that's the match where there was a 300+partnership, where one team declared for 604...right proper bowling there ....on your bike then...tata...
1. Mawoyo 2. Duffin 3. Sibanda 4. Taylor 5. Masakadza 6. Williams 7. Chakabva 8. Creamer 9. Jarvis 10. Rainsford 11. Mpofu

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

I dont think he meant the Indians - they have been toothless

betterdays

Post by betterdays »

horrific start ... please let them get a wicket from somewhere for some relief...