Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 5th T20I | 24th May 2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | 5th T20I | 24th May 2022

Post by tej_27 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:19 pm
Done for a while. This is the bottom for me. If there is no change I'm done.
Zimbabwe were without as many as 6 key players so it was always going to be difficult . Zim full strength vs Namibia will also be a good fight. I still expect zim to qualify for worldcup muzarbani and ngarava will make lot of difference so will burl and shumba .ervine has no place in my opinion
This is ideal 11
Madhevere
Chakabva
Williams
Shumba
Munyonga
Raza
Burl
Mazakadza
Chatara
Muzabarni
Ngarava

Donald

Post by Donald »

No problem with cephas or marumani

They are the players we need at the top with madhevere

Then you have your williams ervine types to nurdle for a bit if things come unstuck and rotate the scoreboard.

Why can raza get 20/20 gigs around the world and never fire for the national side in international 2020 matches.

Kaia is a club cricketer at best.

Chakhabva was rushed back when he should have been playing lots of NPL.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Marumani and cephas as the power hitters

Every side has them

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I'm done guys, I'll stick around on the forum but this is just far too embarassing.

I generally stay optimistic in difficult situations, but my problem here is that I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. This is just a very very grim situation.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Couple of points;

- Namibia are a good side. Super 12's in the last World Cup remember, and they did okay there if I recall. They aren't amateurs or park cricketers as some uninformed in Zim will say after this. They are a proper side and they are well managed and their board is well ran. They are probably about 10th-12th in the world in reality.

- But we can't keep accepting also being in that bracket of 10th-12th in the world or worse. That is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. We get $12m a year from the ICC. Namibia get approximately $500k I believe. We should be lightyears ahead. I'm not doing down Namibia - they are good. But we SHOULD be better.

Our cricket is in a terrible state and the last month or two has exposed it. We have about a dozen really good cricketers who can compete. But there is absolutely NO depth. This is a travesty.

Also, we have six players injured and two seemingly unavailable for selection, and yet there isn't ever a single word from ZC updating us. The contempt they hold for their fans is something else. It's no wonder people on here are saying they are done with it all. Why support an organisation that consistently ignored you even on minor seemingly unsensitive issues like injury updates?

They can't even get a single fixed camera stream working. That sums it up. It absolutely sums it up.

If they can't manage to switch a GoPro on, are they really able to run an entire sport in an entire country? :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

There's always light, and I'm the most pessimistic of you all.
We need a couple more rounds of the most savage beatings, and there's no escaping them, and then maybe something will be done.
It will also be a good campaign slogan for these guys for the next election-
We promise we will do better during the next 4 years, oh and here's a Honda Fit for each of you provincial board members for the election campaign.

It was going to be a KFC voucher and a T shirt, but shit just got real :lol:

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Mukuhlani Speaks: https://twitter.com/FrankMawoza1/status ... 5206748162

Doesn't sound like any changes coming. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This guy needs sorting out.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Donald wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:39 pm
Marumani and cephas as the power hitters

Every side has them
We've tried Cephas. The fans, board and players were up in arms and accusing Streak and Co of prejudice and he got a shot and struggled against sustained quality bowling. If they go down that route again then it will require yet another calming walk and possibly a Bob Marley.

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:50 pm
Mukuhlani Speaks: https://twitter.com/FrankMawoza1/status ... 5206748162

Doesn't sound like any changes coming. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This guy needs sorting out.
The only unofficial official mouthpiece in World Cricket.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Going to back Afghanistan first time in my life. Want 6-0 defeat for us against them :x