Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 4th T20I | 22nd May 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 4th T20I | 22nd May 2022

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

They are busy with their funny childish excuses. This sort of defeats will cost them more to get fixtures against top opposition

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Missing Sean Williams, Blessing Muzarabani, Wellington Masakadza, Richard Ngarava (throughout the series) and then Milton Shumba and Ryan Burl midway through the series. All 6 are straightfoward first XI names especially in the T20 format. So, we need to keep our disappointments in check, but still the bench strength should have been able to show that they can beat an associate.

Memory goes back to the 2009 Kenya series where we were coming back from our darkest period, and Hamilton Masakadza with the bat and Graeme Cremer with the ball just bulldozed Kenya in the ODI series. That is the typical expectation from a full member, but we know where we stand, unfortunately.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Nyauchi and Chivanga have really hurt their reputations this series. They should have called up Blessing. I don't know why they didn't.

jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jward »

I think an excuse for the guys must be physical and mental tiredness - they have had a seven-month season without much rest, including all those unnecessary and unrepresentative Northerns v Southerns matches.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

jward wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 9:21 pm
I think an excuse for the guys must be physical and mental tiredness - they have had a seven-month season without much rest, including all those unnecessary and unrepresentative Northerns v Southerns matches.
:lol: :lol: Too much cricket now

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Let's also give some credit to Namibia, they continue to improve and make their mark in international cricket, following their impressive T20 WC display last year, where they made it to the Super 12s ahead of Ireland and Netherlands.

Of course I don't mean to give this as an excuse for Zimbabwe's performance, they should still be winning and performing like a full member nation, but Namibia did register wins over Ireland, Netherlands and Scotland in the T20 WC, and I would say Zimbabwe, unfortunately have been pretty much at par with those nations for quite some time now.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:47 am
Let's also give some credit to Namibia, they continue to improve and make their mark in international cricket, following their impressive T20 WC display last year, where they made it to the Super 12s ahead of Ireland and Netherlands.

Of course I don't mean to give this as an excuse for Zimbabwe's performance, they should still be winning and performing like a full member nation, but Namibia did register wins over Ireland, Netherlands and Scotland in the T20 WC, and I would say Zimbabwe, unfortunately have been pretty much at par with those nations for quite some time now.
This just means we have to play them at full strength. They did make the super 12s. Teams at our level can't afford to have half our squad missing. 3 out 4 of our best bowlers in this format are not playing. Our best batsman isn't playing. Then we had our preferred number 6 and 7 not playing today. We just don't have that depth. Same reason Afghanistan didn't want to tour a few months ago. It can get ugly very quickly. You will also find if Sri Lanka and the West Indies are missing half of their national side a team like us would challenge them

No squad depth. That's the biggest lesson learnt this month.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

TapsC2 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:19 am
sam_ahm wrote:

This just means we have to play them at full strength. They did make the super 12s. Teams at our level can't afford to have half our squad missing. 3 out 4 of our best bowlers in this format are not playing. Our best batsman isn't playing. Then we had our preferred number 6 and 7 not playing today. We just don't have that depth. Same reason Afghanistan didn't want to tour a few months ago. It can get ugly very quickly. You will also find if Sri Lanka and the West Indies are missing half of their national side a team like us would challenge them

If it would have happened against test playing nation, players missing would have been a valid excuse. Namibia is an associate side whose domestic set up is of no level as compared to test playing nation Zimbabwe. When you get defeats at the hand of an associate then there is a serious problem in the set up. Whatmore and all staffs were fired, and captaincy changed took place when Zim was last time beaten by associate Afghan side.Rajput & other staffs might get fired but i dont think there is an issue with coaching, its the lack of talent, backing failure players hurting Zim. Defeats in the hands of Nepal & Namibia questions team's credibility. It would be interesting to see what happens now, with qualifiers on the way. Every teams Zim will face in the qualifiers are in right shape and can create havoc surprise in the tournament

Googly

Post by Googly »

TapsC2 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:19 am
sam_ahm wrote:

I'm not sure there's anyone in the brains trust that joins the dots :lol: No depth has been the problem for years. At some point they have to accept there's nobody emerging from our current players who has a chance of putting in regular solid performances. They also need to get an academy going and get some good young players in there and not relatives. I wonder if Williams will make a guest appearance any time soon? How does he even perform when he doesn't appear to practice? Imagine this guy practiced regularly and put on some muscle, he'd be even better than he is.

Their preferred solution is to play as few games as possible, that way it's only cringeworthy once or twice a year. That could be their next pitch at the election-
We're going to guarantee only 2 losses a year because we're only going to play 2 games :lol:
Every single game and series we play further highlights the woeful position we are in. Kenya once a year with no livestream is their first prize.
I'm not sure how Muzarabani has escaped national duty?
Well I have an idea. :lol:
Despite Jongwe making some runs I still don't get how he batted ahead of Evans?
Madhevere is going well.

Googly

Post by Googly »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:33 am
jward wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 9:21 pm
:lol: :lol: Too much cricket now
:lol: