[Match Thread] New Zealand v Zimbabwe: 3rd ODI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Match Thread] New Zealand v Zimbabwe: 3rd ODI

Post by eugene »

I don't think bowling in the final 10 overs qualifies as being protected. That is usually the hardest time to bowl, particularly when there are wickets in hand a big score already on the board. That NZ lower order is very destructive. I am sure Vitori didn't feel protected bowling in the final 10.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

hhm

Post by hhm »

In the context of Zim's matches - he was protected(particularly 2nd match). The wicket of the fluid batsman falls, Nicol inexperienced and struggling to score runs, lower order bowling allrounder who last did well aeons ago comes in, ideal time for your premier fast bowler to be brought on, but Jarvis only bowls again in the 41st over! We all know he's not good enough to stem the flow of runs in the last ten anyway, and that's exactly what happened he was ineffective! Those 5 overs should've been saved for Price(with two seamers sharing the rest)!

We can debate this endlessly, I feel it was poor captaincy, induced by Jarvis being hit for a big over previously, so captain wasn't 'bold' enough to risk him against a pinch hitter! You disagree. What is a fact however, is that of all our active seamers right now, Shingi included, Jarvis is the one bowler who is THE most expensive, and gets smashed for the most boundaries! That's a reputation he developed even before we landed in NZ!

Vitori didn't feel protected being bowled in today's match! Period!
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis

sscricket
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by sscricket »

It would be criminal to play Jarvis and Vitori in the T20's

Please bring back Meth and send back Butcher to where he came from. Does this old man know any cricket?

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

What speeds were the lads bowling ? didn't see the game

sscricket

Post by sscricket »

What concerns me is the mental attitude of the batsmen like Chakabva, Taibu etc. There seems to be no intent or will to win.
I would bet on Ireland or Afganistan beating this team.

andy24
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by andy24 »

sloandog wrote:What speeds were the lads bowling ? didn't see the game
Jarvis of what i saw was in 130s, fastest i saw was 138. Chigumbura was high 120s and pushed 130 at times. Vitori i just gave up watching.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

sloandog wrote:What speeds were the lads bowling ? didn't see the game
Jarvis got hit for a massive straight six when he'd bowled the fastest I saw in the match from him at 143.

Yorker
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Yorker »

I just found this interesting stuff posted by Chris Mpofu on his Facebook page:
"...it feels good to be back againg...love ya lots. Forgot to mention haters who said all the shi**. When they had that I got injured, u only made me stronger. Dankie. Can't wait to get out there and do my thing..."

It seems as if the brother has resurrected from injury.

bayhaus

Post by bayhaus »

Yorker wrote:I just found this interesting stuff posted by Chris Mpofu on his Facebook page:
"...it feels good to be back againg...love ya lots. Forgot to mention haters who said all the shi**. When they had that I got injured, u only made me stronger. Dankie. Can't wait to get out there and do my thing..."

get twitter account Mpofu and we will follow you, you seem to have lots of exciting things to say...
POVOAfrika = Arts + Culture + Sustainability
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

hhm

Post by hhm »

bayhaus wrote:
Yorker wrote:I just found this interesting stuff posted by Chris Mpofu on his Facebook page:
get twitter account Mpofu and we will follow you, you seem to have lots of exciting things to say...
Social media generation! Can't write proper english, zulu or shona, let alone spell it!

Anyway, I wonder who had negative things to say about him they're plain silly! Chris was sorely missed!

He can shuffle..... :lol:

Pakistan taking on Afghanistan. Hopefully sooner rather than later Butcher&co can have the confidence to tell Bvute the boys are ready to take on the Associates. Particularly Ireland. I would love for this debate about Zim's best current seamers to be settled once and for all. Nothing worse than seeing your favorite seamer smashed more to all ends of the ground! That should settle it! ;)
1Mawoyo 2Vusi 3Hami 4Taylor(c) 5Craig 6Matsi 7Taibu(wk) 8Elton 9Cremer 10Rainsford 11Mpofu 12Jarvis