Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 5th T20I | 24th May 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 5th T20I | 24th May 2022

Post by Donald »

Googly wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:57 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:50 pm
Mukuhlani Speaks: https://twitter.com/FrankMawoza1/status ... 5206748162

Doesn't sound like any changes coming. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This guy needs sorting out.
The only unofficial official mouthpiece in World Cricket.
The mediocrity has long been accepted. Also would be very un Frank like to agree with fans and stakeholders.

Googly

Post by Googly »

tej_27 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:36 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:19 pm
Done for a while. This is the bottom for me. If there is no change I'm done.
Zimbabwe were without as many as 6 key players so it was always going to be difficult . Zim full strength vs Namibia will also be a good fight. I still expect zim to qualify for worldcup muzarbani and ngarava will make lot of difference so will burl and shumba .ervine has no place in my opinion
This is ideal 11
Madhevere
Chakabva
Williams
Shumba
Munyonga
Raza
Burl
Mazakadza
Chatara
Muzabarni
Ngarava
Ervine definitely deserves a place. Look at his stats. He has a decent day more regularly than the other guys.

How long are people going to keep punting for Reggie? He's in because there's no alternatives, but he's been diabolical this series. This is the only team where u can keep failing and keep getting selected.
He can absolutely play at this level, but a string of low scores is supposed to send you down until you sort your shit out and regain form and if your replacement grabs his chance thats how cricket works, its tough on everyone. We need all our players fully fit so there's no excuses against Afghanistan, because thats clearly the excuse this time around. They don't give a rat's about this no depth nonsense :lol:
They feel they only need 11 players, so let's see them against Afghanistan.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Googly wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:55 pm
Donald wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:39 pm
Marumani and cephas as the power hitters

Every side has them
We've tried Cephas. The fans, board and players were up in arms and accusing Streak and Co of prejudice and he got a shot and struggled against sustained quality bowling. If they go down that route again then it will require yet another calming walk and possibly a Bob Marley.
I do understand what your saying 110%.
Cephas was tried in the 50 over world cup matches with varying results. Couple of quick scores against Nepal and hong Kong as I recall ( both 40s)
However I have never seen cephas get a sustained spell in the 20 20 matches which should be his best format as a power hitter.
Every side has them and they don't always fire but playing sides like Jersey and Singapore I would back the Greek to come off.
Also plays without fear.
I don't by the way advocate him to be part of our ODI or test set up I just feel we are missing a trick in the 20/20s and play too conservatively

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 3:10 pm

Ervine definitely deserves a place. Look at his stats. He has a decent day more regularly than the other guys.

How long are people going to keep punting for Reggie? He's in because there's no alternatives, but he's been diabolical this series. This is the only team where u can keep failing and keep getting selected.
He can absolutely play at this level, but a string of low scores is supposed to send you down until you sort your shit out and regain form and if your replacement grabs his chance thats how cricket works, its tough on everyone. We need all our players fully fit so there's no excuses against Afghanistan, because thats clearly the excuse this time around. They don't give a rat's about this no depth nonsense :lol:
They feel they only need 11 players, so let's see them against Afghanistan.
Absolutely. Reggie is the best we've got but clearly bang out of form and needs to be dropped right now. But again, as we keep saying, there is nobody else. So these guys know they are the best and just rest on their laurels and have no pressure at all. They know as well as we do that there is nobody to replace them. he needs dropping but who do we pick in his place? Mutumbami is worse and beyond that we are looking at Tafadzwa Tsiga or Nyasha Mayavo ffs :lol:

Also on Reggie, have heard he is playing through significant pain in this series and thats why Mutumbami came in to keep wicket the last couple of games. The poor guy has been playing through injuries for years and is broken - I can't see him continuing much beyond next year.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Wasnt Steve magongo sacked a month before a world cup?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Donald wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 3:15 pm
Googly wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:55 pm
Donald wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:39 pm
Marumani and cephas as the power hitters

Every side has them
We've tried Cephas. The fans, board and players were up in arms and accusing Streak and Co of prejudice and he got a shot and struggled against sustained quality bowling. If they go down that route again then it will require yet another calming walk and possibly a Bob Marley.
I do understand what your saying 110%.
Cephas was tried in the 50 over world cup matches with varying results. Couple of quick scores against Nepal and hong Kong as I recall ( both 40s)
However I have never seen cephas get a sustained spell in the 20 20 matches which should be his best format as a power hitter.
Every side has them and they don't always fire but playing sides like Jersey and Singapore I would back the Greek to come off.
Also plays without fear.
I don't by the way advocate him to be part of our ODI or test set up I just feel we are missing a trick in the 20/20s and play too conservatively
I hear you, but don't agree. Incidentally he bowls a little as well. International bowlers will NOT bowl in his slot, the format doesn't matter. Period.
Hes got a great eye and is fun to watch when he gets going, but it isn't going to happen against top bowlers.
Marumani is the guy "potentially" capable of being the big hitter. Raza can hit but with a 12 average it doesn't look too good. Burl can hit. I keep punting for Evans- he can hit as well, he needs time, which they may not give him. Jongwe can hit. Its not like we don't have guys physically capable of clearing the ropes, it's a mental thing- knowing which ball to pick for which area. That's skill and experience and BELIEF.
If you don't believe you belong at this level then the battle is lost before you start. This is a big part of our problem and why we are chokers deluxe.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Donald wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 3:26 pm
Unfortunately Ratshit wouldn't kick anyone in the nuts :lol:
It's himself that needs them relocated.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Maybe we could get Steve back here to do a number on him? :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Marshmallow wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:58 pm
Going to back Afghanistan first time in my life. Want 6-0 defeat for us against them :x
If they bring a strong side its almost guaranteed. We may win one or possibly two, tops because thats cricket.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Googly wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 3:33 pm
Donald wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 3:26 pm
Unfortunately Ratshit wouldn't kick anyone in the nuts :lol:
It's himself that needs them relocated.
Mushangwe the young spinner being the unfortunate recipient.
Mangongo was like a military drill sergeant but at least he cared. Batshit crazy too 😂☺️