1st ODI Zimbabwe v Afghanistan

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 1st ODI Zimbabwe v Afghanistan

Post by secretzimbo »

I don’t disagree, but hang in there Taps.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

We're so desperate for test cricket, we're playing it in ODIs too.

That run rate and strike rate is abysmal. To be doing that from the first over, one if always going to be behind the game. Also extremely dumb that our best bowler and our most economical bowler are not bowling out their overs. It's not about giving everyone a chance, it's about making the right calls.

We are so far behind the eight ball, it's not even funny anymore. It's not long before we are Kenya, and the biggest criminal in all of this is smiling and laughing all along, whilst the ICC continue to feed his ego.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:31 pm
I was at the game live today for a few hours. The fans are there but there are disgruntled. The energy is extremely negative when you actually get to talking and hearing what people are saying. Yes they will celebrate a boundary or a good shot but everybody is asking the question now..
How did we get here?
The crowd actually looked a decent size in the afternoon and was very noisy. Big well done to all the guys there still supporting. Despite everything a lot of people still care.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:46 pm
That run rate and strike rate is abysmal. To be doing that from the first over, one if always going to be behind the game. Also extremely dumb that our best bowler and our most economical bowler are not bowling out their overs. It's not about giving everyone a chance, it's about making the right calls.
I have to say, Ervine's captaincy continues to disappoint. Strange decisions almost every game, and seems to be affecting his batting. I really hope Williams is okay and isn't finished, by far the smartest on-field cricketer we have and natural captain.

It wouldn't make much difference overall, and our problems are way bigger. But it's still very frustrating to see basic mistakes being made anyway.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

It's not an excuse, but not many teams in the world would have fared that much better against Nabi and Rashid's performances today.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:51 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:57 pm
Lol what? :lol:
He may well be Vaj's 5th personality. :lol:
I suspect its you that's salty after being scammed for the last couple of years :lol: That's a long time to be stupid, even for you.
That poor stuff he wrote I see you find amusing. What is it you don't like about my fellow countrymen?
Raj ain't that bad. He may be slightly coarse and night not know how to spell covfefe properly but he's the sort of guy every forum needs.

He only wants cricket to be a great game again. For too long us Asians have seen others come in and ruin the game. And before anyone thinks I have a problem with non-Asian teams, I don't. I'm totally fine with England and Australia and New Zealand playing the game because they play it the right way. But I don't like teams like Zamibia or Scotland being given all these slots in World Cups when teams like Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan qualified the right way. It would have been way easier if we had 4-6 freebie slots open to qualify in the old days.

Raj is just the first guy to come out and say these things in the open. I see so many people support the IPL and BCCI's pursuit of a more equitable place in the ICC that the only way Asian cricket can be stopped is if non Asians rig the process. And the ICC is rigged, believe me. No way would anyone on the streets of Delhi Mumbai Lahore Dhaka or Sylhet support teams like Nambabwe playing full internationals. Zero percent chance.

I really hope Raj doesn't get banned from the forum or decide to quit. Cricket forums hold us Asian posters to completely different standards and frankly I am sick and tired of our voices being silenced. This is why I am in full support of N Srivisan's buyout of the internet. Let there be a free marketplace of all opinions regarding cricket. Maybe then all the lies about thr 2019 World Cup will be exposed and the true Champions finally crowned albeit 3 years too late.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:59 pm
It's not an excuse, but not many teams in the world would have fared that much better against Nabi and Rashid's performances today.
Rashid and Mujeeb weren't there in 2015, but Afghan were winless from 9 games at the last World Cup (ODIs only because T20 doesn't count, lol). 0-9 is a pretty hard number to run from. Let's see how they do in 2023, but I cant see them winning more than 1 game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:12 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:59 pm
Rashid and Mujeeb weren't there in 2015, but Afghan were winless from 9 games at the last World Cup (ODIs only because T20 doesn't count, lol). 0-9 is a pretty hard number to run from. Let's see how they do in 2023, but I cant see them winning more than 1 game.
Well yeah as a team they aren't there yet. I don't think their seamers looked any better than ours, even that Farooq guy who everyone rates - they weren't doing much special today at least. And batting wise they are a bit light compared to top world cup teams. We should have restricted them to less and we really should have been attacking and taking advantage of their generous seamers.

But can't argue with Rashid & Nabi today. The pitch was not a minefield at all but they just bowled perfectly. It doesn't excuse our batsman at all because we've seen them be equally shit against much worse attacks :lol: But a lot of better batters would have still struggled against those bowling performances today I think.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:05 pm
Googly wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:51 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:57 pm
Lol what? :lol:
He may well be Vaj's 5th personality. :lol:
I suspect its you that's salty after being scammed for the last couple of years :lol: That's a long time to be stupid, even for you.
That poor stuff he wrote I see you find amusing. What is it you don't like about my fellow countrymen?
Raj ain't that bad. He may be slightly coarse and night not know how to spell covfefe properly but he's the sort of guy every forum needs.

He only wants cricket to be a great game again. For too long us Asians have seen others come in and ruin the game. And before anyone thinks I have a problem with non-Asian teams, I don't. I'm totally fine with England and Australia and New Zealand playing the game because they play it the right way. But I don't like teams like Zamibia or Scotland being given all these slots in World Cups when teams like Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan qualified the right way. It would have been way easier if we had 4-6 freebie slots open to qualify in the old days.

Raj is just the first guy to come out and say these things in the open. I see so many people support the IPL and BCCI's pursuit of a more equitable place in the ICC that the only way Asian cricket can be stopped is if non Asians rig the process. And the ICC is rigged, believe me. No way would anyone on the streets of Delhi Mumbai Lahore Dhaka or Sylhet support teams like Nambabwe playing full internationals. Zero percent chance.

I really hope Raj doesn't get banned from the forum or decide to quit. Cricket forums hold us Asian posters to completely different standards and frankly I am sick and tired of our voices being silenced. This is why I am in full support of N Srivisan's buyout of the internet. Let there be a free marketplace of all opinions regarding cricket. Maybe then all the lies about thr 2019 World Cup will be exposed and the true Champions finally crowned albeit 3 years too late.

Isnt Raj like an obvious troll lol. He owns one of Robot or Stonemanreturns if not both.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

^ Kriterion was being facetious.

Trying to be funny but I don't think it worked...