Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 2nd T20I | 19th May 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 2nd T20I | 19th May 2022

Post by tej_27 »

Rajput should fucking go he is tweeting about IPL in the middle of the series .i would rather have heath streak come and coach again than this shit. Zimbabwe had such greats in the past i am sure one of those can coach and be better than rajput

Googly

Post by Googly »

tej_27 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 3:44 pm
Rajput should fucking go he is tweeting about IPL in the middle of the series .i would rather have heath streak come and coach again than this shit. Zimbabwe had such greats in the past i am sure one of those can coach and be better than rajput
There needs to be consequences to getting smashed all the time, that's all. Consequences for players, coaches and admin. It's sheltered employment for The Chosen Ones.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

There are literally dozen of qualified coaches down the road in SA who would surely be interested. Probably plenty elsewhere in FC systems overseas that would jump at the chance of stepping up to an international role. Doesn't have to be some huge name. Look at Ireland, they've picked their new coach from a NZ province because he had good ideas and a good vision.

Meanwhile we're stuck with a guy who was the team 'manager' of India a whole 15 years ago and has done very little in between that and joining us. And is more interested in watching the IPL than his own team's matches here. Ffs, our squad didn't even see or hear from the guy between the end of the SL series and halfway through the SA A series when he arrived.

Also, I'm not saying anyone would do significantly better than Rajput. Maybe they wouldn't. But at least they might be present sometimes and make it look like they are putting some effort in. I just fucking despise the guy, and he's had four years - that's long enough. Maybe the next coach would produce similar results or worse but surely it's worth a try now?

Googly is right, clearly nobody cares. If they did then this guy would have been let go when his initial contract expired last September. He's a quiet yes man who doesn't rock the boat so they stick with him. It's really sad. The board doesn't seem to care and I think Rajput cares even less.

From what I've heard, the culture in the team is terrible - it's run like a club setup. Between international series players have almost no contact from the head coach or national setup. There's very little in place in terms of performance goals and monitoring. The players can eat whatever they want, drink whatever they want, smoke whatever they want. Fitness programmes are largely left for them to decide themselves in between international series. Most of the players have to coach themselves or work with private coaches or just each other in the nets. You go to the HSC nets on a weekday evening and you'll find some of our best national players in their own clothes and kit, with some random fat club players just doing some throwdowns with no coaches present at all. Then they'll be in the bar and have 8 beers and a have a blunt round the back.

Surely the head coach sets the standards. Most international coaches would be absolutely horrified if we brought them in now. We have a setup more amateurish than actual village clubs in England. We lose matches and nothing is said. Are plans put in place to rectify it? I don't think so. We lose, everyone says 'oh dear', Rajput trots out a few contrite lines and we try again next week. Theres no consequences at all. Where is the disicpline and standards and expectations? This is the coaches job.

Rajput's head should be on a spike for overseeing all this. What is he being paid for? 10k per month and he doesn't even do anything for 10 months of the year.

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

tej_27 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:28 pm
The Robot wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:05 pm
Zimbabwe should not mind this, one or two defeats can come in 5 match series. Next match they should include Enamuel Bawa, Nick Stubbins, Brighten Phiri, Liam Oldknow, Bryan Curran, Odeandaal, Deeplock
These people are not even in the squad. How to include them ??
They should be included in the team to win games for Zim
Robo to rule :oops:

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

The Robot wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 4:07 pm
tej_27 wrote:
The Robot wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:05 pm
Zimbabwe should not mind this, one or two defeats can come in 5 match series. Next match they should include Enamuel Bawa, Nick Stubbins, Brighten Phiri, Liam Oldknow, Bryan Curran, Odeandaal, Deeplock
Fuck right off. I notice you didn't post in the match thread on Tuesday when we won, Raj. Funny that isn't it?

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see that Divan La Cock is 19.
Does anyone have a list of Madhevere's T20 innings?
I see his average is 22. I'm not so sure about that. He's had a string of low scores hasn't he?

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Zimbabwe desperately needs PJ Moor. He is showing good form in Ireland domestic cricket
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Stoneman Returns wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 4:20 pm
Zimbabwe desperately needs PJ Moor. He is showing good form in Ireland domestic cricket
Three accounts in one day. Use the Yvmnaidu one for a clean sweep!

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 4:08 pm
The Robot wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 4:07 pm
tej_27 wrote:

Fuck right off. I notice you didn't post in the match thread on Tuesday when we won, Raj. Funny that isn't it?
Zimdoggy. You didnt post. Kick your ass
Robo to rule :oops:

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 4:21 pm
Stoneman Returns wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 4:20 pm
Three accounts in one day. Use the Yvmnaidu one for a clean sweep!
Stupid :lol:
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct