Zimbabwe vs Afghanistan 2nd odi 06/06/2022

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: Zimbabwe vs Afghanistan 2nd odi 06/06/2022

Post by tej_27 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:34 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:45 am
I’m on my way to the ground for this afternoon anyway. Hope to see a better performance
Anyone who feels depressed today, just be thankful you didn’t drive for five fucking hours to sports club to watch.

That’s the last time I ever turn out for this bunch of players
Sorry to read this bro ..what's the reaction from the crowd in general ? How are they taking this defeat after defeat

ilovearsenal04
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by ilovearsenal04 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:34 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:45 am
I’m on my way to the ground for this afternoon anyway. Hope to see a better performance
Anyone who feels depressed today, just be thankful you didn’t drive for five fucking hours to sports club to watch.

That’s the last time I ever turn out for this bunch of players
Its soo unfortunate that it has come to this but we cannot be suprised or shocked it came to this. Even the admins of this forum have given up and that tells the story and the state our team is in. We will bounce back and thing will normalize, the Afghans are actually a great side and they have a bunch of really passionate and talented guys. It was to be expected that we would lose. Lets just look forward to what the future holds for us and try to somehow stay positive (as hard as it is) Bit life in Zimbabwe generally has also been on the downfall for a while and people still hope for better days to come. Its part of our DNA to handle tough situations
The higher you go the cooler it becomes.

Googly

Post by Googly »

How do we bounce back? Essentially the same management and policies for the last 20 years and less player options.
We will hear these same platitudes at some point from ZC-
We will bounce back
We're rebuilding
Give us time
Have faith
They don't give a fuck at the moment but will be a bit more vocal when the elections swing round, they'll pretend they care. Once that's taken care of there will be the usual arrogant silence.
It's a private family run business that are not accountable to anybody.

kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by kudet »

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

tej_27 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:23 pm
Sorry to read this bro ..what's the reaction from the crowd in general ? How are they taking this defeat after defeat
Today it was brutal. The people I was chatting with and sat nearby were furious, including an old fella who said he used to play with Makoni 20 years ago and used to support the ZC board....but has totally turned over the last few months.

Kudet's video above was filmed Saturday. The atmosphere around me today felt much worse than that.

If this team doesn't get a win soon things will get ugly. A 6-0 defeat and it will be carnage. I sense there's people on manoeuvres already....

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Reading this thread today and seeing the difficulty finding a stream in Zim ffs. What a joke of an organisation.

The match is being broadcast to extremely high quality standards, and yet people in our own country aren't allowed to watch it :lol: India? Sure. Afghanistan? Sure. Bangladesh? Sure. Europe? Sure.

Zimbabwe? Nope :lol:

Why say it's going to be on ZBC when it obviously isn't. Are we that bad that even SuperSport aren't interested in paying a few dollars for the broadcast rights?

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I feel I've just been posting negative stuff all the time but I can't see any positives.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

The last time I went to HSC, it was just magical.
It was that victory over Australia in 2014 and I was at the Centurion bar with my two cousins and my Mrs. Singing songs, drinking Zambezi in the sun, just bathing in the beauty of Zimbabwe. I loved every second of it but it's because we had players to get behind.
Utseya was on the presipis of being a great ODI spinner, Taylor was in the runs, Williams was scoring runs etc. It just had an amazing feel to it and i know, it was still ZC and they had just as manhy problems back then, but it was special.

It brings a tear to my eye thinking of how low even the forum has fallen. We've lost so so so many valuable posters here because the side is flat. Flat! There's no umph anymore and the players visually look like they're exhausted.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I'm sick of seeing clear tactical and selection blunders, game by game, series by series, year by year! What has Tiripano done to deserve to be in this side above Jongwe or Evans. In fact don't even get me started on Evans. I said in 2018 that he was going to be special and yet, here he is, a fast bowling all rounder and he can't get a sniff. Yet Chivanga who averages 48 in LA cricket and can't bat or field gets in.
Kai wasn't even in this fucking squad, but he's opening. Granted, he's scored a half century today and I'm delighted for him. A lot of my friends know him and have said he's a lovely bloke, but wtf is the board doing?! Munyonga needs to be in, Myers needs to be in if he's still got it, Marumani needs to be somewhere at the top to knock the bowlers of their lines and Jongwe or Evans MUST be selected over DT. I've met him, he's an ace man and a proud Zimbabwean, but c'mon man! What is he bringing to an international LO side? Breathe some fire into the side. Look to some of the under 19's who nailed it in the WC, get Bawa around the squad and show he's valued like they did with Wez and Shumba.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

If I was given an opportunity I could run ZC and make honest, tough selections which would benefit the team but piss off some heads.
Invest in Nick Welch, Ben Curran, Immaunuel Bawa and Schardendorf to come and play in the FC system and then integrate them. We need depth and we need it now. This series is demoralising on so many levels. There's zero atmosphere on the ground, on the forum and within the players.

Those on the forum who have been here since our test return in 2011 will remember the hype and the excitement that we built up. The squad had been fired up, the sponsorship was there, the board seemed to be pulling in one direction with Streak and Flower and Campbell behind the scenes, doing some good! And now..? We're in free fall. It's heart wrenching because even in the darker days, we seemed to put up small fights against Bangladesh and the smaller nations. Now we're getting dry bummed.