[Match Thread] New Zealand v Zimbabwe: 1st ODI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Match Thread] New Zealand v Zimbabwe: 1st ODI

Post by eugene »

The thing is, we should disturb our middle orderand entire team because of Matsi. We should places set in the team, and any new players have to make the most of their opportunities wherever there are vacancies. Remember with Australia how they never disturbed their batting lineup? Simon Katich had to be an opener because that was the only spot available and he flourished there because he was a quality player. The reason Matsi failed was because he always does, whether it be at 1 or 11.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Well on to Whangarei and Cobham Oval for the next ODI, the first international match to played at the ground. We are really seeing a few boutique cricket grounds on this tour. New Zealand really does have some wonderful grounds. I have never been to Whangarei but the weather is normally pretty good up there and I think Cobham Oval has rather small boundaries (I could be wrong on this one) so there should be some runs on offer.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

New Zealand really does have some wonderful grounds.
The lovely grounds and scenery are always one my biggest pleasures watching the cricket coverage from NZ. Unfortunately the time difference keeps my from catching much of the action live so I'm restricted to highlights.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

FlowerPower wrote:
Jemisi wrote:Interestingly for all of Vitori's bussle, there isn't much difference between them in pace. Or probably with N.Waller.
I think you are stretching it a tad, Jemisi, Vitori in his first spell (read first 5/6 overs) touched 137, hovered between 130-134, and averaged about 130, Meth was hardly there, its only his day 1 end spell that he(Vitori) was considerably slower that he was comparable to Meth. I strongly believe these two just need to swap formats, Meth is suited to the longer format and Vitori to limited overs check the stats and you will see what I mean.
Sure mate, I was exaggerating to make the point. But I watched a lot of Vitori in the test and more of his balls were below 120 than were above 130. I was commenting on the fact that Vitori was putting a lot more energy in for little extra pace.

And then the Waller comment was a cheapshot.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

This is re problem with coltart, Ali, ZCF etc

When the batting doesn't fire you see comments like "if only the bats can support the bowlers good work"

When the bowling let's us down it's "the bowlers must support Brendan taylors efforts with the bay"

People have such short memories to the fact we struggle in both disciplines
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

We do struggle in both and that is why it is hard for us to put both together in the one match. Which is why we have the win % that we do.