Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 4th T20I | 22nd May 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 4th T20I | 22nd May 2022

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

As for Rajput, he’s not even trying to be covert now.

A lot of journalists read this forum, that’s a big story you can write about. Surprised no one’s jumped on it.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 5:53 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 8:53 am
Truth is, put our strongest 11 on the pitch and we are a good team and this series would be going much better and easier.
Idk how true this statement is.

The strongest XI infamously lost to UAE. They then got swept 5-0 in ODIs in Europe in 2019 during the World Cup. Granted its been a few years since then, but it still gives a template.

I think ZIM are right around these leading Associates level.
That was quite some years ago tbf, and we were markedly more competitive in Europe last year compared to 2019. It still wasn't good enough, but it was an improvement.

The 6 players we are missing definitely make our team quite a lot stronger and might put us in a better position in this current series, I don't think that can be argued? Masakadza is much better than Mavuta. Williams is better than Innocent Kaia. Muzarabani is better than any of the bowlers, etc etc.

But I'm not saying that 11 makes us world class either. And the lack of depth is the problem again - because those 11 guys aren't ever pushed by competition for places either.

We both agree it's not good enough anyway.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 6:38 am

A lot of journalists read this forum, that’s a big story you can write about. Surprised no one’s jumped on it.
We don't have any real journalists left in this country, and nobody abroad cares. Do people outside Zimbabwe even remember we exist?

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

So today we got live stream finally :lol:

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Another moan - tomorrow is Africa Day (national holiday here). Why would they schedule the game today, instead of tomorrow when they might be able to attract double the number of spectators? ZC constantly shooting themselves in the foot.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 7:19 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:

We don't have any real journalists left in this country, and nobody abroad cares. Do people outside Zimbabwe even remember we exist?
Oh they read Waleh.
Adam Theo was tweeting in response to criticism he got here. Liam Brickhill is a member of this forum. As is John Ward if he counts.
A journo re printed a rumour a few years back I started (there WAS truth to it, but it didn’t eventuate) in the Zim herald I think. And I’d be pretty sure Mehluli Sibanda reads too.

Such a low hanging good piece here. Our coach tweeting about the IPL during games. Commentating on the IPL game day. Never being here.
Would get more clicks than a Zulu narrating a Novel.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

Not really coz it's mostly free entry anyway. U charge 50c and you'll get 10 spectators tops.

I miss those hospitality tents around Sports Club, jam packed with people. By the time it was over at 9pm I was inevitably so drunk that walking was an issue. Castle Corner jammed from top to bottom, you had to park Km's away if you were late and entry made your eyes water a little, but was worth every penny.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Oh and the stream of babes knowing that a walk past Castle Corner would make the place erupt with mirth and comments. Some would slide around the back, but 90% were well pleased with the attention. Glory days.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 9:40 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 7:19 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:

Oh they read Waleh.
Adam Theo was tweeting in response to criticism he got here. Liam Brickhill is a member of this forum. As is John Ward if he counts.
A journo re printed a rumour a few years back I started (there WAS truth to it, but it didn’t eventuate) in the Zim herald I think. And I’d be pretty sure Mehluli Sibanda reads too.

Such a low hanging good piece here. Our coach tweeting about the IPL during games. Commentating on the IPL game day. Never being here.
Would get more clicks than a Zulu narrating a Novel.
I don't think Theofilatos should ever count :lol: And Mehluli is useless. I don't think Liam still does cricket work unfortunately. All the remaining journos in Zim are in bed with ZC and are terrified of rocking the boat for fear of never being given a line ever again.

But I know and I agree with you totally. People should be all over Rajput and his sidework. It's a disgrace.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Liam was so much better as an African correspondent for espncricinfo than Firdose, that lady only writes about racism, black, white, women power... Nothing else , nothing about cricket actually. 😁